Halo 4: Multiplayer Survey

Hey everybody. i have compiled a list of questions for Halo fans concerning some controversial points. Please realize that I have my own opinions on each subject. Some of the following points I will agree with, some I do not, so please do not look at the following as my depiction and hopes for Halo 4. I simply want to hear the communities opinions.

1. Do you think Halo 4 should have iron sights?

2. Should the bloom system be tweaked, or should a brand new system be implemented instead.

3. Should the BR return, and DMR be removed, or should they both coexist.

4. Should there be a utility weapon in Halo 4. ( BR= Halo 3)

5. Should the ranking system be like Reach, or more competitive.

6. Should armor abilities return, if so, how? If not, what should replace them?

7. Should other races such as brutes be playable in online multiplayer? And should elites be playable in standard modes again?

8. Should dualwielding return?

9. Do you think a competitive, no gimmick, playlist should be available day 1?

10. Should assassinations return? If so, then should they be expanded?

11. How do you think Forge should be incorporated in to matchmaking?

12. If you had to choose 2 maps to be remade for Halo 4, what would they be? No more than two…i know its tough.

13. Should more grenade types be added? Should the grenade cap change?

14. Should sprint be added as a standard function? ( non armor ability)

15. Does a class based system belong in Halo? Would you like it in Halo 4?

16. Should another melee weapon be added?

17. What should the Halo 4 magnum be like?

18. Should the movement speed/ jump height be more akin to Halo 3?

19. Should multiplayer maps be from campaign or original? If original, should they still have something to do with campaign, or can they be anything?

20. What should the melee system be like?

Those are 20 questions i have for the community. Answer them all if you want, or just the ones you feel inclined to. Thanks, I look forward to reading your replies.

> Hey everybody. i have compiled a list of questions for Halo fans concerning some controversial points. Please realize that I have my own opinions on each subject. Some of the following points I will agree with, some I do not, so please do not look at the following as my depiction and hopes for Halo 4. I simply want to hear the communities opinions.
>
>
> 1. Do you think Halo 4 should have iron sights?
>
> 2. Should the bloom system be tweaked, or should a brand new system be implemented instead.
>
> 3. Should the BR return, and DMR be removed, or should they both coexist.
>
> 4. Should there be a utility weapon in Halo 4. ( BR= Halo 3)
>
> 5. Should the ranking system be like Reach, or more competitive.
>
> 6. Should armor abilities return, if so, how? If not, what should replace them?
>
> 7. Should other races such as brutes be playable in online multiplayer? And should elites be playable in standard modes again?
>
> 8. Should dualwielding return?
>
> 9. Do you think a competitive, no gimmick, playlist should be available day 1?
>
> 10. Should assassinations return? If so, then should they be expanded?
>
> 11. How do you think Forge should be incorporated in to matchmaking?
>
> 12. If you had to choose 2 maps to be remade for Halo 4, what would they be? No more than two…i know its tough.
>
> 13. Should more grenade types be added? Should the grenade cap change?
>
> 14. Should sprint be added as a standard function? ( non armor ability)
>
> 15. Does a class based system belong in Halo? Would you like it in Halo 4?
>
> 16. Should another melee weapon be added?
>
> 17. What should the Halo 4 magnum be like?
>
> 18. Should the movement speed/ jump height be more akin to Halo 3?
>
> 19. Should multiplayer maps be from campaign or original? If original, should they still have something to do with campaign, or can they be anything?
>
> 20. What should the melee system be like?
>
>
>
>
> Those are 20 questions i have for the community. Answer them all if you want, or just the ones you feel inclined to. Thanks, I look forward to reading your replies.

1. Hell no.
  2. It should have the aiming system of CE, 2 and 3.
  3. The BR should return, or any other 3-shot burst weapon.
  4. …What kind of question is this? Of course there should.
  5. It should be skill based like in Halo 2 and 3.
  6. NO, they should make up something better which also fits competitive play.
  7. Yeah if they find a way to give that race the same shield system as a spartan/elite.
  8. I think that yes it should.
  9. I hope, otherwise why bother pre-ordering the game.
  10. Yes, but with a on/off toggle option.
  11. ?
  12. The Pit from Halo 3 and Midship from Halo 2.
    13 .Yeah.
  13. NO, I want a Halo game.
  14. NOTHING FORM OTHER GAMES.
  15. Sure.
  16. Like the one from CE (not joking).
  17. No, more like CE and 2 instead, with no stupid moving acceleration.
  18. Original, like Guardian, Beaver Creek and Midship.
  19. Like the patched Halo 3 system were the person with the most health would always win a simultaneous melee fight against another player.

