Halo 4 moving towards mainstream shooting

With all of these ordinance drops, “riot shields”, etc. where will the skill portion of halo fit in?
Having ordinance drops promotes camping, and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills. Why? Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.

I hope theres a classic playlist or I’ll be in spartan ops all day

How well you can strafe and aim, I guess. 343 said they wanted more rock, paper, scissors action :<

[deleted]

none of you guys know how ordinance works anyone can get it AND IT DOESNT ALWAYS LAND WHERE U ARE IT COULD BE ON OTHER SIDE OF MAP!

> none of you guys know how ordinance works anyone can get it AND IT DOESNT ALWAYS LAND WHERE U ARE IT COULD BE ON OTHER SIDE OF MAP!

In Infinity Slayer ordinance drops land near you, and it’s been likened to calling in a care package in Call of Duty. People have played the game, they know how it works. We’re not sure how they work in normal Slayer and other gamemodes though.

I’ve said this so many times.

What do I get? You’re “entitled” and several other buzzwords, no point explaining to these guys they don’t care.

> With all of these ordinance drops, “riot shields”, etc. where will the skill portion of halo fit in?
> Having ordinance drops promotes camping, and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills. Why? Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.
>
> I hope theres a classic playlist or I’ll be in spartan ops all day

Um… drops only appear on specific parts on the map. Essentially all they are are regular weapon spawns, but instead of being timed spawns, they are based on a point system. Kills, assists, headshots etc contribute points that allow for an ordinance drop. Once used, it will spawn on a random point, one of many located on a map. Everyone in the game will know about it thus having an opportunity to reap the benefits of the drop. It doesn’t just drop next to you.

It is an evolution of an existing system and skill will still have a place in the game. So will enhanced team aspects, and many other things. I also dont see how having weapons spawn in a specific location like you mentioned prevents camping… if they are in one spot wouldnt that make camping that much more common? Having timed spawns wasn’t skillful.

> With all of these ordinance drops, “riot shields”, etc. where will the skill portion of halo fit in?
> Having ordinance drops promotes camping, and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills. Why? Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.
>

There is a classic playlist. Confirmed a while back.

There are still weapons on a specific part of the map.

Ordinance drops in some game modes only. Why would it promote camping any more than weapons pre-existing on maps do? On most game modes except for Infinity Slayer, you don’t have fine control over where the ordinance drops. No camping, unless you can predict where they go.

Rewarding bad players with good weapons? Huh?

Hardlight shields aren’t as OP as they sound. Unlike MW2 and MW3’s riot shields, they have a time limit for use (Armor Abilities) and a damage limit. They seem to slow down player movement and you can’t fire while using them. Actually encourages skill, not reduces it.

> > With all of these ordinance drops, “riot shields”, etc. where will the skill portion of halo fit in?
> > Having ordinance drops promotes camping, and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills. Why? Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.
> >
> > I hope theres a classic playlist or I’ll be in spartan ops all day
>
> Um… drops only appear on specific parts on the map. Essentially all they are are regular weapon spawns, but instead of being timed spawns, they are based on a point system. Kills, assists, headshots etc contribute points that allow for an ordinance drop. Once used, it will spawn on a random point, one of many located on a map. Everyone in the game will know about it thus having an opportunity to reap the benefits of the drop. It doesn’t just drop next to you.
>
> It is an evolution of an existing system and skill will still have a place in the game. So will enhanced team aspects, and many other things. I also dont see how having weapons spawn in a specific location like you mentioned prevents camping… if they are in one spot wouldnt that make camping that much more common? <mark>Having timed spawns wasn’t skillful.</mark>

Wrong.

> > > With all of these ordinance drops, “riot shields”, etc. where will the skill portion of halo fit in?
> > > Having ordinance drops promotes camping, and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills. Why? Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.
> > >
> > > I hope theres a classic playlist or I’ll be in spartan ops all day
> >
> > Um… drops only appear on specific parts on the map. Essentially all they are are regular weapon spawns, but instead of being timed spawns, they are based on a point system. Kills, assists, headshots etc contribute points that allow for an ordinance drop. Once used, it will spawn on a random point, one of many located on a map. Everyone in the game will know about it thus having an opportunity to reap the benefits of the drop. It doesn’t just drop next to you.
> >
> > It is an evolution of an existing system and skill will still have a place in the game. So will enhanced team aspects, and many other things. I also dont see how having weapons spawn in a specific location like you mentioned prevents camping… if they are in one spot wouldnt that make camping that much more common? <mark>Having timed spawns wasn’t skillful.</mark>
>
> Wrong.

Memorizing when a gun spawns is skillful? Its memorization, not skill.

Skill is based on ability, not memorizing times. Skill was required to aim a gun, lead shots etc. Not timing a 60 second respawn. Skill is adapting to situations and using tactics.

there are two types of ordinance

Personal ordinance which you can call in 1 of 3 weak power weapons after a certain amount of kills without dying.

And preset timed ones which will drop in a random designated drop point with powerful power weapons.

