Halo 4 matchmaking games are too hard

I am a casual player and I came here just for the sake of this question: Why are nearly all of my matchmaking games so hard? I always go about -5 or even worse sometimes. At first when I played Halo 4 months ago, I didn’t have such a problem. The games were at first Easy to medium. I believe it has something to do with this CSR. It says my CSR is 28 while I’m not. It should be around 22. Please help. My friends also have this problem and say It’s suddenly too hard for them and quit Halo 4.

> I am a casual player and I came here just for the sake of this question: Why are nearly all of my matchmaking games so hard? I always go about -5 or even worse sometimes. At first when I played Halo 4 months ago, I didn’t have such a problem. The games were at first Easy to medium. I believe it has something to do with this CSR. It says my CSR is 28 while I’m not. It should be around 22. Please help. My friends also have this problem and say It’s suddenly too hard for them and quit Halo 4.

Well as you play and do better in games your CSR will go up and you will be teamed up against players closer to your skill. In other words the game isnt getting harder you just started doing better and the rank shows that so the system wont put you against someone who is not as good at the game. HALO is all about skill dude/dudette dont give up just keep grinding and practice with your friends.

Thank you for your answer but Practice? I don’t have time for that. Besides, aren’t video games made for fun?

I agree you shouldn’t have to take this game seriously and should be able to enjoy it regardless of your skill level. It depends on the playlist you are playing . Infinity slayer , Big Team Infinity slayer , griffball , flood , SWAT , and team action sack are probably the more casual playlist . But the more you play and the better you do the more likely you will be matched with someone at your skill level , also it might be you just having some bad games.

> Thank you for your answer but Practice? I don’t have time for that. Besides, aren’t video games made for fun?

lol yea they are for fun but isnt winning fun? and by practice I mean dont expect to win every game you play just learn from them and put those things you learned into practice in the next game :slight_smile:

The only people remaining in the game online are the diehard fans. These diehard fans are naturally tryhard fans as well. That’s why it’s harder now.

> Thank you for your answer but Practice? I don’t have time for that. Besides, aren’t video games made for fun?

Find someone to play on split screen (as guest). Matchmaking system will join you both with people with lesser CSR.

It could be the weapons you use like an automatic weapons because those will get destroyed by a br or carbine user

PLEASE DON’T SAY THESE THINGS OR 343i WILL MAKE HALO 5 MORE ACCESSIBLE

IMO, halo 4 is too easy compared to previous halos .

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This thread is trolling

Winning is fun.

The system isn’t set up to look at how often you play but looks at the quality of your play in consecutive matches regardless of the gap between them. Because you are “casual” it will take longer for you to rank down but also to rank up as it needs a grouping of those consecutive matches to calculate your CSR score.

I don’t know the total number of matches needed to qualify as a valid sample for scoring but I’m sure the guru’s in this forum could tell you that. I have to say I’ve never heard of anyone wanting to have a lower CSR. Most people in this forum would have a coronary to want to lose 6 CSR points just to play less skilled people.

Listen to these guys. Most of them just in this thread alone, excluding me, have years of experience and ARE EXCELLENT players. They may have differing opinions on other issues but they are spot on when it comes to remembering your faults and improving from one game to the next. Whether your casual or not it’s still good advice.

There were many people who played Halo 3 and felt that because of the vagaries of that very complex ranking system that they were rank-locked either too low or, as in my case, way too high. There are always insane little details of any particular system which guarantee that people will either a) not understand how they’re ranked, b) not agree with how they are ranked, or c) all of the above. My answer was always to consciously alter the way I play to see if it has an effect on the numbers. I don’t recommend that path since it will make you crazy. Suddenly the game isn’t about the game anymore, but about trying to manipulate the ranking system. Best advice is: put it out of your mind, keep playing, and as someone else said, eventually your numbers will equalize and you won’t feel like you’re being murdered every time.

> There were many people who played Halo 3 and felt that because of the vagaries of that very complex ranking system that they were rank-locked either too low or, as in my case, way too high. There are always insane little details of any particular system which guarantee that people will either a) not understand how they’re ranked, b) not agree with how they are ranked, or c) all of the above. My answer was always to consciously alter the way I play to see if it has an effect on the numbers. I don’t recommend that path since it will make you crazy. Suddenly the game isn’t about the game anymore, but about trying to manipulate the ranking system. Best advice is: put it out of your mind, keep playing, and as someone else said, eventually your numbers will equalize and you won’t feel like you’re being murdered every time.

