Halo 4 MP memory storage Question.

Qoute from IGN:
“Microsoft has confirmed that Halo 4’s multiplayer needs either an 8GB flash drive or an Xbox 360 hard drive with sufficient space.”

So I have a hard drive but only 3.4 GB free on it. So does this mean I can’t play MP when Halo 4 comes out? They say hard drive with sufficient space. Define sufficient Microsoft, is 3.4 sufficient enough? I’m assuming not because they say specifically an <mark>8GB</mark> flashdrive or hard drive. But I hope that’s not the case, it would really be terrible if I couldn’t play MP as well as many others with this same problem.

Does anyone know if this is the case? Or could I actually play with just 3.4GB?

I’m pretty sure you will need 8Gb of space, whether that be hard drive or flash drive. Flash drives of that size are not expensive. I would go for a 16Gb to be safe though, as flash drives often have slightly less room than they say.

i heard that it only applies to Xbox live Gold players, not sure why but is most likely for spartan Ops DLC. Its not that big of a deal, Amozon sells flash drives that have tons of memory and they sell them pretty cheap. I heard that you can get 16GB for under $5 on there.I hope this helped!

> I’m pretty sure you will need 8Gb of space, whether that be hard drive or flash drive. Flash drives of that size are not expensive. I would go for a 16Gb to be safe though, as flash drives often have slightly less room than they say.

^ This, also the 8GB includes Spartan Ops.

No you would not be able to play MP. The game would probably prevent you from entering matchmaking with a message stating you don’t have the required storage space or a proper storage device.

Edit: Sorry. You might able to access MP, but Spartan OPs might not be available to you. Not sure if 343i will seperate the 2 so the HDD will recognize it. But if it’s lumped all into 1 thing. Meaning MP and Spartan OPs is all saved as 1 big MP file you might need to get another device.

The 8GB of space is likely for the Spartan Ops missions which Gold users will download from the Marketplace for all future seasons.

You will need 8GB on your HDD.

“Minimum 8GB USB Flash Drive or Xbox 360 Hard Drive required for Multiplayer. For optimal experience in Campaign mode, play with Xbox 360 Hard Drive. (For Xbox 360 4 GB, Arcade and Core consoles, Xbox 360 Hard Drive sold separately).”

You can buy HDD’s cheap on amazon and other online websites. I’m sure you’ll find one cheap. If you have the original Xbox console, get a 120GB one and if you have the Xbox S, get a 250GB or 320GB HDD. :slight_smile:

I am assuming it is for spartan ops correct? It would be dumb if it was only for war games

> No you would not be able to play MP. The game would probably prevent you from entering matchmaking with a message stating you don’t have the required storage space or a proper storage device.

Haha. I’m picking up on some sarcasm here.

> > No you would not be able to play MP. The game would probably prevent you from entering matchmaking with a message stating you don’t have the required storage space or a proper storage device.
>
> Haha. I’m picking up on some sarcasm here.

No I edited my post above. I’m only sarcastic to trolls and those who post such ridiculous threads I assume they are trolls.

I would just make sure you have 8 GB of free space. If not that would be awful to not be able to play MM.

Source article never says anything about having to download anything. Remember how you had to have an HDD to play some gamemodes in Reach? Same thing. Don’t listen to this reporters that assume things, let 343 be the ones to say what you need.