Halo 4, massive lag in multiplayer

Hi everyone, since Halo 4 is released I can’t play any game without Lag spike (Spartan Ops, Coop and war games). My friend says that I’m teleporting when I’m moving. However, everything looks fine (everybody in the game move like they are supposed to do and vehicles too), except when the lag spike happen. I tried to play some game on Halo Reach in big team battle and everything is fine, no lag at all. I tried to plug my Xbox directly on my modem and still no change. My speed test are the same with or without router (14 Mbps download, 1 Mbps upload). If anyone can help me with this, it would be really appreciated. I’m going crazy with this.

PS: Sorry if my English is bad! D:

Same here, it’s really, really bad.

Halo and P2P hosting does not go hand in hand so there will always be many games with lag.

I have only had 1 or 2 laggy games out of the nearly 100 ive played…

@Bellsten, it happen in EVERY game (there is no exception) and Halo Reach and 3 are fine.

> Halo and P2P hosting does not go hand in hand so there will always be many games with lag.

Actually, the Reach network model was great. H4 seems like they reverted almost all the way back to H3’s really crappy networking, just with some guns now being hitscan.

So, nobody else has this problem?

The problem is your connection, not Halo servers. My games have been fine.

And how can you explain that Halo Reach and EVERY other game are fine?

BTW, still playing BF3 on PC (64 player and there is no lag)

I think you’re the only one halo 4 lucky player who is not experiencing lag. Had to go back to reach because of all this lag issue

> The problem is your connection, not Halo servers. My games have been fine.

-Yoink-!
the host is the problem and this model of multiplayer without serverhosting.

the last three days it hoorrible to play a good game without lags.
and i think that the us-player have a good connection, because 343i and MS prefer them. thats MY opinion.

I get the occasional lag spike, especially in BTB.

Halo 4 have no dedicated servers at the moment, and probably won’t for quite some time.

Its not a matter of preference with 343.Its because the majority of players live in the US, so based on amount of US players in lobby the system will most likely pick a host in the US.

You are lagging like that because the lag time between you and the host is considerable which causes this effect.Like if get a host close to where i live my connection will be very good, but the farther away the host is from me, the worse my lag gets and vice versa.

This is the problem with P2P and host type multiplayer, i really really hope 343 will have dedicated servers for halo 5 and test them in halo 4’s BTB since that is where lag can be the worst due to amount of players and things happening at once.

With dedicated servers it wont matter where you live in the world, your connection will be based on your connection and not at the mercy of a random unknown host.

Gears of War 3 has dedicated servers, if you want to see how a dedicated server holds up in multiplayer that would be a great way to compare for difference.

> 2533274863005101;15:
> Its not a matter of preference with 343.Its because the majority of players live in the US, so based on amount of US players in lobby the system will most likely pick a host in the US.
>
> You are lagging like that because the lag time between you and the host is considerable which causes this effect.Like if get a host close to where i live my connection will be very good, but the farther away the host is from me, the worse my lag gets and vice versa.
>
> This is the problem with P2P and host type multiplayer, i really really hope 343 will have dedicated servers for halo 5 and test them in halo 4’s BTB since that is where lag can be the worst due to amount of players and things happening at once.
>
> With dedicated servers it wont matter where you live in the world, your connection will be based on your connection and not at the mercy of a random unknown host.
>
> Gears of War 3 has dedicated servers, if you want to see how a dedicated server holds up in multiplayer that would be a great way to compare for difference.

But, in other games, example : Warface, have dedicated servers only to US, and other countries, and,i live on Brazil, but the coop(warface coop),have 5 players, and dont have lag, and IS A FREE GAME, Halo 4, is a game very famous, and have lag =C, Sorrybut need more dedication…Please, launch an update about it, its really fun to play cooperative mode of the game

Halo 4 haven’t got dedicated server so the game lag verry much (mainly in btb)

This is weird when I play swat specifically the map abandon i lag so much really wierd

I lag just trying to play BTB, the lag is very terrible.

> 2533274961317993;18:
> This is weird when I play swat specifically the map abandon i lag so much really wierd

It did that for me as well, kinda starting to hate Halo 4.