Halo 4 Multiplayer - made for hyperactives?

My first impression of Halo 4 Multiplayer is that with instant spawning and everyone permanent sprinting no tactical gaming is evolving. Everyone is just shooting each other like crazy, especially in Big Team. Even between the matches I cant look 5 seconds on my stats without throwing into another game. Even if the matchmaking system didnt’t find enough gamer the match starts. Thats ridicoulus. Is the multiplayer mode only for hyperactives?

Apart from that I love the campaign :slight_smile:

its slower than cod and not everyone who plays cod is hyperactive. is it faster paced than h3 or reach mind you? definately.

Real too fast for my tastes. It removes strategy.

Like you said, I like being able to analyse the stats for at least 10sec before getting thrown in another match.

Furthermore, leaving the lobby between matches gives you a DNF (Did not finish) mention to your theoretically next match. Which counts as a defeat in your Victory/Loss ratio.

Yes it is more fast paced than the other Halo games, however, it isn’t too fast that it removes strategy, in my opinion. Maps are designed to keep action on going, rather than the chance of not seeing someone for a long time which is great.

Also, as for game queues, that is fantastic. I love the new drop-in system, the game isn’t about winning or losing (unlike Halo 2/3, I prefer their ranking system but still) so people get into games quicker. And, it makes queues faster as you keep the party which is especially good in Big Team Slayer. Also, if you want to check your stuff, back out.

It often feels like senseless action. I get the same feeling I get from CoD. One kill is the same as another. No real memorable moments. Great @ its core. But some options need to be tweaked for this games MM to hold my interest. It’s just far too simple for my taste.

I remember the person who got me into Halo left it for CoD and his reason was that halo is “too slow”. This was before Reach

> Also, if you want to check your stuff, back out.

If only that didn’t have any consequences.

Did you know that every time you back out from your lobby, the game registers that you quit? If you don’t believe me, look at your stats. It’s under DNF games, and it counts as a loss.

> > Also, if you want to check your stuff, back out.
>
> If only that didn’t have any consequences.
>
> Did you know that every time you back out from your lobby, the game registers that you quit? If you don’t believe me, look at your stats. It’s under DNF games, and it counts as a loss.

I liked that everyone was in the post game lobby for a mini recap of the action. The games in past titles felt more significant. Even if that feeling was a total fabrication I still prefer it. Halo4 feels like one continues match that lacks any and all personality.

So how does one switch playlists, or stop playing without getting a DNF? I just keep hitting the B button as fast as I can to get out before it starts searching…