Halo 4 Music Should Return in Halo 6

Yes, I thought Halo 4’s soundtrack was overall incredibly sub-par and I enjoy hearing the classic songs return, but I find myself missing a couple of the tracks from Halo 4 that weren’t carried over into 5.

While 4’s action music was mostly forgettable, the menu music was the highlight for me, particularly the first two tracks that play when you start. The woman’s chant was beautiful and a worthy successor to the Gregorian chants IMO; I’d sometimes listen to her voice until the song was finished before I started playing. I think mixing that with the classic deep “masculine” chants would be amazing. Same with the second track; it’s heroic and wonderous, and I liked how it ended with Halo 3’s piano theme.

As I feel h4 music is underrated. I also feel that CE has the best music overall.

> 2533274909139271;2:
> As I feel h4 music is underrated. I also feel that CE has the best music overall.

I prefer halo 2’s rock music.

OP I agree. Some should return while also keeping the classic songs.

Nope we need more Steve vai in halo 6 less anything like halo 4. That sound track is really underwhelming compared t anything from halo 2

I like it as is. If I wanted to play rock music to a shooter, I’d go play CoD.

Orchestral with slight techno/synthetic undertones for Halo forever! Plus I prefer the Gregorian chants especially as THE Halo theme.

I have to say, I think Halo 4’s soundtrack was pretty neat. I’d love to listening it back on Halo 6.

No please no, I hated all but One song halo 4’s soundtrack the rest was awful and wasn’t halo. I’d much rather have some good old classics such as The mjolnir mix or Blow me away they were much better song that actually fit halo. I just really hated the halo 4 music. But I actually liked the halo 5 music since it was mostly classics.

Actually, the melody in the Osiris theme is loosely based on the melody of the woman’s chant in the H4 menu. At 1:42 in this video you can hear it. It’s different but there is some thematic continuity there. I would like to hear the chant again in the next game though.

Also, I’m glad that this (starts at 1:00)motif from Halo 4 was continued on in Halo 5 and appears a lot.

Actually a lot of H5’s music actually started in H4.

Oh god no

The one I liked most was the one that plays during the broadsword sequence of Midnight.

There was a funny glitch where it wouldn’t start playing on its own, so you had to crash the broadsword as soon as the mission starts to get it going.

Edit: moderately off topic but does anyone know where I can find all the tracks that play in 5’s main menu, there’s quite a few and I cant find a list anywhere.

The “Reclaimer Trilogy/Saga” seems to be taking a more movie/film-score approach… rather than copying a pasting tracks like older video games did (Halo 1-3 for example), they are leaning more towards bringing in new music for the games while still keeping older “motifs” without overusing them. Think of it like a Star Wars score for instance; every film has completely new music, and doesn’t use any music from the previous films (other than a few tracked cues) although John Williams maintains the important themes and motifs. For example, the Imperial March appears in it’s full ONLY in The Empire Strikes Back, however the base theme of it stays throughout the trilogy. Re-using old music is a thing of the past, and it doesn’t really fit Halo anymore. Imagine if “A Walk in the Woods” or something like that started randomly playing in Halo 6. It would be very off-putting. IMO the only things that should (and need to) be reused are basic motifs and main themes. Reusing full tracks from previous scores are unnecessary. Leave the previous games and their music in the past. I’d much rather hear new music than remakes. If I wanted to listen to Halo 2 music, I’d listen to the Halo 2 soundtrack. There were more than enough remakes in Halo 5.

> 2533274879407634;7:
> No please no, I hated all but One song halo 4’s soundtrack the rest was awful and wasn’t halo. I’d much rather have some good old classics such as The mjolnir mix or Blow me away they were much better song that actually fit halo. I just really hated the halo 4 music. But I actually liked the halo 5 music since it was mostly classics.

I love it when people read the title and just bust a nut without reading a single word…

The MENU MUSIC (i.e. The stuff that actually sounded kinda calm and haunting like Marty’s stuff). I hated Halo 4’s Tron-esque techno-garble, I don’t want that back but the choir/orchestral stuff was pretty good.

