Halo 4 music is a master piece

One thing that the 343 surpassed Halo 3 was the variety of music, with much music of the highest quality, you can not deny that. Have any of you heard “Green and Blue”, alone and in silence in your room? It is a masterpiece. And 117? Oh my God! is incredible. The 343 should continue the good work in the next Halo music. What do you think? What are your favorite songs in Halo 4? And how the songs should be in the next Halo?

> One thing that the 343 surpassed Halo 3 was the variety of music, with much music of the highest quality, you can not deny that. Have any of you heard “Green and Blue”, alone and in silence in your room? It is a masterpiece. And 117? Oh my God! is incredible. The 343 should continue the good work in the next Halo music. What do you think? What are your favorite songs in Halo 4? And how the songs should be in the next Halo?

My favorite pieces are 'Gravity, Mantis, Revival, Arrival, and Faithless.

I do really like the OST.

Green and Blue, Never Forget Remixed… Oh them feels…

Im moving this to the Halo 4 forums as its more suited there.

Also I can’t say I agree with you on this one, I think Halo 3 had much better music. Im a bigger Marty fan.

I like Kazuma, but Marty is still king.

> Im moving this to the Halo 4 forums as its more suited there.
>
> Also I can’t say I agree with you on this one, I think Halo 3 had much better music. Im a bigger Marty fan.

I do love Marty more, but I still think Neil did a fair job on the OST.
I can’t wait for Marty and Destiny.

The Halo 4 music didn’t feel like Halo music at all.

Probably because the lack of Marty.

> The Halo 4 music didn’t feel like Halo music at all.
>
> Probably because the lack of Marty.

As well as the totally new direction the game and franchise is taking…

Play Marty’s music with Halo 4. It doesn’t fit. The music has to match the themes of the game, and that’s one thing that I think Davidge excelled at.

> > The Halo 4 music didn’t feel like Halo music at all.
> >
> > Probably because the lack of Marty.
>
> As well as the totally new direction the game and franchise is taking…
>
> Play Marty’s music with Halo 4. It doesn’t fit. The music has to match the themes of the game, and that’s one thing that I think Davidge excelled at.

I feel if Marty was left in charge to compose the soundtrack, he would’ve created much more heartfelt, iconic tunes. I still listen to some of his music today, I doubt Davidge will have the same lasting impression.

I honestly didn’t like Neil’s music at all.

Kazuma on the other hand wasn’t half bad.

To each their own though.

Halo 4 had some good tunes, but the lack of monks was disappointing.

> Halo 4 had some good tunes, but the lack of monks was disappointing.

The Didact had a few nice tribal chants, but yeah, monks are classic.

When Chief and Cortana come out of slipspace with the Didact’s ship on “Composer” and he says “A Halo?” you hear the monks for a few seconds.
I agree, Halo 4 music is great. I still like the “big sad/epic piano” sound of Halo 3 though.

> you can not deny that.

Er, yes I can. I didn’t find the music memorable at all. There’s only one track I actually notice and that was the main menu music. But mostly because it was so annoying and cliche.

I have to disagree with the OP, halo 4 had by far IMO one of the worst OST’s in the series. Sure, it had a FEW good songs, but nothing great, and most of the good songs were done by Kazuma, not Neil. It was missing so much, there was nothing iconic, they were missing the monks, it was a major disappointment. Halo 4’s music sounded like any music, that would come from a blockbuster movie, not a AAA game.

On another note, Halo 3 ODST had by far the best in the series :3

Totally, man. It’s some great thinking music. My favorite has to be “117.” That horn part gives me chills every time. :slight_smile:

If there’s anything I love about Halo 4, it’s the soundtrack.

I’ll be the first to agree with people who say that it should have had a bit more of a Halo feel, but I still love it completely.

These are my favourite Halo tracks of all time:

1. Never Forget (Halo 3 version)
  2. 117
  3. Revival
  4. Cloaked In Blackness (that -Yoink!- bass)

Halo 4 defiantly gave us a spectacular OST. Of course it’s hard to compare Marty’s style to Neil’s style but it’s good to have something refreshing.

My top tracks have to be:

1. Arrival
  2. Awakening
  3. To Galaxy [Extended]
  4. 117
  5. Never Forget [Midnight Version]

> 4. Cloaked In Blackness (that -Yoink!- bass)

ODST?

> ODST?

Pretty sure that’s from CEA. It’s a remake from A Walk in the Woods if I’m not mistaken.

Wreckage. That is all folks. I think that needs to be remixed for Halo 5. Or Halo 6.

I like the Wreckage track.