Halo 4 Midnight Release Questions

I want to attend the Midnight Release for Halo 4, but this would be my first one. What should I expect? I really don’t know what you do, what it’s like or anything. Any past experiences are welcome. Just out of curiosity, how many of you are going to a Halo 4 midnight launch?

Im going to midnight release. I’ve been to a bunch, most games I show up at like 8 or 9 but for Halo Id get there as soon as you can. Bring plenty of 5 hour energy and hang out in the store you dont want to miss any give aways. Oh and dont forget ur MA5B!

> Im going to midnight release. I’ve been to a bunch, most games I show up at like 8 or 9 but for Halo Id get there as soon as you can. Bring plenty of 5 hour energy and hang out in the store you dont want to miss any give aways. Oh and dont forget ur MA5B!

So they give stuff away… Thats cool. But what do I do while I am there? Stand outside in te cold? Stay inside and wait for hours?

This will be my first time as well.

How awkward is it to go alone?
My friends are to cool for video games.

It really depends on the venue.

If you have to wait outside, bring a jacket and something to keep you busy, like a portable gaming system. All the better if it’s inside like a mall.

Yeah, you definitely want to get there early if they don’t do a ticket system. All of my midnight releases have been at Gamestop, and they do a system where everyone is paid off at 9, and you get a ticket, and that’s the order that you get your game. You can then leave and come back at midnight or hang around.

> It really depends on the venue.
>
> If you have to wait outside, bring a jacket and something to keep you busy, like a portable gaming system. All the better if it’s inside like a mall.
>
> Yeah, you definitely want to get there early if they don’t do a ticket system. All of my midnight releases have been at Gamestop, and they do a system where everyone is paid off at 9, and you get a ticket, and that’s the order that you get your game. You can then leave and come back at midnight or hang around.

Hmm alright… Thanks for all the help! If anyone else wants to add something go on ahead. This is helping a lot of people.

I went to MW3 and waited for 4 hours, and I will never attend a midnight release again. I only went because I wanted an LE but I didn’t pre-order, so I had to go early to get one. It’s cold, crowded, and many people will be drunk or smoking.

You literally just wait i have been to 22 midnight releases and believe me I still hate em lol but.it’s worth it. I bring my ipod and a portable dvd player and i just chilax till i get the treasure of the night.

> > Im going to midnight release. I’ve been to a bunch, most games I show up at like 8 or 9 but for Halo Id get there as soon as you can. Bring plenty of 5 hour energy and hang out in the store you dont want to miss any give aways. Oh and dont forget ur MA5B!
>
> <mark>So they give stuff away</mark>… Thats cool. But what do I do while I am there? Stand outside in te cold? Stay inside and wait for hours?

Dont be dissapointed if they dont, sometimes they do sometimes they dont. But for Halo, probably lanyards, shirts, freebies pretty much. Note I’ve only been to Gamestop midnight releases. And ya you pretty much stand there its more fun if you have a friend to go with preferably one whose excited for the game as you are. The gamestop I currently go to had food at the last one I went to and a weapon making contest, this time there gonna have 5 hour energy. If your going to gamestop call your gamestop they should know what they have planned by now. And Ive gone were you pay and they give you a number and thats your specific number in line or by group so pretty much the sooner you get there the sooner you get home. And i recomend taking a nap before you leave so you can stay up longer.(The double xp Mt Dew also would be a good choice)

Go to them all the time. Some have boring lines. Some have drinks, food, tourneys, and even DJs.

Every place i’ve been always varied. Gamestop ones inside malls are typically the funnest IMO. It’s pretty fun/weird being in a mall at 12-1am when everything else is closed.

> This will be my first time as well.
>
> How awkward is it to go alone?
> My friends are to cool for video games.

No you have something in common with pretty much everyone there, so youll make friends easily.

Does anyone know if I have to go to the EBgames I pre-ordered from? Or can I go to any store in my town?

Alright thanks for all the help! I think I will call my gamestop either now or tomorrow.

I’m also attending the EB Games (Gamestop in Canada) midnight release, having never been to one before. A few questions to you veterans of them:

1. What time should I be there?
  2. What kinds of things do they give away?
  3. What goes on in the store during the wait?
  4. How long past midnight will I be there for?
  5. What else should I know?
    Thanks in advance.

call ahead and see how many people are expected.

My ebgames is selling the actual game from 10pm-12am. Then you leave, come back with your ticket at 12:01 am and just get your game really fast. Everyone will be home by 12:15.

> Does anyone know if I have to go to the EBgames I pre-ordered from? Or can I go to any store in my town?

You can only claim your pre-order at the store you pre-ordered from.

The get a set amount, and then all the pre-orders by store.

4 hours if you want to be 1st I’d say as H4 is gunna be bigger than Reach. Pro tip, don’t drink before hand… You’ll regret it. :slight_smile:

Double post

> > Does anyone know if I have to go to the EBgames I pre-ordered from? Or can I go to any store in my town?
>
> You can only claim your pre-order at the store you pre-ordered from.
>
> The get a set amount, and then all the pre-orders by store.

Okay, thanks.

Double post.