> 2533274832335336;12:
> > 2533274879407634;7:
> > No please no, I hated all but One song halo 4’s soundtrack the rest was awful and wasn’t halo. I’d much rather have some good old classics such as The mjolnir mix or Blow me away they were much better song that actually fit halo. I just really hated the halo 4 music. But I actually liked the halo 5 music since it was mostly classics.
>
>
> I love it when people read the title and just bust a nut without reading a single word…
>
> The MENU MUSIC (i.e. The stuff that actually sounded kinda calm and haunting like Marty’s stuff). I hated Halo 4’s Tron-esque techno-garble, I don’t want that back but the choir/orchestral stuff was pretty good.

Op I did read your post, I just hated halo 4’s soundtrack with a passion.

> 2533274866682248;8:
> Actually, the melody in the Osiris theme is loosely based on the melody of the woman’s chant in the H4 menu. At 1:42 in this video you can hear it. It’s different but there is some thematic continuity there. I would like to hear the chant again in the next game though.
>
> Also, I’m glad that this (starts at 1:00)motif from Halo 4 was continued on in Halo 5 and appears a lot.
>
> Actually a lot of H5’s music actually started in H4.

Thanks, but I’m aware of that. I’m just saying I wish they’d stayed more prevalent in 5. Junnoichi (I think that’s how it’s spelled?) is fantastic with the epic “movie-like” scores, but I can’t remember any of the chill music in Halo 5 like I do Halo 4’s.

As you said yourself (and exactly what I was thinking before even clicking the thread), Halo 4’s soundtrack is sub-par. Has maybe three good songs at the most, and that includes the orchestral stuff. Even relative to other game soundtracks, not just comparing it to Marty’s work, it’s still sub-par.

Halo 4’s Menu music was okay I guess, but I’m not really begging for it to return.

No, outside of the main Reqieum chant and music rom the title menu it was forgettable.

While I think halo 5 was better, it pales in comparison to any of the Bungie halos.

At this point I’d back a Brinks truck up to Marty’s house and get him back. Halo is badly missing those iconic soundtracks original trilogy. Even Reach had a great soundtrack

we we need the Halo monks back, a proper mjolnir mix. And it should pop up during the campaign at the badass moments like it always has.

Halo 2 wouldn’t have been the same without tracks like Peril, Heavy Price Paid, Heretic Hero, the Last Spartan… Etc they just enhanced the moment every time they appeared and added a gravitas and epicness to the action, cutscenes and moments.

It took me play Halo 5 like 4th playthrough before I recognized the -Yoink- bastardized mjolnir mix in it and only noticed it on the last chief level halfway by accident. That’s sad

> 2533274879407634;7:
> No please no, I hated all but One song halo 4’s soundtrack the rest was awful and wasn’t halo. I’d much rather have some good old classics such as The mjolnir mix or Blow me away they were much better song that actually fit halo. I just really hated the halo 4 music. But I actually liked the halo 5 music since it was mostly classics.

Mostly classics? What? The title screen and “The Trials” were the only classic songs in Halo 5. The rest was just filler and in my opinion, pretty unmemorable.

> 2783251376877086;17:
> > 2533274879407634;7:
> > No please no, I hated all but One song halo 4’s soundtrack the rest was awful and wasn’t halo. I’d much rather have some good old classics such as The mjolnir mix or Blow me away they were much better song that actually fit halo. I just really hated the halo 4 music. But I actually liked the halo 5 music since it was mostly classics.
>
>
> Mostly classics? What? The title screen and “The Trials” were the only classic songs in Halo 5. The rest was just filler and in my opinion, pretty unmemorable.

OK maybe not mostly classics but my point is at least it had classics. Halo 4 just tried to eliminate every classic eliment what so ever. Even with the music.

> 2533274832335336;1:
> Yes, I thought Halo 4’s soundtrack was overall incredibly sub-par and I enjoy hearing the classic songs return, but I find myself missing a couple of the tracks from Halo 4 that weren’t carried over into 5.
>
> While 4’s action music was mostly forgettable, the menu music was the highlight for me, particularly the first two tracks that play when you start. The woman’s chant was beautiful and a worthy successor to the Gregorian chants IMO; I’d sometimes listen to her voice until the song was finished before I started playing. I think mixing that with the classic deep “masculine” chants would be amazing. Same with the second track; it’s heroic and wonderous, and I liked how it ended with Halo 3’s piano theme.

I agree with you, Halo 4’s menu music was great, the and the Theme “117” (That theme gives me goosebumps) were the only 2 songs in Halo 4 that I actually liked.