Halo 4 MLG? + Halo problems

I’ve heard a lot about there being no MLg playlists in halo 4. Why? Is it because too game? Is it because the players? Cause EVERY SINGLE HALO has a game rating 17 and up and who plays the game? 15 year olds and younger and 343i listens to them more then the games original audience. I’m 18 myself and I wish halo 4 was more like halo 3. Don’t get me wrong halo 4 is a good game, they just need to bring back old maps like the original Lockout/Blackout, The Pit, Acension, Guardian, Wetworks/waterworks (whatever it was from halo 2). An MLG playlist would make it easier cause there’s no advantages in player load outs, it’s all even, no support or tactical packages, just resupply. BR or DMR start. NO PERSONAL ORDANANCE. Just initial and random ordanances. I hope one day 343i will make halo 4 a real halo game. Nurfing the BR to its original 4 shot and nurfing the DMR to its original in halo reach. If you wanted to spam your trigger like everyone does then the bloom will spray your bullet around, unlike having it near perfectly straight every single shot. The BR and the DMR should be equal in range, not one gun having a map advantage then the other, BR and DMR are good guns for close range but then put the BR against the DMR far range, then wow. Just wow. DMR is surprisingly still a 5 shot while the BR is like a 8, maybe even 12. They should’ve mapped the game around halo 3 instead of halo reach, battlefield, call of duty. Cause mixing little things in with it will defiantly ruin the game for people. They got the controls good, I guess. They don’t have the old feelings you would get from the old maps in halo 3, but I guess that goes differently for each person, (playing styles), besides the maps and the guns, I’d say the game is ok. One more thing I honestly don’t get, is why have bungie introduce these new guns when all they use is a DMR and concussion rifle? Where’s the brute shot that could counteract that? What happened to the SMG? What happened to incinerary grenades? Power drains etc. Regen field was even better as equipment not a armour ability, same with active camo, why would they give someone the advantage to cowardly just camo snipe? That’s sooo stupid. Sorry if I offended anybody in this forum post, I’m just speaking out of rage from the big change from halo 3. How Halo should’ve been.

erm…someone clearly didn’t get the memo, Halo MLG is essentially dead, literally.

Well, MLG dropped Halo from the circuit, therefore an MLG playlist would be pointless. However, Team Throwdown is essentially the same thing. The setting were designed with competitive play in mind.

As for the game itself, I know that a lot of competitive minded players aren’t too happy with it. The game was made with the casual player in mind, and it shows. A lot of aspects of the game are too easy, streamlined, or removed altogether. It sucks, but it’s what we’ve been dealt, and honestly, we are just going to have to deal with it.

If the community will learn to get along and work together, we can make the best of this. Instead of complaining, bashing, and acting immature we need to grow up and realize that the only thing killing this game is ourselves.

Just the way I feel about it.

Halo 4’s lack of varied custom options and non competitive settings caused MLG to drop the game from the circuit. There’s no conspiracy here, the game just isn’t competitive enough.

There is essentially an MLG playlist, it’s just been renamed Team Throwdown. The settings are literally the V2 MLG settings that Ghostayame designed. Since MLG doesn’t have H4 on its circuit (because of an exclusive deal Microsoft made with -Yoink!- Gaming, not because of the competitive merit of the game itself), it wouldn’t make sense to have a playlist with that name.

I don’t want Halo4 to be anything like H3, and I started playing it back in 2001 when I was 18. So its not the “new kids” that want Halo changed, its just a mixture like myself and others that want it to evolve. Halo’s formula had gotten stale with H2, and H3! Reach and H4 have changed it for the better.

> Halo 4’s lack of varied custom options and non competitive settings caused MLG to drop the game from the circuit. There’s no conspiracy here, the game just isn’t competitive enough.

Lets not forget the million dollar contract MS sold to -Yoink!- gaming. Even if halo 4’s base wasn’t competitive they still could of made it to where it fit there needs AGL has been doing competitive play on Halo 4 and MLG already had Halo 4 first tourney before its release or I think 343 paid for that. There’s a lot more than just overall social and competitive routes taken in game design, Hell I could make angry birds competitive. There’s obviously some information missing as to the true reason why it was not picked up. Considering how they went through the troubles of hosting meetings with MS and -Yoink!- gaming there must have been something money wise I remember -Yoink!- gaming saying something like they would of let them host the tourney but knowing them they probably wanted money and to have MLG post there logo everywhere. So VG messed up Battlefield tourney and Halo its a curse I tells ya.

> Halo 4’s lack of varied custom options and non competitive settings caused MLG to drop the game from the circuit. There’s no conspiracy here, the game just isn’t competitive enough.

Un-true. It was dropped due to the fact that Microsoft had a contract with -Yoink!- Gaming and they couldn’t be with both -Yoink!- and MLG simultaneously. You guys just want to use it as a way of proving how “bad” Halo 4 is, yet the fact isn’t even true.

> Well, MLG dropped Halo from the circuit, therefore an MLG playlist would be pointless. However, Team Throwdown is essentially the same thing. The setting were designed with competitive play in mind.
>
> As for the game itself, I know that a lot of competitive minded players aren’t too happy with it. The game was made with the casual player in mind, and it shows. A lot of aspects of the game are too easy, streamlined, or removed altogether. It sucks, but it’s what we’ve been dealt, and honestly, we are just going to have to deal with it.
>
> If the community will learn to get along and work together, we can make the best of this. Instead of complaining, bashing, and acting immature we need to grow up and realize that the only thing killing this game is ourselves.
>
> Just the way I feel about it.

Preach brother

whenever I try to post some ideas or other stuff that may work most of the time I get the no it needs to be ( insert anything related to the subject and Halo 3 or 2) The Players that like new or fixed elements like AA’s and ordinance want to work together but from what I see its the people that act like if it wasn’t in Halo before 3 then it cant be added or fixed. At least that’s what I get from most of the comments. We could of found a reasonable balance in new and old that kept to Halo’s roots just with the new flare of Halo 4 months ago but people would rather complain than try to work with the opposing side to fix the issue its not all there fault though. It just doesn’t make since that if they label casuals as people who will play anything that don’t care about the game even though there supposedly stayed with the game supporting it longer than the so called true Halo fans but even then they refuse to work with the game and the other side of the community instead of against it. I want a return back to classic Halo as well but I don’t want to lose my AA’s I could see some use for ordinance possibly in custom games and maybe in the gameplay in general it just depends on how its presented and employed into the gameplay.

The only thing you can’t turn it off that would make it more competitive, is sprint, which even ghost decided not to mod out in his v1 settings. The game has plenty of setting to make it competitive, it was the -Yoink!- contract that prohibited the use of halo in their tournaments. Cod is not competitive at all and really has no settings to make it competitive, yet they kept it in. Why? 2 reasons: money and availability.

At this point, I feel like MLG grew out of Halo.

Halo 4 should be more like halo 3, cause halo 3 was so much better then any halo up to date now a days, I mean it’s better then halo reach and by far better then halo 4, BR was good cause its even to everyone, no DMR advantages or power advantages just weapon and equipment spawns, halo 4 could’ve been better if bungie was still its creator. 343 screwed up with having no beta either, they could’ve fixed all the things will the game but no, they think they have it all down when they don’t know anything about Halo besides a story line they blew out of proportion

Last time I checked there were rumors of MLG talking with 343i and MS. Who knows what’s being planned.

Thats not true, is cuz -Yoink!- Games is the ‘‘suposed one’’ who make H4 official competitions

and cmon, if Halo 4 is not competitive, CoD Bo2 is competitive?

if u say yes, im gonna ROLF for 1 entire week, i swear