Halo 4 Multiplayer (Share your hate here!)

Ok let’s say when you boot up Halo 4’s multiplayer you are immediately placed in the character of Spartan 4 in his Quarters on the Infinity, a window shows a view into space. You can move him around and you notice several terminals. Each one shows something different: Stats, Armory, Loadout Customization, and a place to buy upgrades and such. Then you walk over to a door, your HUD then displays “enter holodeck simulation”. So you enter it, then your treated with a menu of simulations (playlists) to choose from. When you pick one you enter the holodeck with other Spartans and a game begins.

I have a feeling this might be the way Halo 4’s multiplayer is going from what I read in the Game Informer. This has been done in Bioshock 2 before. But would work better because the hub rooms can canonically look the same since its in the Infinity. Also since its a simulation you wouldn’t actually die in a match like in Bioshock 2.

So share your opinions (and hate, I know you came to hate) about this.

A spartan dressing room as it were, I like it

Please just give creative comments and (minimal) hate.

Stuff like this is fine with me.

Interesting…

Definitely not what I thought this thread was going to be about… I like it though…

Also there could be like a bulletin board for updates from 343.

As long as it has no to minimal effect on gameplay, I am ok with it (But with Jeff Steitzer voice memos of course)

> As long as it has no to minimal effect on gameplay, I am ok with it (But with Jeff Steitzer voice memos of course)

Agreed, I love Jeff Steitzer.

Hmm almost seems like a lego game type of deal… but it may very well work… In lego games you go to certain terminals at your “home” to select things. Doing the same here would be new and interesting, but we’ll see in 6-8 months

Cheneymania to be a medal in Halo 4.

> Hmm almost seems like a lego game type of deal… but it may very well work… In lego games you go to certain terminals at your “home” to select things. Doing the same here would be new and interesting, but we’ll see in 6-8 months

lol Legos.

> Cheneymania to be a medal in Halo 4.

lol

There could be some type of “story” that you progress through by leveling up. Like that thing in Bioshock 2, where you got a new cannon voice message from Andrew Ryan that eventually lead up to the events in Bioshock 1. This could be implemented with the monthly and weekly updates with Spartan Ops, that would keep players invested by means of story, not just armor or rank.

This will actually be pretty cool. Interactive menus are always fun.