Halo 4 Multiplayer

For people who dont have online and get halo 4 , should have AI so they can play multiplayer . I have online just thought this would be a good idea

its a great idea. It would be great for people who cant land a headshot to save their life, for practice. itd be a great feature in halo 4.

I would love to see this integrated.

But you know you can always customize FireFight with Elites only…

yea, but elites just move left and right and spam plasma weapons.

I think that they should be AI spartans like for team slayer, invasion elites or spartans but like the ones in halo custom edition

Combat training or onslaught mode.

Reminds me, we need forge firefight. make our own map, chose spawns, and work like zombies i guess. Survive wave after wave in your fort

Another idea

> yea, but elites just move left and right and spam plasma weapons.

Agreed. That’s what I don’t like, still it’s good practice for your DMR/Sniper since they keep moving around lol.

Bot matches? Sure if 343i has the time to add them in.

> Combat training or onslaught mode.
>
> Reminds me, we need forge firefight. make our own map, chose spawns, and work like zombies i guess. Survive wave after wave in your fort

I believe that was said impossible or very hard by Bungie since firefight runs off of the same netcode as campaign to allow 4 players and AI to work, while forge runs off of the multiplayer netcode so the maps can support many players and be used in matchmaking.

> > Combat training or onslaught mode.
> >
> > Reminds me, we need forge firefight. make our own map, chose spawns, and work like zombies i guess. Survive wave after wave in your fort
>
> I believe that was said impossible or very hard by Bungie since firefight runs off of the same netcode as campaign to allow 4 players and AI to work, while forge runs off of the multiplayer netcode so the maps can support many players and be used in matchmaking.

It’s just a question of Optimization, really.

Right now it’s difficult because enemies behave so differently than players.

It’s a completely different class of character.

But if they standardize everything and allow enemies to do everything players do and vice-versa (no more no less), then we might see bots.

It seems they’re already trying to experiment with that however:

Installation 04 Firefight will have marines to help you and every regular firefight game already takes up the ~40 live AI max from vanilla Reach. Even campaign doesn’t have as much, as it uses a bunch of proxy models doing a limited set of tasks from afar.

Anyway, we’ll wait and see.