Halo 4 multiplayer maps thought.

Wouldn’t it be cool to have a lot of maps from previous Halo games refurbished for Halo 4? There’s plenty of time to make all of them and it would be really awesome. More variety in MM as well, Reach’s maps get boring really fast so in the next game wouldn’t it be nice to have interesting classic maps to choose from? :slight_smile:

> Wouldn’t it be cool to have a lot of maps from previous Halo games refurbished for Halo 4? There’s plenty of time to make all of them and it would be really awesome. More variety in MM as well, Reach’s maps get boring really fast so in the next game wouldn’t it be nice to have interesting classic maps to choose from? :slight_smile:

lockout, midship, warlock, headlong

probably not lockout or midship cause they did that for h3 but i still want to see those 4

Even though i consider myself part of the “competitive” crowd, I would love to see Headlong return, as well as those, but we definitely do need some new cool maps, hopefully on the level of H2 :slight_smile:

> Wouldn’t it be cool to have a lot of maps from previous Halo games refurbished for Halo 4? There’s plenty of time to make all of them and it would be really awesome. More variety in MM as well, Reach’s maps get boring really fast so in the next game wouldn’t it be nice to have interesting classic maps to choose from? :slight_smile:

I guess they could remake a few fan favorites but you have to understand that remake of maps means less new maps. That’s the huge downside of it :x

No remakes.

> > Wouldn’t it be cool to have a lot of maps from previous Halo games refurbished for Halo 4? There’s plenty of time to make all of them and it would be really awesome. More variety in MM as well, Reach’s maps get boring really fast so in the next game wouldn’t it be nice to have interesting classic maps to choose from? :slight_smile:
>
> I guess they could remake a few fan favorites but you have to understand that remake of maps means less new maps. That’s the huge downside of it :x

Yeah I guess so. Well, new maps sound good but I don’t feel very confident after the garbage maps in Reach.

> No remakes.

This.

Maybe in a map pack later on.

Forge World was a good idea, but i love how the maps were designed in Halo 2. even the DLC, they were all worth the money
Halo 4 should make maps like Halo 2

> Forge World was a good idea, but i love how the maps were designed in Halo 2. even the DLC, they were all worth the money
> Halo 4 should make maps like Halo 2

Forge World was absolutely horrible. I feel no relation to any of those dull maps whatsoever.

> > Forge World was a good idea, but i love how the maps were designed in Halo 2. even the DLC, they were all worth the money
> > Halo 4 should make maps like Halo 2
>
> Forge World was absolutely horrible. I feel no relation to any of those dull maps whatsoever.

are you kidding me? i have so much fun making these maps. only reason it didnt fit well was it was on Reach, and Reach was just awful.
if Halo 2 had Forge World it yould have been amazing…better yet if it was on Halo CE
do you have any creativeness?

> > > Forge World was a good idea, but i love how the maps were designed in Halo 2. even the DLC, they were all worth the money
> > > Halo 4 should make maps like Halo 2
> >
> > Forge World was absolutely horrible. I feel no relation to any of those dull maps whatsoever.
>
> are you kidding me? i have so much fun making these maps. only reason it didnt fit well was it was on Reach, and Reach was just awful.
> if Halo 2 had Forge World it yould have been amazing…better yet if it was on Halo CE
> do you have any creativeness?

I’m not talking about map creation, it’s about playing the mm forge world maps which most are awful.

I would love to see interactivity return to maps (for example, the teleporters on Relic, the Gates of Zanzibar).

I’m not sure how this would affect lag and frame rate but they were definitely pretty awesome.

Other than that, it’s all for nothing if the gameplay doesn’t go back to the good Halo formula that worked for 9 years. Reach’s gameplay makes most, if not, all maps unenjoyable, so i’m hoping the gameplay fixes will help make the game more enjoyable.

> Even though i consider myself part of the “competitive” crowd, I would love to see Headlong return, as well as those, but we definitely do need some new cool maps, hopefully on the level of H2 :slight_smile:

Yes, bring back Headlong! Perfect map for BTB 1 sided objective games, BTB Slayer, Team Snipers, and most of all custom games. Remember all the places you could go on that map, e.g. roofs? Headlong had something for everyone too. Had the best weapon spread for any Halo maps well, in my humble opinion.

I hope the same designers who brought us the Halo 2 maps return. And for Halo 4, please don’t make Firefight and Invasion maps.

> > Even though i consider myself part of the “competitive” crowd, I would love to see Headlong return, as well as those, but we definitely do need some new cool maps, hopefully on the level of H2 :slight_smile:
>
> Yes, bring back Headlong! Perfect map for BTB 1 sided objective games, BTB Slayer, Team Snipers, and most of all custom games. Remember all the places you could go on that map, e.g. roofs? Headlong had something for everyone too. Had the best weapon spread for any Halo maps well, in my humble opinion.
>
> I hope the same designers who brought us the Halo 2 maps return. And for Halo 4, please don’t make Firefight and Invasion maps.

Completely agree, yeah Certain Affinity, if they help with the Halo 4 maps… and I quote this from CA’s site:

"Max Hoberman, Certain Affinity’s founder, serves as President and Creative Director. A 10-year veteran of Bungie, he was the multiplayer, interface, and online lead for Halo 2 and Halo 3. "

So I hope they work in collaboration for the maps with CA like they did for their map pack! Then again, I have a lot of faith in 343 making maps to see what they got :slight_smile:

Thing is, Halo 4 would have to have MM similar to previous halo games to work. Just look at Reach. Different multiplayer and Hemorrhage just didn’t work with it, or at least wasn’t that fun.

Please NO recycled or remaked maps because it´s a new trilogy so they should include unique and good maps.

What about every multiplayer map from Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 remade, as well as 12 Halo 4 original maps?

If Halo 4 has Firefight, give us every single map from Halo 3: ODST, a few maps based on certain areas of the Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3 Campaigns, and about 10 Halo 4 originals!

What they really should do is release a remake fro every map pack they make. Preferably maps that weren’t previously remade, such as the Pit or Terminal.

I suppose they could ship the maps from older games in map packs, but since they still have a lot of time to make H4 they could just throw some old fan favorites into the mix, we do need a lot of good new maps too, but they better be worth not remaking older ones.

Hope they don’t use campaign areas as multiplayer maps. In theory it was a cool idea but it really didn’t work out that well…Swordbase cough