Halo 4? More like.. Halo 3o4i3./

I just went back to Halo 3 Matchmaking after several hours of Halo 4 Matchmaking … and I honestly don’t understand how Halo 4 constitutes as a legitimate follow up to Halo 3.

Plenty of us played Halo: Reach, Bungie’s last gift to us :’( so there are some links as far as how the gameplay evolved, i.e. Armor Abilities. However, Halo 3 gameplay versus Halo 4 gameplay… they’re nearly completely different games.

343, if you wanted to make a new game… that’s cool and all but why did you have to create it from Bungie’s beautiful legacy that actually was Halo?

This game shouldn’t be called Halo 4, but Halo3o4i3/, like some sort of glitch in the name to match the massive amounts of ways they glitched all over the idea of Halo.

Cryface.

Halo 4 and Halo 3 are very different games. Im not sure what 343i thought when they were making Halo 4. I thought they said they were trying to bring back that classic Halo feel but they obviously didn’t.

The transition from Bungie to 343 was hard enough seeing as we wouldn’t have Marty’s music anymore. But they decided to really destroy any sense of this game feeling like any Halo game. 343 did too much change with this game.

Other than sprint, everything else is just an option in H4. Point-streaks/personal ordinances, AA’s, personal loadouts, Armour Mods, random ordinances… They’re all options that can be layered on, not set-in-stone mechanics that cannot be altered.

I challenge you OP to make a gametype that uses H3 settings and then tell me it’s nothing alike because if we compare H3 settings to CE settings, we find two games with very little in common but the space-men and lizards shooting at each other… Yet Halo3 is still “Halo.”
You can tell H4 to only BR/Pistol, BR/AR or AR/Pistol starts, and only those starts. You can restrict personal ordinances to give only 1 type of anything, or nothing at all. You can set fall damage to absolute 0. You can place weapons on the map. You can remove insta-spawn and create manual spawns. You can remove AA’s and Armour Mods, or force certain AA’s and AM’s onto the symmetrical starts (Dexterity for all anyone?).

The only thing you can’t do is remove sprint.

I’m sure some players do keep the standard settings without all the fancy ornaments, but it can’t be free or just doing so when a high percentage of your opponents are taking full advantage of these extras.

> I’m sure some players do keep the standard settings without all the fancy ornaments, but it can’t be free or just doing so when a high percentage of your opponents are taking full advantage of these extras.

What are you talking about? You can’t take advantage of all those extras in a gamtype that removes and/or restricts weapons, loadouts and ordinances.

I challenged you to make a gametype like H3, not tell me how people use their abilities in Infinity Slayer.

Then just implement that gametype in matchmaking dont say you can cause we cant. 343 needs to make a playlist like this, because infinity slayer and all the ordnance -Yoink- is NOT FUN.

Perhaps until then i suggest you do what reaper said create this game type with bare minimal new additions except for sprint of course because you cannot remove it. Then upload the gametype to your file share find a bunch of people who like the same thing and continue to play if enough people play it in customs and download it from file share i’m then sure in future 343i will implement it as a playlist into there hopper.

Um, okay. I’ll try that when I wake in the morning. I guess I’m thankful 343i made it an option for me, the gamer, to play with Halo 3 settings, if I set it up myself in customs. My post was not referencing this option they gave us to remember what Halo was and no longer is.

And don’t get me wrong, in spite of the numerous bugs and faults of this game, I still enjoy playing, ranking, customizing my Spartan and trying to unlock new armor and stances by fulfilling commendations. I’m merely saying, this game doesn’t seem to be what the name Halo 4, as an addition to the previous games, speculates.

343 could’ve made an entirely new game but … you might know where this is going… money. Leeched off the Halo franchise and failed long time Halo fans at heart.

> Perhaps until then i suggest you do what reaper said create this game type with bare minimal new additions except for sprint of course because you cannot remove it. Then upload the gametype to your file share find a bunch of people who like the same thing and continue to play if enough people play it in customs and download it from file share i’m then sure in future 343i will implement it as a playlist into there hopper.

Now we’re talking… hopefully gamers are attracted to that to an extent that 343 will notice and oblige.

They could at least give us Multi Team.

> Then just implement that gametype in matchmaking dont say you can cause we cant. 343 needs to make a playlist like this, because infinity slayer and all the ordnance Yoink! is NOT FUN.