> Hey everybody. i have compiled a list of questions for Halo fans concerning some controversial points. Please realize that I have my own opinions on each subject. Some of the following points I will agree with, some I do not, so please do not look at the following as my depiction and hopes for Halo 4. I simply want to hear the communities opinions.
>
>
>
> 2. Should the bloom system be tweaked, or should a brand new system be implemented instead.
>
>
>
>
> 6. Should armor abilities return, if so, how? If not, what should replace them?
>
> 7. Should other races such as brutes be playable in online multiplayer? And should elites be playable in standard modes again?
>
>
> 9. Do you think a competitive, no gimmick, playlist should be available day 1?
>
>
>
> 12. If you had to choose 2 maps to be remade for Halo 4, what would they be? No more than two…i know its tough.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> 19. Should multiplayer maps be from campaign or original? If original, should they still have something to do with campaign, or can they be anything?
>
>
>
>
>
> Those are 20 questions i have for the community. Answer them all if you want, or just the ones you feel inclined to. Thanks, I look forward to reading your replies.

1. Only if it’s optional
  2. Remove bloom, there are other, much less random ways to accomplish what Bungie was attempting.
  3. Keep both but cap the RoF on the DMR so that it’s actually used as the name implies: Designated Marksman Rifle. It should NOT win at medium range, only at the very far end of medium/beginning of long-range.
  4. Yes but it doesn’t have to actually be the BR, just a similarly-ranged weapon with similar kill times.
  5. Separate it into social and ranked, there’s no need for either side to lose out. Just have more incentive for players to at least try ranked every once in a while… ie. credit payouts for skill at the end of month, ranks shown globally, etc.
  6. If they want to then go ahead as long as they are kept to the appropriate playlists (ie. action sack) As it is, default Reach is so similar to action sack that it’s almost entirely redundant.
  7. Sure but only in non-ranked playlists.
  8. Sure
  9. Yes but 343 needs to respond to problems/issues immediately. No -Yoink- around for a month, just fix them as soon as they’re known… and listen to the competitive players because they will tell you exactly how to fix them.
  10. Yes but make them optional. And by that, I don’t mean “press button longer,” I mean you should be able to disable your player from using them all-together from the menu.
  11. Idk what you mean
  12. Valhalla &… idk, Construct (but with some kind of ruins type theme, not ugly forge pallet)
  13. Sure more can be added but I think 2 per type is fine… and if there are more than 3 nade types, have a “total grenade” cap of like 6.
  14. Just increase default speed and it won’t be necessary… I’m not exactly opposed to it though so idk.
  15. Only in screw-around gametypes like Action Sack and customs… maybe custom weapon loadouts like DMR/Pistol or BR/pistol would be ok but other than that, no. They are nearly impossible to balance and balance is what Halo has always been about.
  16. Yeah, new games need new content… as long as they keep the total number on maps to less than 2 or possibly 3 if they have a mauler-type weapon.
  17. Have two separate ones: one called “Pistol” like H2, which shoots fast but takes like 7 hits & has a long clip… and another which has a slow RoF with a small clip and only 4-5 or so shots (depending on reticle size and RoF).
  18. Yes but I would go even a bit quicker than H3… make it like MLG speed at 110% default H3.
  19. All types. There should be an enormous amount of maps, none of this “DLC in 1 month” or “forge world counts as 1000 maps” BS.
  20. Like Reach but increased to 3 hits or 2 hits and 1 shot.
  1. NO
  2. No bloom.
  3. It depends based on the lore
  4. Not sure what that means
  5. A mix of both
  6. Maybe, but in pick-up form
  7. Once again, we really have no idea where 343i will take the lore, so it’s hard to say
  8. Yes
  9. That’s what Halo is, isn’t it?
  10. Yes, but implemented differently
  11. If there are more terrain options and different landscapes, then yes. Having a limitless supply of maps is always fun.
  12. Gaurdian, Heretic
  13. 4 grenades might actually work if they’re balanced right. Definitely yes on more types.
  14. No. Higher movement speed. Sprint changes the basic gameplay too much.
  15. Nope.
  16. Since we might lose the sword, we need another good melee weapon.
  17. Like Halo 3, just a TAD bit more powerful.
  18. Absolutely
  19. Playing maps from the Halo 3 campaign was annoying, but Halo Reach took it to the next level with multiplayer maps in the campaign. I personally hated it and thought it felt very forced.
  20. Bleed-through, melee only really effective when shields are ~50% down (more akin to Halo 2).

If anyone feels the same way about Halo remaining Halo, and not diluting the competitive aspect of the game just because some kids think it’s too “hard”, or “not fair”. Thoughts?

