Halo 4 Master Chief Sketch

Hey guys, yesterday I found my old sketchbook and decided to draw Master Chief for fun :stuck_out_tongue:

At first it was just a light sketch of the Halo 4 cover art and then I actually really started to like it. I was using my wallpaper backround as a guide for this sketch. I didn’t try very hard but I am pleased with it.

Anyways, It is not coloured and very lightly shaded in only certain areas. I added details if I was unclear of something in the wallpaper and some details were left out,so I guess you can say it’s my own vision of the cover art.

Here it is, just a rough sketch for fun that I did yesterdayI took this picture with my Ipad by the way :p

Oh and i’m just caught up in Halo 4 excitement lately! :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading! What do you think?

> Hey guys, yesterday I found my old sketchbook and decided to draw Master Chief for fun :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> At first it was just a light sketch of the Halo 4 cover art and then I actually really started to like it. I was using my wallpaper backround as a guide for this sketch. I didn’t try very hard but I am pleased with it.
>
> Anyways, It is not coloured and very lightly shaded in only certain areas. I added details if I was unclear of something in the wallpaper and some details were left out,so I guess you can say it’s my own vision of the cover art.
>
> Here it is, just a rough sketch for fun that I did yesterdayI took this picture with my Ipad by the way :p
>
> Oh and i’m just caught up in Halo 4 excitement lately! :slight_smile:
>
> Thanks for reading! What do you think?

Pretty good, actually. Nice work.

My only recommendation is to make the armor more distinguishable.

All in all, keep it up.

Excellent work! :smiley:

You should draw some Halo 4 concept art in the future. :stuck_out_tongue:

> Excellent work! :smiley:
>
> You should draw some Halo 4 concept art in the future. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thankyou :), but I’m not much of an artist ;p

> > Excellent work! :smiley:
> >
> > You should draw some Halo 4 concept art in the future. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Thankyou :), but I’m not much of an artist ;p

Well you can draw 100x better than me and it looks well. Remember, practice makes perfect. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > Excellent work! :smiley:
> > >
> > > You should draw some Halo 4 concept art in the future. :stuck_out_tongue:
> >
> > Thankyou :), but I’m not much of an artist ;p
>
> Well you can draw 100x better than me and it looks well. Remember, practice makes perfect. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah no kidding man you’re at least 100,000 times better than me. My sketch would consist of a stick figure with a backwards L representing the assault rifle.

Good work!

Looks good, keep practicing.

> Looks good, keep practicing.

Thankyou, oh wise one.

shading could use more work… otherwise, keep at it.
i want to give it a shot, bear with me, i’ll post my attempt in about half an hour…

edit: make that some time tomorrow, its like 2 am where i am.

> shading could use more work… otherwise, keep at it.
> i want to give it a shot, bear with me, i’ll post my attempt in about half an hour…

sounds good and yeah it wasnt me trying at all, although if i tried it would probably look the same and after i reached a certain point, i made this thread and havent touched the sketch since.

Sweet! I like it. You can try adding texture by smudging the lines with your finger :wink:

Speaking of art, i’ve been meaning to share mine as well :slight_smile: I likely put more time into mine though xP

FYI the photo was taken at an angle so it seems a little unproportional :stuck_out_tongue:

Please let me know what you think :slight_smile:

http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r543/PA1N71TBLACK/?action=view&current=2012-05-20_20-31-50_198.jpg

> Speaking of art, i’ve been meaning to share mine as well :slight_smile: I likely put more time into mine though xP
>
> FYI the photo was taken at an angle so it seems a little unproportional :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> Please let me know what you think :slight_smile:
>
> http://s1171.photobucket.com/albums/r543/PA1N71TBLACK/?action=view&current=2012-05-20_20-31-50_198.jpg

Yours looks incredible! Halo novel cover worthy i’d say. Way better than mine, and you make me want to put more time into mine.

Thats pretty sick…