Halo 4 MM predicted in Halo 3 forum post...

Edited by Moderator - Do not intentionally troll.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Is it possible that the future of Halo MM was predicted by this very astute Halo 3 player? And, I quote:

"Dear Bungie,

I have played 15 hours and 21 minutes of Halo 3 MM!

After playing it, I have thought of some ideas which would improve future Halo games; it is just a shame they can not be implemented into Halo 3, they would make Halo 3 freaking awesome!

Ideas:

Weapons:

Halo 3 MM is like a desert, void of weapons. There needs to be a greater variety of weapons in the Halo sandbox moving forward. While Halo 3 serves well as a basic beta, more needs to be done to bring future Halos into being fully fledged playable games, particularly MM.

I’d love a 5sk rifle that could be used for mid to long range combat. I predict such a weapon would be a hit in future Halo games. The Halo 3 BR is fine but, there needs to be a foe and I think my idea of a 5sk single burst rifle would be such!

While the Frag nade is OK, I am annoyed that I can not take down vehicles easily. Perhaps a nade could be invented that could somehow stick to the enemy vehicles and even foot soldiers; that would be fun! It would allow foot soldiers a chance in vehicle battles.

Load-outs:

Bungie, please, hear me out! Picture this, Spartans being really like super soldiers! How? Load-outs! Yes, I said it! I think future Halos would be awesome if we could customize say, five or ten load-outs with various weapons from the sandbox. IMO, sch a Halo game would be freaking awesome. I’d even stop playing Halo 3 if such a game was made!

Armor Abilities:

Another way to make Halo games way better than Halo 3, in the future, is to have armor abilities? FTW, you say! Well, you know how we have those boring power-ups round the Halo 3 MM maps? Well,tied in with our Super Spartans having load-outs at the start of the game, we should also have our own Armor Abilities to select from.

I just finished reading the 1952 novel, The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison and, wait for it, how about letting us be invisible in the game,just for a short period, though. So, thinking about how snipers like to be in camouflage, why not call it Active Camouflage? If the devs working for you, Bungie, can come up with it, I’d use it!

One thing I dislike with a passion about Halo 3 MM, is the snail pace that my Spartan moves. I’ve been playing Big Team Battle and by the time it takes me to walk and Moon jump for half an hour to get from one side of the map to the other, the enemy have left in vehicles and I have to spend another 30 minutes heading back to the other side again. I was watching an Olympic Games rerun the other day and it suddenly occurred to me; why can’t Spartans run like the rest of us mere mortals? So, if it can technically be done, I’d love to see our Spartans being able to sprint during the game; just press X and away we go.

Ranks:

I have a bad feeling that some people are cheating with ranks, through boosting and selling accounts! I also do not like be rank locked! So, perhaps you, Bungie, could do a major overhaul of ranks. I’d suggest not having ranks visible in game and, have ranks which go up and down depending on how one plays any given game, that way, the ranks won’t be worth anything to sell to unskilled players.

MICs:

I dislike how people are so rude and annoying throughout the game and before a game and post game. It would be great if someone could invent a chat system where we could just talk to our friends and not put up with all that drivel…

As far fetched as it might seem, I envisage a day where the majority of people playing Halo MM will love to be able to sprint, have load-outs, Armor Abilities and so much more…it boggles the mind, I know but it can be a reality.

Well, these are just some thoughts, Bungie, which will make Halo games more enjoyable. Halo 3 is fine but, future Halos must take great leaps forward, visually, graphically and in terms of playability. AT least make a start of it and, if you can’t take it any further,sell the Halo franchise to a company that will run with these,ad your ideas.

As Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story says, “To Infinity and beyond…”"

The post can be found here.

I was bored and decided to have some fun with Halo 3 fan boys

Good troll.

> Good troll.

The very last sentence, particularly one word, in the post is key! It sums it all up so well:)

You do know that this puts you in the same camp as the guys who randomly start cussing you out or team killing, right? I consider those people the worst type of gamer and a sad reflection of humanity.

Wait a min he only posted that an hour ago!!!

Either the guy sucks at typing and it took him this long to finish the post or somebody is lying…hmmmmm where is batman when you need him?

> Wait a min he only posted that an hour ago!!!
>
> Either the guy sucks at typing and it took him this long to finish the post or somebody is lying…hmmmmm where is batman when you need him?

Oh, the irony.

> You do know that this puts you in the same camp as the guys who randomly start cussing you out or team killing, right? I consider those people the worst type of gamer and a sad reflection of humanity.

I respect your opinion; I am sincerely sorry that I do not live up to your Halo 3 fan boy standards.

> Wait a min he only posted that an hour ago!!!
>
> Either the guy sucks at typing and it took him this long to finish the post or somebody is lying…hmmmmm where is batman when you need him?