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

1. nope
  2. 85% bloom
  3. No dmr/br, new forerunner/human precision weapon with bloom.
  4. no utility
  5. Ranking system needs to be like 1-50 or arena in every playlists. Social playlists should not track stats
  6. AA should be pick ups, like they should have been in reach
  7. online races: forerunner, human, brute, elite
  8. dual is fine, i dont mind
  9. I can tell these questions are made with an agenda. gimmick is in the eye of the beholder.
  10. Of course more assassinations.
  11. Forge maps, same as 3 and reach. Community maps in reach were good, in 3 they kinda sucked.
  12. Remakes = bloodgultch (must have), swordbase (boardwalk or midship would be cool too)
  13. emp/cryo nade, + flame nades, brute nades, stickies, and frags.
  14. sprint needs to stay default AA, so when AA are pick ups you drop your sprint for evade/jetpack
  15. Stop making a big deal about class based. It only exists in invasion, in actual games the AA are the only “class based thing”, even though I dont think you should spawn with AA, its about as class based as halo wars is a halo game.
  16. Nope, sword shotty and hammer are fine, maybe a forerunner enhancement on the shotty or concussion.
  17. Like the halo 3 one, not a primary substitute, not a piece of crap like h2, but a good dual wieldable weapon than enhances play.
  18. h3 100% movement, or reach 110% movement
  19. Both campaign and original
  20. melee like HR TU, or h2

21. Like I said earlier, it seems like you have a bit of a biased agenda. (kill bloom, AA, and dmr)

1. Iron sights could be cool but the zoom system that has been in place is fine and is another little detail that gives Halo a unique feel.

2. I wont say game affecting mechanics should stay the same all the time from game to game, thats ignorant. however I am fine with bloom as it is and as long as it dosen’t dissapear as a whole I think what 343 decides to do is fine.

3. BR should stay gone forever, or work the same as the DMR (more than 4 shots, not super accurate and dosen’t destroy all other weapons in sandbox). IMO we don’t need more than two of the same type of weapon as the BR/DMR to exist in any single Halo game at the same time. There would be no point.

4. define utility weapon. If you mean a go-to gun that fares better/well agianst all others than absoloutly not.

5. I feel a combo between the Reach system and the old (Halo 2 system preferably) be returned. Give the ranked games their own seperate competative section that dose not show in other non ranked areas and have it reset every so often. Like every three months or so.

6. 343 said that they would make the AAs return. However it is my opinion that they are a beneficial game mechanic and should stay. They can be altered and replaced but not taken out.

7. It depends. I feel that if Other races return as they have in Reach than Brutes should be mixed in with Elite gametypes. It just depends on how they balance the races in future games.

8. Though it’d be complicated I feel that Dual weilding should return as an AA. W/ the original weapon limitations as before.

9. As long as it is works AND is kept seperate from non ranked/competative game modes sure.

10. I think they should return and be expanded, though not to the point is changes multiplayer.

11. Map making contests where top maps are put into MM? maybe a (controlled) gametype where you choose to be human or monitor upon spawn and the monitor has certain limitations to make them accessible to attack/distrupt.

12. Citadel and Orbital. I mean there are better maps but Citadel is a GREAT Slayer map and I like Orbital for many gametypes.

13. I think that you should have a total max of 3-4 grenades if they bring back the Spiker and Flamebomb.

14. No. Evade should be tweaked though so It is not better than Sprint and can be incorporated into normal MM like Sprint.

15. It depends. If you look at the story I think Halo has been long wanting a class system in MM. However I feel that other than AA choices it can get too messy if certain classes are blatantly superior. It’d be a neat Idea to have a more class based gametype added but not make the entire game a class based one.

16. Not really. I mean it’d be cool if you could just have your fists out if you run out of ammo but I don’t think a new melee weapon is needed.

17. I think they got it right in Reach. Now obviously I’m fine if this dosen’t happen but if it were to have better range/accuracy I think it would be a nice replacement for the BR/DMR since thats what the Magnum basically was originally anyway.

18. I don’t think its necessary. maybe but I don;t see why since we have things like Sprint, evade, AL and even JetPack available to make up for speed/movement reduction.

19. I think what they did before Reach with map design was fine. Original Maps based off of areas in campaign/the story.

20. I feel that it should be a 2 and a half melees to kill. first hit takes out half sheilds, second takes out the rest and the third hit is a sure kill. Now if bleed through (for melee only) was returned this could be a nice system w/ variables for possibility.

1. I have never came up a single way how iron sights could benefit Halo. They would only slow down gameplay or have very small effect. If the weapon needs to have a higher accuracy, it can jsut have a scope.

2. Even when bloom is a very good system on paper, it’s too hard to get working correctly. Thereby I would much willingly take Halo 4 without bloom as Halo has always been. Bloom simply has too big of a chance to fail.

3. I have concluded that a hitscan BR is the best weapon Halo can have. The spread is a great way to adjust it’s effective distance and outside of it’s effective distance it can still be used to throw off sniper’s aim. I’d be happy if it came back in Halo 4.

4. Referring to my prior answer, yes.

5. I personally never liked the seasonal system. This is simply because I don’t like losing something I have worked for. I’d prefer a ranking system similar to Halo 2, but that’s just my opinion.

6. Unless there is a very good replacement for armor abilities that only works on the side and has no big impact on the flow of the game, then I have nothing against replacing them. Otherwise there should be nothing in their place. I’d rather take something like equipment that you need to pick up and is only one use.

