Halo 4 Multiplayer Hands-On Impressions (NEW)

GAMEINFORMER

looks like c#@p to me

What’s the poll for? No question was asked.

Edit: I see it now.

they lost me at buying weapons

These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.

Don’t pay it much mind.

> These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.
>
> Don’t pay it much mind.

I really hope you are right. I do not like the idea at all that the Spartan 4’s are just ODST/Marines that have undertaken the Spartan Project. This is the failure point that caused Reach to suck hard. Because they were S3’s which lead to slower gameplay, movement, and the god-awful implementation of Armor Abilities.

However 343 has stated that the game is a lot faster with gunplay, movement, strafe, and jump height. Which are the fundamental faults of Reach(AA’s filled the void of them not being BA S2’s).

So hopefully my impression of these guys are accurate, and that they are just limited monkeys flinging the same crap around that we have been hearing. I do not hold anything they have said as fact, so I hope this S4 nonsense is false.

… The spartan IVs are not kidnapped soldier children.

Fairly sure this was posted earlier. Either way.

The video sucked. Halo information was alright.

But the whole thing with the three guys was crap.

those guys should have rehearsed more. that was the worst video Ive ever seen

> These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.
>
> Don’t pay it much mind.

They are! The one on the left cant sit still, driving me crazy. They should rename it Game MisInformer.

> looks like c#@p to me

Why you still here then?

They talk about the Spartan 4 program in the Halo: Glasslands novel. It is said that they recruit people into the program instead of kidnapping children.

They mentioned that you’d play as clones of Master Chief in co-op. I was kinda hoping that you’d play as your own spartan IV from multiplayer, but whatever.

A lot of this sounds nice, but I don’t personally like the idea of buying weapons or joining games in progress, though the rest sounds okay.

> These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.
>
> Don’t pay it much mind.

GI didn’t get anything wrong. It’s not their fault people can’t read properly.

> > These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.
> >
> > Don’t pay it much mind.
>
> GI didn’t get anything wrong. It’s not their fault people can’t read properly.

So it isn’t their fault for us to lack psychic powers, instead of INFORMING us what exactly is going on in the multiplayer?

I’m sorry, but when they only use 1 sentence to not describe a feature, not tell us what weapons are “purchasable”, misleading words such as “Random power weapon spawns” when it is actually something else, it’s their fault.

The article was great for an insight into the Campaign and Spartan Ops. It was terrible for learning what exactly is going on in the multiplayer. If the devs had to actually clarify what they said in the article, it is painfully obvious that the article got alot of it wrong.

> > > These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.
> > >
> > > Don’t pay it much mind.
> >
> > GI didn’t get anything wrong. It’s not their fault people can’t read properly.
>
> So it isn’t their fault for us to lack psychic powers, instead of INFORMING us what exactly is going on in the multiplayer?
>
> I’m sorry, but when they only use 1 sentence to not describe a feature, not tell us what weapons are “purchasable”, misleading words such as “Random power weapon spawns” when it is actually something else, it’s their fault.
>
> The article was great for an insight into the Campaign and Spartan Ops. It was terrible for learning what exactly is going on in the multiplayer. If the devs had to actually clarify what they said in the article, it is painfully obvious that the article got alot of it wrong.

The fact that power weapons appear on the map via weapon drops and using an ounce of common sense rules out PWs being purchasable. No where in the article did GI say “Random power weapon spawns” either. -Yoink-, kids. Use your brains.

> > > > These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.
> > > >
> > > > Don’t pay it much mind.
> > >
> > > GI didn’t get anything wrong. It’s not their fault people can’t read properly.
> >
> > So it isn’t their fault for us to lack psychic powers, instead of INFORMING us what exactly is going on in the multiplayer?
> >
> > I’m sorry, but when they only use 1 sentence to not describe a feature, not tell us what weapons are “purchasable”, misleading words such as “Random power weapon spawns” when it is actually something else, it’s their fault.
> >
> > The article was great for an insight into the Campaign and Spartan Ops. It was terrible for learning what exactly is going on in the multiplayer. If the devs had to actually clarify what they said in the article, it is painfully obvious that the article got alot of it wrong.
>
> The fact that power weapons appear on the map via weapon drops and using an ounce of common sense rules out PWs being purchasable. No where in the article did GI say “Random power weapon spawns” either. -Yoink!-, kids. Use your brains.

Pulls out Game Informer Article

Apparently, on page 49 of the Game Informer article, in the 8th paragraph, it says, and I will quote exactly how it says:

“Another new feature is weapon drops; Powerful items like Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers will show up at random points around the map, and players fight for the prize.”

If that isn’t the definition of random power weapon spawns, I’d like to see yours. With experience from Invasion Slayer, random can be very bad in terms of how the game can give unfair advantages.

> > > > > These are probably the same dolts that got everything wrong in the article. It’s just a recap of their mis-informed article.
> > > > >
> > > > > Don’t pay it much mind.
> > > >
> > > > GI didn’t get anything wrong. It’s not their fault people can’t read properly.
> > >
> > > So it isn’t their fault for us to lack psychic powers, instead of INFORMING us what exactly is going on in the multiplayer?
> > >
> > > I’m sorry, but when they only use 1 sentence to not describe a feature, not tell us what weapons are “purchasable”, misleading words such as “Random power weapon spawns” when it is actually something else, it’s their fault.
> > >
> > > The article was great for an insight into the Campaign and Spartan Ops. It was terrible for learning what exactly is going on in the multiplayer. If the devs had to actually clarify what they said in the article, it is painfully obvious that the article got alot of it wrong.
> >
> > The fact that power weapons appear on the map via weapon drops and using an ounce of common sense rules out PWs being purchasable. No where in the article did GI say “Random power weapon spawns” either. -Yoink!-, kids. Use your brains.
>
> Pulls out Game Informer Article
>
> Apparently, on page 49 of the Game Informer article, in the 8th paragraph, it says, and I will quote exactly how it says:
>
> “Another new feature is weapon drops; Powerful items like Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers will show up at random points around the map, and players fight for the prize.”
>
>
> If that isn’t the definition of random power weapon spawns, I’d like to see yours. With experience from Invasion Slayer, random can be very bad in terms of how the game can give unfair advantages.

Whether it’s bad or good is besides the point. They stated power weapons will show up at random points around the map (which hasn’t been debunked by 343), not that they’ll randomly spawn or randomly spawn at random points.

No matter how many times I read it, I can’t make it spin in my head that means anything BUT random show ups for PWs.

Frankie has since helped by stating that it’s not as random as it seems without context/explanation.

It is right and it is wrong, depending on your point of view.