Indeed , much agreed . It’s not like we all have an abundance of friends constantly playing Halo 4 , to play these said rudimentary custom games , as we did in Halo 3’s glory days . I challenge the “monitor” to up the null up , stop typically backing the 343industrial complex , and stop pretending custom games are not as well so restricted . As are the said playlist set forth thusfar . Oink oink oink !! D%

> Other than sprint, everything else is just an option in H4. Point-streaks/personal ordinances, AA’s, personal loadouts, Armour Mods, random ordinances… They’re all options that can be layered on, not set-in-stone mechanics that cannot be altered.
>
> I challenge you OP to make a gametype that uses H3 settings and then tell me it’s nothing alike because if we compare H3 settings to CE settings, we find two games with very little in common but the space-men and lizards shooting at each other… Yet Halo3 is still “Halo.”
> You can tell H4 to only BR/Pistol, BR/AR or AR/Pistol starts, and only those starts. You can restrict personal ordinances to give only 1 type of anything, or nothing at all. You can set fall damage to absolute 0. You can place weapons on the map. You can remove insta-spawn and create manual spawns. You can remove AA’s and Armour Mods, or force certain AA’s and AM’s onto the symmetrical starts (Dexterity for all anyone?).
>
> The only thing you can’t do is remove sprint.

I’m respectful of your opinions Reaper, but Halo 3 and Halo 4 have major differing landmarks.

Sprint cannot be disabled first of all, and if you have found that option, please tell me.

Weapon balance is not offered. Each weapon type in Halo 3 was carefully balanced to fit into different environments, and weren’t overpowered. Rocket launcher wasn’t so deadly in splash damage, and a good player could jump and “over-skill” a rocket player with his BR only. If you wanted to drain peoples shield fast in a choked position, pick up the Plasma Rifle and over-maneuver your opponent. You cannot tell me that each weapon in Halo 4 is balanced when we have a broken Boltshot, overpowered DMR, etc, and Aim Assist that will damage your pride as a Halo player. The weapon sandbox in Halo 4 is a shame, which is funny because it mirrors the broken weapon balance that was in Reach.

I think its the Aim Assist that bothers me overall. Pick up a sniper in Halo 3, and you will find yourself pulling off headshots much less in time compared to Halo 4. I remember in Halo 3, that when an opponent had a sniper I would dash across a given space, knowing there was a low probability that he/she could kill me instantly with a headshot. The least that player could do was to take my shields down, but I would be gone before he could finish me off. Can’t have that mentality in 4 (especially in Reach), where headshots are given like free kids meals.

Vehicles are another thing in Halo 4 that is totally broken, with almost any vehicle feeling like cardboard boxes. All vehicles in Halo 3 were carefully balanced to fit the sandbox, and if you think that is wrong, you should try it out. And for god’s sake we had more options in Halo 3 in terms of vehicles. Did the Covenant and humans stop making advanced tech since 3?

Maps also varies in size compared to 3. Throughout each Halo game, there has always been a map that has remained in the heart of Halo players. Lockout, Guardian, etc. What map you think is great in Halo 4? Haven? This is a circle with broken spawns. Map options are what infuriate me, and Reach was the starter of everything.

Certain things irritate me, but I won’t go into detail: Nade indicator, no option for neutral flag, no Assault gametype, Zombie/Flood options, “Flinching” which should be out-of-scope. I can probably think of more things, but they’re not coming to mind at the moment.

Stop defending this game and be a realist about its flaws. Its a good game, but its missing many things that we have classically enjoyed from Halo 2-3.

> Other than sprint, everything else is just an option in H4. Point-streaks/personal ordinances, AA’s, personal loadouts, Armour Mods, random ordinances… They’re all options that can be layered on, not set-in-stone mechanics that cannot be altered.
>
> I challenge you OP to make a gametype that uses H3 settings and then tell me it’s nothing alike because if we compare H3 settings to CE settings, we find two games with very little in common but the space-men and lizards shooting at each other… Yet Halo3 is still “Halo.”
> You can tell H4 to only BR/Pistol, BR/AR or AR/Pistol starts, and only those starts. You can restrict personal ordinances to give only 1 type of anything, or nothing at all. You can set fall damage to absolute 0. You can place weapons on the map. You can remove insta-spawn and create manual spawns. You can remove AA’s and Armour Mods, or force certain AA’s and AM’s onto the symmetrical starts (Dexterity for all anyone?).
>

So true ive already recreated it minus instant respawns being gone its really easy even for me someone whose never tried customs before. I’m on to trying to find a way to keep ordinance in to work with classic halo gameplay.