7. It would make no sense to have Brutes or other species with the same abilities as Spartans. Buty with different traits, if I leave aside my hate towards Brutes and look at it objectively, I wouldn’t mind seeing them in a gametype like Invasion. But if they would have different traits to Spartans, players shouldn’t be able to paly with them in normal matchmaking, only in gametypes that allow them. Same applies to Elites. Elites could of course be playable in every gametype if they had same traits as Spartans, but I’d rather not have Halo 3 all over again where Elite hitboxes were off.

8. I have nothing against dual wielding. This far I have only seen it as a redudant game mechanic.

9. Of course I do. In fact, a whole set of competitive, non-gimmicky playlists should be available from day one. And majority of playlists should at least be non-gimmicky.

10. I have no problem with assasinations as long as they are toggleable. I hate getting stuck for two seconds by accident and then getting killed by a grenade. On top of that the system shouldn’t be as sensitive.

11. I don’t think I understand this question, so I’ll just leave it there.

12. I personally like Zanzibar/Last Resort. It’s a very diverse map. But I would like maps that best suit the gameplay style of Halo 4. I hope that it plays relatively closely to Halo 2 and 3, that’s why the maps should be from those games. That said, I personally don’t want another Blood Gulch remake.

13. I don’t want more grenade types unless they have a real purpose and make sense. Two grenades each is the perfect amount, that should change nowhere.

14. Sprint doesn’t work well with Halo. It has lots of cons. Better idea would just be to increase the default movement speed to the level of Halo 2. This would have all the positive effects of sprint without negative.

15. Halo should keep it’s formula where everyone starts on equal ground. Classes definitely don’t belong in Halo, although again I wouldn’t mind them in a gametype similar to invasion.

16. We already have two melee weapons, third won’t be needed. I still have nothing against a replacement with similar functions.

17. Halo 4 Magnum should give you the ability to defend yourself even from certain range. It should be a four shot kill with slightly slower firing rate than what we have in Reach.

18. The movement should be more like what it was in Halo 2. It definitely shouldn’t be anything like Reach, movement needs to feel smooth and flow well. Trick jumping should be as big part of movement in Halo 4 as it was in Halo 2 and 3, preferably even bigger.

19. Multiplayer maps should be original. I want to see very different enviroments in multiplayer than in campaign. None of the multiplayer loactions should be exactly same as camapaign, but theu could have same enviroments.

20. Melee needs to be bleed through with nearly non-existant lunge.

Absolutely not

1. Should the bloom system be tweaked, or should a brand new system be implemented instead.

I think bloom concept was a good one, but theres no way in hell that 343 are now going to reimplement it after all these rage kids raged.

1. Should the BR return, and DMR be removed, or should they both coexist. ]

i think a forefunner weapon should try to fill this niche for originality. failing that, just bring back the br i guess.

1. Should there be a utility weapon in Halo 4. ( BR= Halo 3)

there should never be a weapon that works in all cases.

1. Should the ranking system be like Reach, or more competitive.

I liked halo 3’s ranking system, but then again, I also enjoy the one in gears of war (which in theory is similar to reaches)

1. Should armor abilities return, if so, how? If not, what should replace them?

Sprint should be in here somehow.

1. Should other races such as brutes be playable in online multiplayer? And should elites be playable in standard modes again?

Elites YES. Brutes NO.

1. Should dualwielding return?

Yes.

1. Do you think a competitive, no gimmick, playlist should be available day 1?

you mean a ranked playlist? like theyve shiped with halo 3 and reach?

1. Should assassinations return? If so, then should they be expanded?

assassinations were awesome. yes.

1. How do you think Forge should be incorporated in to matchmaking?

Few and far between if its going to be just one colour (orange/grey)

1. If you had to choose 2 maps to be remade for Halo 4, what would they be? No more than two…i know its tough.

Powerhouse
The Pitt

1. Should more grenade types be added? Should the grenade cap change?

there will probably be a forerunner grenade. but thats it.

1. Should sprint be added as a standard function? ( non armor ability)

perhaps. but i cant see that working with chiefs design language. im not sure.

1. Does a class based system belong in Halo? Would you like it in Halo 4?

NO

1. Should another melee weapon be added?

Brute hammer replace with forerunner equvilant and the sword is based on forerunner tech anyway right?

1. What should the Halo 4 magnum be like?

halo 2.

1. Should the movement speed/ jump height be more akin to Halo 3?

Im thinking so yes

1. Should multiplayer maps be from campaign or original? If original, should they still have something to do with campaign, or can they be anything?

Original. While bungie did make the maps first, it doesnt feel new, different, or a fun environment space when reused.

