Halo 4 Multiplayer boycott

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Didn’t recieve compensation? Tired of the flawed gameplay and shift to CoD/Battlefield style?

Then join us and boycott Halo 4 multiplayer, thus lowering the population to an all new low that will force 343 to give us compensation.
Suggestion from a Bungie.net user

> Posted by: Powershadows
> The way to go into a maximum win-win situation:
> 1. “Boycott” (stop playing) Halo 4.
> 2. Go back to Halo 3.
> 3. Get others to play Halo 3 instead of Halo 4.
> 4. The Halo 3 population will rise, the Halo 4 population will go down.
> 5. 343i looks at the H3 population and realises that it is still going after five years - and models Halo 5 after it.
>
> Halo 4 loses population, Halo 3 continues to live, and 343i incorporate more of Halo 3 into Halo 5.
> Seems like a good (albeit improbable) deal.

So after my sleep I decided to read the large number of posts that spawned. Here’s my answer:

Becuase me and plenty of other people see Halo 4 as a flawed and unpolished game with the fact we were cheated out by Microsoft.

If we populate Halo3 and not Halo4 then we can show 343i and MS which gameplay is more popular and the fact that they should fix the game from stupid glitches like phasing through the wall and using Instafire Spartan Laser in MM.

If you like Halo4 and don’t want to do this then it is your choice and your opinion.

Is this gonna work? It depends on the community. I decided that instead of making a complaint thread, I am actually going to do something.

Post what you think is flawed with Halo 4 if you boycott

I would love to see this fail. I love how 343i is taking risks, and not staying with the same old Halo story.

I would rather play Halo 4 than Halo 3. While I may have fond memories of Halo 3, I love Halo 4 and hope to have just as good memories.

I’m up for this but the Halo 3 servers are old and laggy at this point in time which makes Matchmaking pretty much unplayable.

But! I’ll definitely be up for some customs. :smiley:

I can’t wait to watch 10 people go back to halo 3 and cry because it means 10 less of you complaining on the halo 4 forums.

> I can’t wait to watch 10 people go back to halo 3 and cry because it means 10 less of you complaining on the halo 4 forums.

I’m trying to do something more than just rage on a forum. I’m trying to me and other’s voice heard.

> I’m up for this but the Halo 3 servers are old and laggy at this point in time which makes Matchmaking pretty much unplayable.
>
> But! I’ll definitely be up for some customs. :smiley:

Well its no different but whatever you want to do

You really think 5 people “Boycotting”
Halo 4 is gonna make a difference?

H4 is better than H3 … No contest

Are you aware just how pointless and childish this actually sounds?

Can’t say I agree with your methods, but good job on trying to find a way to solve the problem, and be productive about it.

This boycott likely won’t solve anything, and most of the waypoint community won’t agree with you, but there’s no harm in trying…

Good luck.

I’m pretty sure this boycott is going to fail harder than the Sega Saturn.

For those of you too young to remember… It was the console that challenged the original Playstation… And Sony crushed it like a little insect despite the fact Sega had a pretty strong following. It was far more DoA than the PS Vita.

> Can’t say I agree with your methods, but good job on trying to find a way to solve the problem, and be productive about it.
>
> This boycott likely won’t solve anything, and most of the waypoint community won’t agree with you, but there’s no harm in trying…
>
> Good luck.

Thanks

No need to boycott, the population is already steadily declining as it is.

Will it work? No. The majority of players aren’t even active on any forum. These people play for fun, are currently having fun, and aren’t going to stop playing just because a different part of the community isn’t happy with the way the game turned out.

You also mentioned lowering the population to an all new low will force 343 to give us compensation. Do you really believe that is true? I strongly doubt 343 is willing to pay people to play. That’s the polar opposite of the way the gaming industry works. Heck, Microsoft is too stingy to even give a few hundred MSP to players who paid for the last Map Pack. Unless you mean compensation in terms of better content… in which case you can ignore this paragraph.

It is what it is. Until it changes, you can either play it and try to enjoy it, or not play at all. You also don’t need an excuse to play Halo 3. If you like it so much, just go play! You have a 360 to enjoy yourself, not to force yourself to play games you dislike.

> H4 is better than H3 … No contest

Don’t even start

> H4 is better than H3 … No contest

Yeah, whatever!!!

I know this is going to resort with a temp ban or warning not to attack other players, but -Yoink- it - this guy deserves it.

OP, you’re a moron. No Halo game has been perfect right from the start and trying to suggest people boycott just makes you look immature and childish. 343’s taken a risk and taken on a huge responsibility that has resulted in a game that will always be in perpetual fix limbo. That’s just how games are these days. Games and consoles of this generation are way too complicated to be 100% tested and full-proof right from the go.

Go “populate Halo 3” and you’ll find yourself all alone. No one plays it anymore, and other attempts at repopulating the game failed just like it did when you whining, self-entitled brats decided to do the same thing when Halo Reach was released.

Face it, Halo will never be like Halo 2 or 3 ever again. The faster you accept it the sooner you can start to have fun and look past the problems and wait for the fixes to comes. That or go do something else with your life.

play some halo 3 if you want to. play some halo 4 if you want to. no one is going to care about what you do either way lol

> play some halo 3 if you want to. play some halo 4 if you want to. no one is going to care about what you do either way lol

Sums up my feelings on it

Seems like you got it right… don’t like it don’t play it.