Halo 4 Matchmaking is not fun: My ideas

Halo 4 matchmaking is no where near as good as halo 3 or halo 2. First of all are the maps. These maps are pretty bad and theres only like 4 slayer maps and there kind of big like complex. 343 should bring back like the pitt, lockout, construct ect. Atleast have forge maps. Also the ordnance drops of weapons on the maps is pretty stupid it should go back to halo 3 and halo 2 where sniper spawns in a certain spot and ect. The last thing is the playlist. 343 needs to have a big update and keep it. They had team snipers for 1 week and got rid of it which is stupid and they should have all maps not just they big ones team snipers was awesome in halo 3 because there was like 15 maps to play. Also some other game types that would be fun is MLG,team double, arena, classic,griftball, action sack, and multi team. Post if you agree with me Thanks :slight_smile:

the only thing 343 cared about was the campaign … they demolished the matchmaking

yeah i agree

definately agree with this post. Team dubs is what I’m hoping for, and weapons that have consistent timers and spawn locations. Added maps with DLC should be good, and once the forgers put theirs in that’d be nice: Hopefully the pit remake/lockout

yeah it will improve matchmaking so much with these simple changes

Amen brothers. They have radically changed Halo. That isn’t thing in the world, but why is that 7 year old game H2 the Halo with all that impressive stat tracking and rankings. Why have these things progressively gotten worse? The Halo series has lost its way.

Halo has lost its way. Lately it seems like they are trying to be more like Call of Duty with the ordinance drops, the load outs and the perks. They need to stop trying to compete with them, focus on what the halo community loves and go back to classic halo 2 and halo 3 matchmaking. I also miss the quality of previous halo multiplayer maps

> Halo has lost its way. Lately it seems like they are trying to be more like Call of Duty with the ordinance drops, the load outs and the perks. They need to stop trying to compete with them, focus on what the halo community loves and go back to classic halo 2 and halo 3 matchmaking. I also miss the quality of previous halo multiplayer maps

I know a lot of people hate on call of duty but I really enjoy it.

If I want to play call of duty though, I will put in my call of duty disc. Have Halo stay as Halo.

> the only thing 343 cared about was the campaign … they demolished the matchmaking

Even then, the campaign had some of the worst story telling I’ve seen in any Halo game to date. There was no drive to move forward. It was just, stop that guy, he’s bad. The villain has to have a pull for the main character to want to end them and 343i failed to give even the slightest reasoning as to why the Didact was someone who needs to be stopped.

Then the play spaces in campaign are just terribly small. If the player isn’t enclosed in a tube, they’re enclosed in a box that has access to a small bit of sky. What happened to decent level design? You know… The designs seen in Halo 1, 2, and 3. Keep to that size. Oh’ and 343i forgot that some players like to explore apparently. You walk three feet out of a doorway and it closes permanently. That’s smart design right there…

Halo 4’s a joke. I won’t even comment on the fail that is Spartan Ops.

Once again, just another complaint thread where your only basis is that it’s not like Halo 2 or 3. Go play those games then.

Halo must evolve to stay alive, just like all games do. You can’t introduce a new game, keep all the same maps and features and expect it to sell.

I find matchmaking more fun than campaign. The campaign experience was very detailed and amazing to look at, but the story lacks substance, the “press a button here” game play is dull, and the challenge was almost non-existent.

> Once again, just another complaint thread where your only basis is that it’s not like Halo 2 or 3. Go play those games then.
>
> Halo must evolve to stay alive, just like all games do. You can’t introduce a new game, keep all the same maps and features and expect it to sell.
>
> I find matchmaking more fun than campaign. The campaign experience was very detailed and amazing to look at, but the story lacks substance, the “press a button here” game play is dull, and the challenge was almost non-existent.

I agree. The campaign was a visual masterpiece. As for the multiplayer, it needs work. 343 just needs to appoint some people who pay attention to the communities needs. I think when the forgers kick in we will be in business

I’m having a blast with matchmaking.

I’m pretty sure anbody who likes the matchmaking were the kids that really sucked at H3 or H2. Since H4 makes it so easy to play and get a kill the really bad kids like it.

> I’m pretty sure anbody who likes the matchmaking were the kids that really sucked at H3 or H2. Since H4 makes it so easy to play and get a kill the really bad kids like it.

And I’m pretty sure that just because someone has a differing opinion than you it doesn’t mean they’re “kids”, whatever you’re trying to imply by that, or bad at the game.

Also, I’ve found that people who refer to others as kids, or childish, to try and invalidate other’s opinions are often kids themselves. Be it in age or maturity.

Which I guess means in this case, I’m a kid. But you get my point.

> Once again, just another complaint thread where your only basis is that it’s not like Halo 2 or 3. Go play those games then.
>
> Halo must evolve to stay alive, just like all games do. You can’t introduce a new game, keep all the same maps and features and expect it to sell.
>
> I find matchmaking more fun than campaign. The campaign experience was very detailed and amazing to look at, but the story lacks substance, the “press a button here” game play is dull, and the challenge was almost non-existent.

Strange how cod dosn’t evolve and yet it outsells pretty much everything, your point is pretty much mute.

Totally agree with you! Im not a fan of a lot of the additions (and omissions) but if the do this both the traditional halo players and the “new generation” can both be happy.

> I’m pretty sure anbody who likes the matchmaking were the kids that really sucked at H3 or H2. Since H4 makes it so easy to play and get a kill the really bad kids like it.

I cant even fahom you even have the audacity to make such a STUPID comment. No.

I have been playing Halo since CE, have played every game since, and played quite my fair share of MLG on Halo 3. You, my friend, are an idiot.

> the only thing 343 cared about was the campaign … they demolished the matchmaking

It certainly feels that way, doesn’t it?

I completely agree OP, plus variety playlists like Team Objective, but first they need to sort out weapon balance, aim assist, spawntimers, map vehicle abundance, perma-scoping and add non-infinity slayer playlists.

Killstreaks have introduced luck to a game that was all about skill. Way to kill the multiplayer aspect of a franchise. If I wanted that, I would’ve bought CoD. I bough Halo for slick, fair and competitive multiplayer action; Halo 4 offers absolutely none of that and yet the community has presented 343i many, many suggestions to rectify the issues we have brought to light… but it’s like talking to a -Yoinking!- brick wall.