1. What should the melee system be like?

halo 3

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

1. Um, nope. Binoculars are a staple of Halo, keep those.
  2. Nah, leave Bloom in Reach. I like it, but it’s a Reach thing.
  3. I’d be fine with that if the DMR is tweaked more for sniping and the BR more for battle.
  4. In a world of niche weapons, a “does-it-all” weapon is extremely overpowering. So no.
  5. Arena and 1-50 both have problems, but I’d take Arena over 1-50.
  6. Not in mainstream Matchmaking (have equipment in their place), but put 'em in Customs.
  7. It depends what new humanoids are in Halo 4.
  8. No, dual wielding forces weapon sandbox tweaks that wreck half of the guns.
  9. If the vanilla game is fair, then any playlist can be competitive.
  10. They’re more for fun than anything, I don’t see why not.
  11. Popular community maps and possible community playlists.
  12. Sandtrap and Valhalla.
  13. I want to see some sort of incendiary grenade that does damage over time.
  14. Nope, I’ll just take quick movement speed.
  15. Class-based gameplay in Halo is a fish out of water. It wouldn’t work.
  16. We already have one for each race, we don’t need another.
  17. Reach seemed to get it right with the “faster-firing but less accurate DMR” idea.
  18. YES! IF NOTHING ELSE, DO THIS!
  19. Have unique map layouts but occasionally borrowing setpieces and settings from Campaign.
  20. Post-TU Halo 3.
  1. no
  2. no bloom
  3. neither
  4. yes, one that’s actually poweful
  5. 1-50 works, anything’s better than reach’s though
  6. absolutely not
  7. don’t care
  8. no
  9. the game itself should be competitive and no gimmick. crap like zombies or action sack can be the exception.
  10. no
  11. decent maps should be picked
  12. Rat Race and Danger Canyon
  13. 4 grenades (3 at the least), just frags and plasmas. no need to muddy things up.
  14. no
  15. lol no
  16. ?
  17. halo 4’s utility weapon should resemble the CE pistol. if halo 4’s magnum falls into that role, so be it.
  18. halo 3’s core movement was a little too slow, jumping was fine though.
  19. original, with human environments and settings completely eliminated.
  20. weakened. make melees the last resort they should be. 4 hits, at minimum, to kill a full health opponent.

>
> Absolutely not
>
>
> You put bloom in Halo, and I quit Halo, got it?.
> 3. Should the BR return, and DMR be removed, or should they both coexist. ]
> Yes, or like another user sayed, any 3-shot busrt weapon.
> Halo has always had a weapon like that, so yeah why not?.
> I liked halo 3’s ranking system more than Reach’s.
> No AAs, not even sprint.
>
> Elites YES. Brutes NO.
> Yes.
>
> you mean a ranked playlistS? like theyve shiped with halo 3?
> assassinations were awesome. yes.
> Few and far between if its going to be just one colour (orange/grey)
> WATERWORKS <3
> The Pitt
>
> there will probably be a forerunner grenade. but thats it.
> No.
> NO
> Brute hammer replace with forerunner equvilant and the sword is based on forerunner tech anyway right?
> halo 2.
> That + no moving acceleration, nuff said
> Original. While bungie did make the maps first, it doesnt feel new, different, or a fun environment space when reused.
> halo 3
[/quote]
Sorry for beeing lazy…

1: It would be a cool feature. It could work like how Call of Duty, and Battlefiled, and others have it. When you hold in the left trigger you look down the sights/scope. When you releases it you go back to aiming from the hip.

2: Get rid of bloom, and a system. In game-play the spartan can flip a 66 ton tank. I’m sure they can control the recoil.

3: Have both weapons, along with a new one. It’s limited that when a new weapon gets put into the game. It replaces the old one.

4: No force the player to use different weapons. It gets boring using the same weapon all the time.

5: Have it more competitive. So it makes you feel like you accomplished something when you rank up.

6: No: Bring back equipment.

7: Yes: It’s gets boring playing as the same 2 races over, and over again. Have elites playable in all gamemodes.

8: Yes: We do have 2 hands after all.

9: Sure

10: Make the assassination be like in Gears 3. You have to unlock them. And each weapon has it’s own unique assassination.

11: Under each playlist game type have something that says “Community Maps”. They would be all forge maps.

12: Containment, and Blood Gulch.
Keep their names to. Don’t rename them.

13: Have a verity.
That’s say I can hold 8 grenades. And there are 4 types. So I can have as many of each type of grenade I want to carry. As long as I don’t go over the limit of 8.

14: Yes. It’s something that everybody can do. It’s dumb that we need to have an armor ability to do it.

15: For some game-types have a class based system. Bot for the most have every body start out with the same stuff, and what not.

16: Yes: We are fighting new enemies so they would be using new weapons.

17: Powerful. It was powerful in Halo: CE. It would be dumb to downgrade it.

18: Yes: Halo 4 dose take that after Halo 3 after all. And we are playing as the same character to.

19: No: Keep Campaign maps in campaign. That’s one of the things ruined Reach for me.
For some maps do what Bungie did for Rats Nest. IT was made to look like Crow’s Nest. But it’s not and exact copy of it.