That was the first thing I check when I saw he created that thread. He’s one of the “OMG stop complaing” or “go play Halo 3” people. He’s just trying to start trouble.

If halo 4 were half as good as he claims it is, he wouldn’t have needed to do this for entertainment.

> > You do know that this puts you in the same camp as the guys who randomly start cussing you out or team killing, right? I consider those people the worst type of gamer and a sad reflection of humanity.
>
> I respect your opinion; I am sincerely sorry that I do not live up to your Halo 3 fan boy standards.

It’s less to do with Halo 3 fanboyism as much as basic human decency. You seem to be very much lacking in both.

> > Wait a min he only posted that an hour ago!!!
> >
> > Either the guy sucks at typing and it took him this long to finish the post or somebody is lying…hmmmmm where is batman when you need him?
>
> That was the first thing I check when I saw he created that thread. He’s one of the “OMG stop complaing” or “go play Halo 3” people. He’s just trying to start trouble.
>
> If halo 4 were half as good as he claims it is, he wouldn’t have needed to do this for entertainment.

Entertainment?

Well, in a way, I’m pointing out, through my sense of humor, how much better Halo has become. It is sad that people from the long ago gaming era of Halo 3, do their up-most to make Halo 4 in its own image!

My most used weapon is the DMR. I no longer use it and have been persuaded that it was bad. Who persuaded me? Halo 3 players!

I was always against ranks. I did not want the CSR. However, overtime, I was persuaded to change my mind. Whose ideas and posts did I consider and was persuaded by? Halo 3 players!

I could go on but, will not.

I did go and play Halo 3 last week and had fun, mostly. I can see some good in Halo 3 but, more good in Halo 4. I’m tired of people fighting over which is better. The fact is, I have conceded, is that they are both good in their own ways. However, I do not want the next Halo to be another Halo 3, nor do I want it to be a Halo 4. It should be a mix of both. Basically,almost where we are at now with Halo 4, after 343i has listened to and addressed most of the communities concerns. I like the Halo 4 we have now, as of this post and, will like it even more come 3 June 2013. I want the next Halo to have play lists and game modes in the Infinity style with all that has to offer, for the many that like that, as shown by the number one and two ranked play lists, on launch day and up until this very post. But, there must also be play lists/game modes with what the Halo 3 fans like.

No, I do not support the either or option. I did not like how the community was divided on Bungie over Halo Reach, nor here with Halo 4. 343i can get it right…a game for us all, Halo 3 and and Halo 4 fans alike!

Bring on Halo 5!

> > > You do know that this puts you in the same camp as the guys who randomly start cussing you out or team killing, right? I consider those people the worst type of gamer and a sad reflection of humanity.
> >
> > I respect your opinion; I am sincerely sorry that I do not live up to your Halo 3 fan boy standards.
>
> It’s less to do with Halo 3 fanboyism as much as basic human decency. You seem to be very much lacking in both.

Once again, thank you!

> > Wait a min he only posted that an hour ago!!!
> >
> > Either the guy sucks at typing and it took him this long to finish the post or somebody is lying…hmmmmm where is batman when you need him?
>
> That was the first thing I check when I saw he created that thread. <mark>He’s one of the “OMG stop complaing” or “go play Halo 3” people.</mark> He’s just trying to start trouble.
>
> If halo 4 were half as good as he claims it is, he wouldn’t have needed to do this for entertainment.

I am very happy to be proven wrong but, I don’t recall, off hand, having ever told any Halo 3 fan to go play that instead of Halo 4; the more playing Halo 4, the better! Please link me to a post by me where I stated such.

You, and everyone else can complain all they want. The majority on this forum are Halo 3 fans who complain about almost every single aspect of Halo 4. Some of it is justified, other things are just outright unreasonable and absurd. The complaints, the legit ones, have brought about an improved Halo 4 experience not just for them, but for me too; I can live with that and appreciate the concerns they raised and results obtained.

The problem is, and why I post in defense of Halo 4 MM where I think it is warranted is, the Halo 4 fan is a extreme minority on this forum. Why? They are too busy playing the number one, two and three ranked play lists, day in and day out to waste time coming here! I don’t want 343i to think no one likes their version of Halo…they know people, like it when they see the most played lists being Infinity Slayer, BTIS etc…but, it is good to see what seems, almost a lone Halo 4 fan voice (yes, there are others, but we are few compared to Halo 3 fans…due to us playing the game instead of posting about it) here on the forums.

Am i the only one who thinks that OP is a troll?

ive read some of he´s posts where i think he cant be serious.

Read the tiny tiny words in end of the post, he’s just having fun.
Move along. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Am i the only one who thinks that OP is a troll?
>
> ive read some of he´s posts where i think he cant be serious.

You are not the only one, but the last time I called someone out for it I got banned. I am one ban away from perma-ban so I have to restrain myself from saying anything stupid.