Halo 4 Melee System?

I’m hoping Halo 4’s melee system is like Halo 3. I’m not talking about bleed through or double melees I’m literally talking about physically meleeing someone. I find it much harder in Halo: reach to try and hit someone. I ‘mss’ more melees it seems. It felt very smooth in Halo3 while in Reach quite clunky.

Or it could just be me lol

> I’m hoping Halo 4’s melee system is like Halo 3. I’m not talking about bleed through or double melees I’m literally talking about physically meleeing someone. I find it much harder in Halo: reach to try and hit someone. I ‘mss’ more melees it seems. It felt very smooth in Halo3 while in Reach quite clunky.
>
> Or it could just be me lol

i know what you are saying and it does seem harder to hit people in reach. i agree with this post.

No I think I see your logic. I do like the bleed through aswell tho.

I remember Bungie’s justification for removing it… People would run at each other and beat each other down and trade a life for a life. Well the fix really worked.

It’s just you.

No disrespect, it just is a bit harder to melee dudes in Reach since there is less aim assist. Since Halo 2, they’ve been lowering it.

Reach has it the lowest.

EDIT: actually CE has it the lowest.

Everything in Reach is clunky. :wink:

I want Halo 2’s melee system in Halo 4.

> Everything in Reach is clunky. :wink:
>
> I want Halo 2’s melee system in Halo 4.

bxb and bxr included ;D

Reach gave the player a pretty generous lunge and lock on with the lunge.

I know they game designers wouldn’t ever do this, but I would rather have no lunge on the melee to take out that aspect of the game–having it like it was in Halo CE.

> Reach gave the player a pretty generous lunge and lock on with the lunge.
>
> I know they game designers wouldn’t ever do this, but I would rather have no lunge on the melee to take out that aspect of the game–having it like it was in Halo CE.

This. I hate it how almost every player has more melee kills then weapon kills in every match.

I have played alot more Halo 3 recently and in my opinion the melee system is not that good, you can lunge soooooo far…this = not fun

I liked the melee system in the original Halo.

Agreed, but I don’t know about Halo3’s being the solution.

My vote is CE melee, no lunging,it was really skill based. The lunging is every Halo since took away the need to “aim” the melee. In halo 2 &3, it feels like a gurantee melee if someone is anywhere on the screen, almost magnetic lunging. Never particularly liked the fact the a lunge could send you over an edge, or a player could lounge upwards at the height of a jump.

I like the melee system from Halo 3, and dislike the melee system from Halo: Reach. However I do like that it didn’t “home” in Reach unless you were right up next to the person, and since sprint is gonna be in the game I think the range of Reach would be great but with the ease of Halo. So essentially home in but only when you’re in a very close range.

As long as there’s no lung, I could care less over bleed through/Reach absorbs punch shield thing.

> > Reach gave the player a pretty generous lunge and lock on with the lunge.
> >
> > I know they game designers wouldn’t ever do this, but I would rather have no lunge on the melee to take out that aspect of the game–having it like it was in Halo CE.
>
> This. I hate it how almost every player has more melee kills then weapon kills in every match.

I hate having all my shoot outs turn into drunk bar fights.

> > Reach gave the player a pretty generous lunge and lock on with the lunge.
> >
> > I know they game designers wouldn’t ever do this, but I would rather have no lunge on the melee to take out that aspect of the game–having it like it was in Halo CE.
>
> This. I hate it how almost every player has more melee kills then weapon kills in every match.

I agree as well. I mean, this is an FPS, not an FPB.

Make Beatdown/Pummeled worth it’s medal. Right now getting that medal is like getting a trophy just for showing up.

Melees that have NO lunge with Halo 3&2’s strength would do nicely, in my opinion.

Naw naw naw, we need the BXR back and more button combos for combat. Haha, seriously though man, I think it’d be sick if there were to be more melee combat implemented. Like, when you and another person melee each other, you could like mash a couple buttons or some -Yoink- that’d let you beat them instead of both combatants expiring.

I don’t know, I ain’t no game designer!

I want the melee system in Halo: CE, around 3 hits to kill with varying melee speeds and power for each weapon. Also with bleedthrough. It was perfect imo, in Halo 2, melee was too weak, and it wasn’t as useful, and seemed like a Spartan could inflict more damage, and now, it’s too much of a crutch for noobs with two hits- especially those who just run up to you and hit you in Reach.