20: When I melee you. It should stun you for a second, and a half. It would also stun me to for about the same amount of time. Depending on what weapon I melee you with. Each weapon should do different melee damage.

NO

2. Should the bloom system be tweaked, or should a brand new system be implemented instead.
    Neither. It should be like halo 2, hitscan and a static reticle.

3. Should the BR return, and DMR be removed, or should they both coexist.
    BR should return, DMR shouldn’t even be considered to make a return.

4. Should there be a utility weapon in Halo 4.
    Of course.

5. Should the ranking system be like Reach, or more competitive. It should be like the halo 2 ranking system.

6. Should armor abilities return, if so, how? If not, what should replace them?
    No. Nothing should replace them.

7. Should other races such as brutes be playable in online multiplayer? And should elites be playable in standard modes again? No.

8. Should dualwielding return?
    Yes.

9. Do you think a competitive, no gimmick, playlist should be available day 1?
    Of course.

10. Should assassinations return? If so, then should they be expanded?
    No.

11. How do you think Forge should be incorporated in to matchmaking?
    wut

12. If you had to choose 2 maps to be remade for Halo 4, what would they be? No more than two…i know its tough.
    Midship and Turf.

13. Should more grenade types be added? Should the grenade cap change?
    No. Cap should be two of each grenade.

14. Should sprint be added as a standard function? ( non armor ability)
    NO

15. Does a class based system belong in Halo? Would you like it in Halo 4?
    NO

16. Should another melee weapon be added?
    No.

17. What should the Halo 4 magnum be like?
    It should be like the halo 2 magnum.

18. Should the movement speed/ jump height be more akin to Halo 3?
    No, Halo 2.

19. Should multiplayer maps be from campaign or original? If original, should they still have something to do with campaign, or can they be anything?
    Original, they should have nothing to do with the campaign at all.

20. What should the melee system be like?
    The same as the halo 2 melee system.

> Maybe as an aesthetic thing for zooming in with a scoped weapon, but preferably not.
>
> I think there should be no bloom at all. Take it back to the original trilogy’s system.
>
> 3. Should the BR return, and DMR be removed, or should they both coexist. I’d like to see them both, even if they operate similarly. Throw in as many guns as possible; they don’t all have to be on the same maps, after all.
>
> I say why not. I’m not against a “do-everything” weapon.
>
> A combination of Reach and Halo 2. I military rank to show how long you’ve played, and a number beside that to show your skill with the game.
>
> Armor abilities should not return, and I’m not exactly sure how to replace them. Maybe some new gameplay mechanics that add mobility to our Spartan, like vaulting, sprinting, ledge grabbing, etc.
>
> The more options, the better right?
>
>
>
> If it means something, sure. I don’t care for it too much, but if it does come back I don’t want to have to duel wield a weapon to make it as effective as a normal weapon. 9. Do you think a competitive, no gimmick, playlist should be available day 1?
> I don’t see why not. It will keep those people out of the playlists that I play.
>
> They should definitely make a return. I love them, and they’re optional, so nobody should hate them. I’ve never had an “accidental assassination” so people just need to be more careful.
>
> A little bit, but not as much as it is now. We have more Forge World maps in matchmaking than actual maps.
>
>
> Hm… I’ll pick some that haven’t been remade yet: Backwash and Terminal.
>
> I think so. I’d like to see frags, plasmas, and the addition of flashbangs and smoke grenades. We should be able to carry 2 or each.
>
> I believe so. Sprint doesn’t cause any problems, except for double melee, which is a result of shield bleedthrough, not sprint. Sprint is one of my favorite features. Even games like Skyrim and Zelda have sprint, so why not?
>
> No. I’d prefer everyone be on a fair playing field.
>
> Why not? I’d like to see a human machete.
>
> I like Reach’s magnum, actually. No bloom, slow the fire rate a bit, 4sk, and 2x scope.
>
> Yes. I don’t mind movement speed as much, but jump height should be up. I want to feel mobile, like a Spartan.
>
> Original. I don’t care what they are, I don’t even care if they take place on the sun. Multiplayer isn’t canon, so let us see the universe.
>
> Melee bleedthrough with a 3 melee kill. Melees should be an accessory, not something you can use to get a kill on its own.

What’s in bold are my replies.

1. Maybe just for looks, if it affects gameplay then no (none of that stupid CoD/BF wabbling scope crap)
  2. Tweaked, somewhere along the lines of 85%
  3. If H4 has a good net code and dedicated servers I wouldn’t mind.
  4. No
  5. Meh, that’s tough. Maybe some kind of hybrid of Reach and H3.
  6. Yes, but they should either be pick ups or have to be recharged like health.
  7. No, elites are played out. I wouldn’t mind a new foe though.
  8. Only if it’s tweaked. Make it so it jolts up when you shoot and maybe.
  9. Why not
  10. Yes, but they should be quicker and should stay in 1st person.
  11. I really don’t know. Forge needs a good upgrade from Reach thats for sure.
  12. Colossus & Relic
  13. Nah
  14. hmm, at the moment I’ll have to say no.
  15. idk
  16. no
  17. like Reach, but with a bigger clip and with a bit more accuracy
  18. In between Reach and H3
  19. No, this blocked out creativity with themes.
  20. 3 Melee kill

> 21. Like I said earlier, it seems like you have a bit of a biased agenda. (kill bloom, AA, and dmr)

This too.