What he said. Very well put.

recon hints at a very relevant point. If you have a particularly aggressive pay style, you will tend to be ranked higher than your actual skill level since the CSR system essentially rewards offense without taking into account deaths. So you can continually have objectively bad games against strong competition, but the ranking system believes you are performing well.

Adopting a more conservative play style would potentially help your comparative performance (choosing your fights increases your chances against a superior opponent) and it would result in your CSR trending downwards due to lower scores. This would in turn give you opponents that you are more capable of succeeding against. At least in theory… I don’t like the current ranking system as these sure sound like perverse incentives.

> recon hints at a very relevant point. If you have a particularly aggressive pay style, you will tend to be ranked higher than your actual skill level since the CSR system essentially rewards offense without taking into account deaths. So you can continually have objectively bad games against strong competition, but the ranking system believes you are performing well.
>
> Adopting a more conservative play style would potentially help your comparative performance (choosing your fights increases your chances against a superior opponent) and it would result in your CSR trending downwards due to lower scores. This would in turn give you opponents that you are more capable of succeeding against. At least in theory… I don’t like the current ranking system as these sure sound like perverse incentives.

This is both good advice AND exactly what you shouldn’t have to do. Yes, you should always be asking yourself if tweaks to your game play (or a total overhaul) would give you better results. On the other hand, this is exactly what I spent all of Halo 3 doing and it made me crazy.

In the end the game thinks that certain things are important (look at your medals) and you may decide as I have that some of those things matter and some of them don’t. I’ve boiled it down to k/d. Don’t care about anything else. This is especially advantageous in H4 since you can have a high k/d, but not a lot of triple kills and assassinations and that makes the game think you’re terrible when in fact you are not. So it continues to match you against scrubs and that perpetuates the high k/d. I guess you could say that this is exploiting the system, but I’d be playing this way no matter how the ranking system worked.

>

It sounds like we have very similar play styles and priority. I don’t worry about my k/d so much as try to engage in fights where I think I can get a kill without being killed… not because of k/d but because the sum of you and your teammates’ spreads ends up being the final margin. Trading kills nets effectively nothing for your team.

At the same time, I recognize that 15/11 can be a more beneficial game for your team than 10/4, as the more conservative player may or may not have been hanging his teammates out to dry.

Regardless, the current system can clearly be gamed in either direction without even moving outside acceptable game behavior. That represents a problem imo.

See, this is part of why I don’t like 343i’s decision making.

They implemented a ranking system (which was very much asked for) in such a way that both sides of the spectrum (although polar opposites) were left in such a way that they disliked it.

I mean, many of those players who wanted a ranking system wanted it visible and in game. Those who didn’t want it at all now have no way to get away from it, and are forced into matches of higher skill level as they progress whether they want to or not.

There’s no social slayer to get away from the ranks, and there is no visible way to judge the skill of yourself and those around you.

Both sides got screwed over yet again. I just don’t understand their thought process.

Kudos for adding a ranking system at all however.

> >
>
> It sounds like we have very similar play styles and priority. I don’t worry about my k/d so much as try to engage in fights where I think I can get a kill without being killed… not because of k/d but because the sum of you and your teammates’ spreads ends up being the final margin. Trading kills nets effectively nothing for your team.
>
> At the same time, I recognize that 15/11 can be a more beneficial game for your team than 10/4, as the more conservative player may or may not have been hanging his teammates out to dry.
>
> Regardless, the current system can clearly be gamed in either direction without even moving outside acceptable game behavior. That represents a problem imo.[/quote+
>
> Why would you “trade” kills? 15/11 is more trading kills than 10/4. The 10/4 has almost 3 times less the deaths and only .667 less kills than 15/11. I realize you will get to 100 kills faster with 15/11 but not if your facing a bunch of 10/4’s. Your getting smoked.

> > >
> >
> > Why would you “trade” kills? 15/11 is more trading kills than 10/4. The 10/4 has almost 3 times less the deaths and only .667 less kills than 15/11. I realize you will get to 100 kills faster with 15/11 but not if your facing a bunch of 10/4’s. Your getting smoked.
>
> What?
> Anyway, Can’t we have a social playlist without any CSR involved?
> Oh and BTW, If your calling this a “Troll” thread, your trashing 90% of gamers playing Halo: ‘Casuals’.