>

I haven’t touched this game in months, but is that a valid playlist/TU now? If not, I’m almost certain I’d rather play on those settings in MM than the ones we have now. I think that is what the OP means.

>
>

How do you disable instant respawn BTW ?

> > Other than sprint, everything else is just an option in H4. Point-streaks/personal ordinances, AA’s, personal loadouts, Armour Mods, random ordinances… They’re all options that can be layered on, not set-in-stone mechanics that cannot be altered.
> >
> > I challenge you OP to make a gametype that uses H3 settings and then tell me it’s nothing alike because if we compare H3 settings to CE settings, we find two games with very little in common but the space-men and lizards shooting at each other… Yet Halo3 is still “Halo.”
> > You can tell H4 to only BR/Pistol, BR/AR or AR/Pistol starts, and only those starts. You can restrict personal ordinances to give only 1 type of anything, or nothing at all. You can set fall damage to absolute 0. You can place weapons on the map. You can remove insta-spawn and create manual spawns. You can remove AA’s and Armour Mods, or force certain AA’s and AM’s onto the symmetrical starts (Dexterity for all anyone?).
> >
> > The only thing you can’t do is remove sprint.
>
> I’m respectful of your opinions Reaper, but Halo 3 and Halo 4 have major differing landmarks.
>
> Sprint cannot be disabled first of all, and if you have found that option, please tell me.
>
> Weapon balance is not offered. Each weapon type in Halo 3 was carefully balanced to fit into different environments, and weren’t overpowered. Rocket launcher wasn’t so deadly in splash damage, and a good player could jump and “over-skill” a rocket player with his BR only. If you wanted to drain peoples shield fast in a choked position, pick up the Plasma Rifle and over-maneuver your opponent. You cannot tell me that each weapon in Halo 4 is balanced when we have a broken Boltshot, overpowered DMR, etc, and Aim Assist that will damage your pride as a Halo player. The weapon sandbox in Halo 4 is a shame, which is funny because it mirrors the broken weapon balance that was in Reach.
>
> I think its the Aim Assist that bothers me overall. Pick up a sniper in Halo 3, and you will find yourself pulling off headshots much less in time compared to Halo 4. I remember in Halo 3, that when an opponent had a sniper I would dash across a given space, knowing there was a low probability that he/she could kill me instantly with a headshot. The least that player could do was to take my shields down, but I would be gone before he could finish me off. Can’t have that mentality in 4 (especially in Reach), where headshots are given like free kids meals.
>
> Vehicles are another thing in Halo 4 that is totally broken, with almost any vehicle feeling like cardboard boxes. All vehicles in Halo 3 were carefully balanced to fit the sandbox, and if you think that is wrong, you should try it out. And for god’s sake we had more options in Halo 3 in terms of vehicles. Did the Covenant and humans stop making advanced tech since 3?
>
> Maps also varies in size compared to 3. Throughout each Halo game, there has always been a map that has remained in the heart of Halo players. Lockout, Guardian, etc. What map you think is great in Halo 4? Haven? This is a circle with broken spawns. Map options are what infuriate me, and Reach was the starter of everything.
>
> Certain things irritate me, but I won’t go into detail: Nade indicator, no option for neutral flag, no Assault gametype, Zombie/Flood options, “Flinching” which should be out-of-scope. I can probably think of more things, but they’re not coming to mind at the moment.
>
> Stop defending this game and be a realist about its flaws. Its a good game, but its missing many things that we have classically enjoyed from Halo 2-3.

Agreed . Good form .

I really don’t understand why so many people are surprised that Halo 4 is more of a sequel to Halo: Reach as far as gameplay goes. It seems natural that the latest game of the series would have the most influence on the current game. Halo: Reach had some great ideas, some admittedly better than others, but great ideas nonetheless.

Honestly, Halo 4 is a sequel to Halo 3 really only in the Campaign story. But I think you’re all a little silly for thinking it would be a more direct sequel, even gameplay wise.