1. No. It makes no sense except for weapons even with sights on them, and even then it only makes partial sense.

2. A new system. Bloom had a good objective, just a bad design. I’m thinking something more like Halo 3 with a cap on RoF for semi-auto weapons, and spread over distance so the weapon can’t be used outside of intended range for every weapon. They would have to find the perfect spot to place the cap otherwise they will either kill too fast or kill too slow than what should be best for that certain weapon. Of course this may not be the best system out there, but if done right it mainly works.

3. It depends. If the DMR comes coupled with bloom then only the BR. Otherwise, if both have the system I mentioned above implemented then it might be cool to see them both, but as it stands now they are fairly similar weapons so some tweaking might need to be done.

4. I think there should be. Not necessarily something as powerful as the BR was at times though.

5. It should be more like Halo 3

6. No, definitely not. If something must replace them I’d like to see something similar to equipment. They were one time use and controlled as power weapons, therefore being more balanced and better working with the halo gameplay than AA’s. In all honesty though, so long as it’s a new idea that works with the gameplay rather than against it, I’d be fine with it.

7. Elites should, though I don’t really see any point to Brutes as they would likely play similar to Elites. Possibly forerunners too?

8. Yes.

9. Entirely. If we want to play the most recent halo, at least give us options rather than forcing us to play only with something we might hate.

10. I think they should return. It was a cool way to get revenge or show someone who was oblivious that they shouldn’t be. It might be cool to see them expanded on too.

11. Have special playlists for it. Infection and Invasion (should it return) should also have some thrown in the mix, and 343 should monitor which we like and don’t like so they can take out the bad ones.

12. I’d have to say Sandtrap and Containment

13. I think 3 of each types of grenades would be a nice idea unless it causes too much spamming, which it likely will, so just cap frags at 1 or 2. I also miss the spike grenade and flame grenade. Adding on or replacing them would be cool, but nothing too over the top.

14. I guess I wouldn’t necessarily mind it too much so long as there was a cool down of around 2 seconds after sprinting before you could use your weapon or melee.

15. No. The idea of encouraging teamwork is a good idea, but doing so by destroying the idea of starting off equal and encouraging lone-wolf style gameplay by adding AA’s doesn’t exactly help anything.

16. I think we are good with the energy sword unless forerunner items are added to the mix and they have their own melee weapons(s) to add to the mix.

17. I personally would like to see something between the Halo 3 and Reach magnum as far as damage, and the ability to scope should return. However, this could cause problems when dual wielding two magnums so I’m not entirely sure. Maybe they could tone the damage down and make the scope unusable when dual wielding them with another pistol or another weapons all together.

18. Jump height? Yes. Player speed? I think it should be upped a tiny bit whether sprint becomes a default feature or not.

19. They should be original. I wouldn’t mind if they looked like they were from a nearby area to something in the campaign, but an original map made for matchmaking will always trump maps made for campaign, along with them also being able to be diverse in theme (snow, covenant, human, jungle, etc.)

20. It should be like the Halo 3 way. The Reach way makes no sense to me because one melee=however many shots it takes from your gun to pop the shields, effectively making shooting in CQ at all a pointless idea unless you have a power weapon.

1. No

2. Should return to how H2 was.

3. Depends. But I want the hitscan BR back.

4. Most definitely

5. Halo 2 ranking system trumped all. But I wouldn’t mind a 1-50 in the form of Halo 3’s trueskill (which would be more likely anyway, MS won’t abandon it’s own ranking system)

6. AA’s shouldn’t return and they don’t need to be replaced. Halo: CE and Halo 2 did fine without a gimmicky AA or equipment button. Keep the gameplay quick, clever, yet simple. That’s why H:CE and H2 was so successful.

