halo 4 melee system

In halo 3 the melee system was perfect if you melee someone with about a quarter of their shields they would die.

In halo reach if you melee someone with about a quarter of their shields they wouldn’t die in one melee. It would take one melee to get take out their shields then one more melee to actually kill them.

In halo reach MLG it was one melee to take out half of their shields, then a second melee to take out the rest of the shields. On the third melee the would finally die.

Which should the melee system be like in halo 4?

If any of these are in Halo 4 I would like to see MLG customize the gametype like they always do. Then in the regular matchmaking gametypes have for the first two months a option to vote for halo 3 melee system and then another option for halo reach melee system. Then after the two months, which ever was voted for the most is the melee system that will be in the regular gametypes.

MLG style. Beat downs should never beat guns, especially with sprint in the game.

I say add bleedthrough in the game. The health system resembles Halo 3, so I feel like it would work. If this ends up fail, just put MLG system.

What do you mean by bleedthrough?

> What do you mean by bleedthrough?

It’s basically Halo 3 system. If you take out half of their shields and pummel, he will die. It prevents double pummeling

personally I don’t like the MLG melee system. It was the reason I quit playing the MLG playlist.

Different guns should have different beat down capabilities. Your BR/AR shouldn’t break shields in one hit, but a Spiker or equivalent should. Would give a reason for picking it up over the AR.

> Different guns should have different beat down capabilities. Your BR/AR shouldn’t break shields in one hit, but a Spiker or equivalent should. Would give a reason for picking it up over the AR.

I don’t think this would work because then people would always pick that up as a secondary and only use it as a melee.

> > What do you mean by bleedthrough?
>
> It’s basically Halo 3 system. If you take out half of their shields and pummel, he will die. It prevents double pummeling

Isn’t that the exact same melee system?

> > > What do you mean by bleedthrough?
> >
> > It’s basically Halo 3 system. If you take out half of their shields and pummel, he will die. It prevents double pummeling
>
> Isn’t that the exact same melee system?

Yup. Bleedthrough is the technical term for it. Reach implemented Bleedthrough in the TU but took it out in the March update.

This is how it should work imo:

Your shield answer for 4/5th of the total damage you can take before you die.
Health without shield 1/5th. 5/5 is 100%, a fully healthy Spartan. My idea is that a melee hit should cause damage equal to two fifths of a Spartans health + shield.

Scenario 1.

(Target start on 5/5) Melee hit > 3/5 > Melee hit > 1/5 (no shield left) > Final melee hit > 0/5 > dead.

So instead of two lame melee hits right after each other to kill one another there will be 3.

Scenario 2.

(Target start on 4/5) Melee hit > 2/5 > Final hit > hits through shield and target dies.

If the target is however already damaged two melee hits will be enough to kill them.

And if they’re no-shield/close to no-shield they will die from a single melee hit. Peace out

> This is how it should work imo:
>
> Your shield answer for 4/5th of the total damage you can take before you die.
> Health without shield 1/5th. 5/5 is 100%, a fully healthy Spartan. My idea is that a melee hit should cause damage equal to two fifths of a Spartans health + shield.
>
> Scenario 1.
>
> (Target start on 5/5) Melee hit > 3/5 > Melee hit > 1/5 (no shield left) > Final melee hit > 0/5 > dead.
>
> So instead of two lame melee hits right after each other to kill one another there will be 3.
>
> Scenario 2.
>
> (Target start on 4/5) Melee hit > 2/5 > Final hit > hits through shield and target dies.
>
> If the target is however already damaged two melee hits will be enough to kill them.
>
> And if they’re no-shield/close to no-shield they will die from a single melee hit. Peace out

How is this different form the Halo reach MLG melee system?

^ I agree, 3 melees seem perfect.

Since we are on the subject of melee go to 6:32

Always loved that part

The melee that was done in the trailer was predecided programing for that melee scenario. I will admit it was cool but that can not be in the game unless it is at that speed.

> ^ I agree, 3 melees seem perfect.

The Spartans are super soldiers how does 3 melees for a kill sound like a super soldier?

> > ^ I agree, 3 melees seem perfect.
>
> The Spartans are super soldiers how does 3 melees for a kill sound like a super soldier?

That could be taken both ways. They are super soldiers in incredible suits of armor. Why would they die in 3 melees?

> > > ^ I agree, 3 melees seem perfect.
> >
> > The Spartans are super soldiers how does 3 melees for a kill sound like a super soldier?
>
> That could be taken both ways. They are super soldiers in incredible suits of armor. Why would they die in 3 melees?

So now you are saying that it should be more than 3 melees?

> > This is how it should work imo:
> >
> > Your shield answer for 4/5th of the total damage you can take before you die.
> > Health without shield 1/5th. 5/5 is 100%, a fully healthy Spartan. My idea is that a melee hit should cause damage equal to two fifths of a Spartans health + shield.
> >
> > Scenario 1.
> >
> > (Target start on 5/5) Melee hit > 3/5 > Melee hit > 1/5 (no shield left) > Final melee hit > 0/5 > dead.
> >
> > So instead of two lame melee hits right after each other to kill one another there will be 3.
> >
> > Scenario 2.
> >
> > (Target start on 4/5) Melee hit > 2/5 > Final hit > hits through shield and target dies.
> >
> > If the target is however already damaged two melee hits will be enough to kill them.
> >
> > And if they’re no-shield/close to no-shield they will die from a single melee hit. Peace out
>
> How is this different form the Halo reach MLG melee system?

Bleed through? I suggest reading before posting

> > ^ I agree, 3 melees seem perfect.
>
> The Spartans are super soldiers how does 3 melees for a kill sound like a super soldier?

You haven’t noticed the big fat MJOLNIR armor all Spartans are wearing? The one that absorb bullets you know.