[deleted]

> > > > > With all of these ordinance drops, “riot shields”, etc. where will the skill portion of halo fit in?
> > > > > Having ordinance drops promotes camping, and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills. Why? Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.
> > > > >
> > > > > I hope theres a classic playlist or I’ll be in spartan ops all day
> > > >
> > > > Um… drops only appear on specific parts on the map. Essentially all they are are regular weapon spawns, but instead of being timed spawns, they are based on a point system. Kills, assists, headshots etc contribute points that allow for an ordinance drop. Once used, it will spawn on a random point, one of many located on a map. Everyone in the game will know about it thus having an opportunity to reap the benefits of the drop. It doesn’t just drop next to you.
> > > >
> > > > It is an evolution of an existing system and skill will still have a place in the game. So will enhanced team aspects, and many other things. I also dont see how having weapons spawn in a specific location like you mentioned prevents camping… if they are in one spot wouldnt that make camping that much more common? <mark>Having timed spawns wasn’t skillful.</mark>
> > >
> > > Wrong.
> >
> > Memorizing when a gun spawns is skillful? Its memorization, not skill.
> >
> > Skill is based on ability, not memorizing times. Skill was required to aim a gun, lead shots etc. Not timing a 60 second respawn. Skill is adapting to situations and using tactics.
>
> The ability to control specific areas and routes on a map in order to obtain weapon spawns is both skilful and tactical.
>
> In fact, I would say is the cornerstone of competitive matchmaking of previous Halo’s.

Controlling a map is required either way. It still has nothing to do with timed spawns. If you can’t control choke points and high traffic areas, then yes, you aren’t using tactics. But it has nothing to do with weapon spawns.

You should be doing it regardless of ordinance drops. Its a factor in every shooter in existance. Have you played anything aside from Halo? Map control is key in single one of them, even ones with no weapon spawns whatsoever.

Time to demolish this ignorant post.

Obviously players will be able to use these abilities more efficiently than others (using their “skill”) so your question makes no sense.

> Having ordinance drops promotes camping,

It doesn’t promote camping any more than finding power weapons that spawn on the map.

> and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills.

Wrong. Completely wrong. To get an ordinance drop, you need to rack up many kills. In that sense, it rewards good players rather than bad players since the good players are the ones getting the majority of kills. It’s the opposite.

> Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.

I like how you don’t explain how.

> > > > With all of these ordinance drops, “riot shields”, etc. where will the skill portion of halo fit in?
> > > > Having ordinance drops promotes camping, and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills. Why? Not having weapons on a specific part of the map would ruin most aspects of Halo’s multiplayer.
> > > >
> > > > I hope theres a classic playlist or I’ll be in spartan ops all day
> > >
> > > Um… drops only appear on specific parts on the map. Essentially all they are are regular weapon spawns, but instead of being timed spawns, they are based on a point system. Kills, assists, headshots etc contribute points that allow for an ordinance drop. Once used, it will spawn on a random point, one of many located on a map. Everyone in the game will know about it thus having an opportunity to reap the benefits of the drop. It doesn’t just drop next to you.
> > >
> > > It is an evolution of an existing system and skill will still have a place in the game. So will enhanced team aspects, and many other things. I also dont see how having weapons spawn in a specific location like you mentioned prevents camping… if they are in one spot wouldnt that make camping that much more common? <mark>Having timed spawns wasn’t skillful.</mark>
> >
> > Wrong.
>
> Memorizing when a gun spawns is skillful? Its memorization, not skill.
>
> Skill is based on ability, not memorizing times. Skill was required to aim a gun, lead shots etc. Not timing a 60 second respawn. Skill is adapting to situations and using tactics.

I never said memorizing when a gun spawns is skillful. That isn’t what you implied either. You said having timed spawns isn’t skillful, not timing weapon spawns isn’t skillful. I agree with the latter.

Anyway. The skill from timed weapons doesn’t come from memorizing all the timers, it comes from the tactics you have to employ in order to obtain those weapons when they appear.

If everyone knows when and where a power weapon comes up on a map, naturally, they are all going to go to that spot at that specific time. Now whichever team has the better tactics, or outplays the other team is going to walk away with that power weapon. That is where the skill comes from. A skill that will be totally missing with this new system.

I believe that you all should just move on from classic halo; if you wouldn’t enjoy eating stale old bread, why would you enjoy stale old gameplay?

[deleted]

> > Having ordinance drops promotes camping,
>
> It doesn’t promote camping any more than finding power weapons that spawn on the map.

Lol, what do you mean “finding” power weapons that spawn on the map. Like it’s a treasure hunt or something. And he isn’t talking about camping after you get the power weapon, he is talking about camping before you get it.

When players know rocket come up in the middle of the map, they are going to go to that spot to get that power weapon, they will do that every time rockets come up. With the ordinance drop there is absolutely no reason to go to the middle of the map, ever. Why would you when you can just camp around corners or in your base until you get 5 kills.

> > and rewards bad players with good weapons so they can get a few cheap kills.
>
> Wrong. Completely wrong. To get an ordinance drop, you need to rack up many kills. In that sense, it rewards good players rather than bad players since the good players are the ones getting the majority of kills. It’s the opposite.

Better players will be rewarded more with ordinance drops, yes. However, bad players will still get free weapons every 5 kills whereas before they had to work for those weapons.

> I believe that you all should just move on from classic halo; if you wouldn’t enjoy eating stale old bread, why would you enjoy stale old gameplay?

Well that’s a bad analogy, playing an old videogame doesn’t make you physically ill.

Unless you’re me and older graphics give you a headache. >_>

That, and Duke Nukem Forever.

There is still traditional slayer as well as infinity slayer. Infinity slayer might not even be the default team slayer.