7. Depends on how it’s done, but I’m not too bothered by it.

8. Yes

9. Why not

10. Don’t care

11. Don’t care

12. Terminal, Relic

13. No, two grenades are fine. But I can see a third grenade being added.

14. No

15. No, unless in a form of Firefight

16. Don’t care as long as it isn’t overpowered

17. That depends on what the utility weapon will be like.

18. No, it should be more like H:CE or Halo 2, or a mixture of both. Halo 3 was sluggish in comparison.

19. As long as the maps are fun to play on I don’t care.

20. Like Halo 2. 3 Melee hits to kill, jumping melees are more powerful. Adds depth.

As this is a survey, these responses are just my personal opinion. One thing to note though i that the only reason why most people post on the forums is to complain for something. The other ?% of players who love Reach the way it is will not be reading this thread, and thus should be accounted for whatever this survey’s purpose is for. Amazingly, I’m one of the players who loves Reach the way it is, so i can be somewhat representative of the unspoken majority. (here because bored, and enjoy reading stupid people’s comments). So whatever:

1. No. I buy Halo to play Halo, not the over 9000 other knock-offs of Call of Duty (I still love COD though)

2. I’m happy the way bloom is currently is. Just the concept of bloom as a visible representation of bullet spread (that was already from Halo CE), and Bungie’s idea to develop gameplay based on this was genius to me. I can’t think of anything that is better than bloom, and I downright vote against the removal of bloom in its entirety in Halo 4 (it is a very good game mechanic to me in casual matches. Not too much in competitive), but if 343 can come up with something creative (other than lame -Yoink- recoil of the screen moving up, why not.

3. I would actually like to see them both; both of them have different uses and ranges [DMR is arguably longer ranged than BR; less ammo can compensate this]. But then again they are also too similar, and in the direction 343 is going, I don’t think so. Probably something like DMRs were a prototype weapon in Reach and were destroyed canonically.

4. I strongly vote against this. . for one prefer it when each weapon had different roles, and the choice of weapons decided on the outcome of a battle, rather than the BR/DMR > everything except Rockets/Sniper). But then again utility weapons have always been a part of Halo. So my guess is that there will be one.

5. Reach’s. Funnily, the Reach’s ranking system is a hot topic of debate; which is stupid because either way your matchmade games are based on a hidden trueskill value. It’s just you do not get to see it. I prefer not seeing it because in real life, ranks = experience, not skill. And experience =/= skill. So I like the idea of pwning / getting pwned by people of the same rank as me, it varies gameplay a bit for me. This is just IMO though.

6. I think it should return. Bungie did a pretty good job with it in Reach. I would like to be more like equipment in Halo 3 though, where teams should compete to actually get it like a power weapon, and not allowing full team armor locks, or full team jetpacks, or full team camo, which are VERY annoying and OP. So Equipment with repeated usage between waiting times.

7. I liked the way Reach handled it. Elites to be superior to spartans, and only in specific gametypes like invasion. And depending on how the canon goes, Brutes could be fun as well.

8. No. Dual wielding was cool and all, but was unnecessary and broke the golden tripod of Halo. Maybe only in campaign?

9. Yes, definitely. I don’t really care though as I enjoy casual as well as competitive gaming so I’m content to wait.

10. HELL YES. Don’t know how it could be expanded, except for having unique animations for each weapon, like Bungie did for only the Energy sword. [Like GOW3 executions HELL YEAH]. And making it the only way to instant kill an enemy (removing backsmack. Backsmacking removes the purpose of assassinations in competitive)

11. Since Halo 3, Forge was meant to be a gametype, where a monitor could spawn stuff for their team to combat the other team. This didn’t really plan out, so I would love to see this in matchmaking someday (along with monitor UI improvements. I’d like to bookmark stuff I spawn frequently)

12. The Pit and Guardian from Halo 3. Those were awesome Team Slayer maps!

13. Yes. I would like to have a simpler system where there would just have a cap of the total number of grenades (so a player could have like 4 frags, or 2 frags 2 plasmas max.) As plasmas are obviously superior to frags. But I don’t know how this could be streamlined so idk.

14. No. Sprint was never in Halo, and Halo still sold well. So no. As armor ability or equivalent yes. Or it could be gametype dependable.

15. No. I buy Halo to play Halo, not COD or battlefield. Reach’s loadouts was a cool twist, and it worked better than classes. So lets see how 343 does this.

16. I would appreciate it, but don’t really care either way.

17. A fast, accurate, headshot weapon with a 2x scope. Semi-automatic which fires as fast as I pull the trigger. Low ammo capacity (like 7 or 8). Basically the Halo 2 magnum with a scope, and a big damage buff. I would also maybe like a Halo CE tribute pistol as a power weapon in matchmaking which takes 2+1 shots to kill.

18. Yes.

19. The funny thing is, people here are stupid! Reach’s multiplayer maps were made first, then incorporated into the campaign as cameos with different environments. Not the other way around! Anyone who complains about this are stupid and have no idea what they are talking about. So yes, implement it the Reach way, where they incorporate them as cameos during the campaign. The other way around works too, but only after heavy testing (by hiring pro players! Bungie’s gameplay testing team were quite fail).

20. Reach’s. It basically made more sense gameplay wise. It was perfect barring sprinting double melee / sword / hammer jerks (myself included :P). So I say keep it, while finding some way to balance it. (See how enabling bleed through screwed up gameplay so badly - everything was so random, you never knew when a melee could kill someone or when it would not, and Bungie’s built in visual indications wasn’t planned for this. Also, three AR shots + melee / grenade= kill? Seriously WTF)