Halo 4 music :s

I just checked these 2 new musictracks for Halo 4:

… and I think: they suck. Sry to say it so directly but:

I have the feeling that they try desperately to make Halo4’s music epic - but that don’t work. In all honest: these 2 tracks sound like the new 0815-Hollywood-Blockbuster-Intro for “The Beauty and the Beast”.

Halo’s soundtracks were never mainstream… why changing it now?

I realy hope that these soundtracks are not real Halo 4 soundtracks… may be an admin will come and say: they are fake… or I will soon wake up in my bed; soaked in sweat… :stuck_out_tongue:

Iam now rly scared that Halo 4 will suck because the music will suck… yes, music is rly important… ><
The music for the artwork was good… but these… O M G (or for the satansits here: O M S).

Change is good, I look forward to the new music. Marty’s stuff was excellent, made you feel like you were in fact on an epic adventure. There will problably be epic moments in the new music but there will also be times when the games gotta feel mysterious.

Really? I think it’s epic.

Come on man. They’re both amazing pieces of music.

Cool story bro but I disagree.

Its like beethoven meets 60’s music.
I wana go play the halo theme on guitar hero 3 now.

No not 60’s

> Come on man. They’re both amazing pieces of music.

to bad i can’t change what i like/dislike…

• well i would if i could… but i can’t ><

Hope these are only some unimportant tracks… and the main tracks will be better (imo).

That music is pretty good to me, but you have to remember the context is everything, to me the music sounds like something mysterious is being discovered in a new area.

Halo 4 will only suck for you because its your opinion. For those who like the music, there isn’t a problem :slight_smile:

> > Come on man. They’re both amazing pieces of music.
>
> to bad i can’t change what i like/dislike…
> - well i would if i could… but i can’t ><
>
> Hope these are only some unimportant tracks… and the main tracks will be better (imo).

There’ll be a lotta tunes in this game :smiley:

> Really? I think it’s epic.

This 1337 times :slight_smile:

Personally, I’m loving it. It’s no Marty, but I don’t think that’s what Neil and the rest of the team are aiming for. And this doesn’t sound epic nor is it trying to to. The underlying themes here are mysterious and foreboding. I’d say it’s mysteriously grand. The track leads up to 1:09, at which point you emerge from a dark tunnel or something that clouded your view of the world and you’re supposedly thrust upon the vast and grandiose view of a strangely mystifying alien world. You see bouts of long thick pillars stretching from the heavens, perhaps a few clusters of odd native creatures roaming the pastures and the skies, and then you finally see breaks of majestic mountains glimmering in the distance. And that’s just the beginning, then you begin to explore.

I think it fits perfectly. :slight_smile:

Idc about the soundtrack much, they all sound closely related in every Halo, so this one really wouldn’t be much of a drastic change.

I completely agree with you. 100%. I made better music when I was 12. The music that plays when they show the UNSC Infinity in the War Games MP trailer has to be the lamest, most uninspired work i’ve heard in Halo. It’s “DADADADADAAA!” repeated constantly but it gets louder. Wow. Oh, and before that it’s just some low, boring, music.

> That music is pretty good to me, but you have to remember the context is everything, to me the music sounds like something mysterious is being discovered in a new area.

Yeah may be i won’t hear it then :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the music is epic enaugh… well it is so epic, that it is kitschy again.

But what about the “coolness factor”?
I know these are only 2 tracks but if the rest is similar to this style… >< OMG

Imagine fighting with an air vehicle against something like a scarab - and you are kicking its aXX.
I hope there won’t be some ‘overepic’ 08-15 music (which would better fit in LOTR than in halo 4).

We need more something like the mjolnir-remix of the halo theme, too.
Remember when you ninja the scarab in halo 2 and the halo theme (mjolnir-remix) started?
More something in the Joe Stump style - if you know what i mean.
[for the guys who dunno joe stump (speed metal): check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxQZsW0H7LU]

Iam just scared about forgetting the coolness factor by beeing to much mainstram. I checked out the maintheme… now these 2 songs… and iam rly scared! Sry ><

Beyond a Pale horse and the whole music in Delta Halo were epic, too.
O’Donnel never tried to make em epic, i guess - he tried to make them fit.

Ah damn… all like the music exept me… all will be happy with halo 4 exept me… omg :stuck_out_tongue:

> I completely agree with you. 100%. I made better music when I was 12. The music that plays when they show the UNSC Infinity in the War Games MP trailer has to be the lamest, most uninspired work i’ve heard in Halo. It’s “DADADADADAAA!” repeated constantly but it gets louder. Wow. Oh, and before that it’s just some low, boring, music.

… well… at least we are 2 now… :stuck_out_tongue:

Halo 4 Metal Remix (H1 thru H4)

Tell me this isn’t epic.

edit to fix link from mobile to desktop, original post from Tablet

> <mark>Change is good</mark>, I look forward to the new music. Marty’s stuff was excellent, made you feel like you were in fact on an epic adventure. There will problably be epic moments in the new music but there will also be times when the games gotta feel mysterious.

Change isn’t automatically good. It may be good, but you can say that change is good in the sense it was generally good, that’s simply not true.

Anyway, on the topic at hand, I too don’t really enjoy this new piece of soundtrack. I already gave an indepth explanation for the reasons just few moments ago in another thread, so I’ll just simplify it and say the song is plain boring, it’s repetitious. If anyone wants more indepth explanations, feel free to go through my post history.

“Requiem” is just pure awesomeness.

> Halo 4 Metal Remix (H1 thru H4)
>
> Tell me this isn’t epic.

It’s not. Metal doesn’t fit Halo.

If you keep b33tching about everything , then you will enjoy nothing. Learn to adjust, learn to let live, learn to appreciate.

BTW , I really liked the above mentioned new soundtrack , kinda reminded me of the creepy Harry Potter music of its first three films.