Halo 4 Marines Like or Not

I am interested to know whether people like the halo 4 marines or prefer the older marines
Personally I like the Halo 4 marines because of their armour.
Do you like the ‘New’ Armour
Or do you like the ‘Old Armour’
If you like the old armour which game do you like it from

The old ones…

new ones copy CoD Ghost… what a surprise.

I like the old ones better, the new armour looks too sci-fi for me :L

Don’t know what that guys mentioning Ghost for but hey ho.

I don’t like the plain Marines but I do like the Green ones with facemasks.

I want to know why the news one wear SOOOO much white…

It’s like there was some sort of error at the factory where they make their armor and it got stuck on “Snow camo.”

Older armor looked better.

Halo 3 Marines for general design, Halo Wars Marines for futuristic appearance.

Their AI is a little bit improved but they are still not very good.

I don’t like their armor at all. They run around in rainbow superhero uniforms. What the hell? Even the ones that resemble the old armor are way too extravagant. There are also no ODSTs seen in game (at least in uniform) and all the Spartan-IVs in game have black armor with a different secondary.

It all adds up to marines wearing extravagant and non-uniformed armor, no ODSTs in game with armor on, and little color/armor variety in Spartan-IV’s.

The older ones had a bigger “Sci Fi” feel to them for me. Heck… in a way they even looked like Starship Troopers xD. The new ones, look pretty cool… but look to much like spec ops clothing from today’s games like CoD. Heck, it even looks like some teenager wanted to look cool and put it on.

Actually now that I think about it I kinda miss the old marines

old ones, more unique, in halo 4 they are very, almost pointless, they have spartan IV’s which all look the same, ODST’s dont exsist, and the marines we have look nothing like how they did originally

> The older ones had a bigger “Sci Fi” feel to them for me. Heck… in a way they even looked like Starship Troopers xD. The new ones, look pretty cool… but look to much like spec ops clothing from today’s games like CoD. Heck, it even looks like some teenager wanted to look cool and put it on.

I think you and I are about the only ones who put the Starship Troopers reference towards Halo. Everytime I fire a wraith, I cant help but think of the big bugs. I really wanted to see a spartan ops mission where there are thousands of grunts swarming over the battlefield, i mean thousands!

OT:
I found them to be a pain in the butt when trying to keep them alive for the acheevo. They kept rushing like a bunch of fools right into the swords of knights. I like the spartans design, but they too were not really all that helpful. 343i should have hired Ray Kurzweil, you know the grandfather of AI to provide insight on how they should behave.

I like these guys, the Marines you seen in most of the cutscenes. It’d be a cool helmet for multiplayer if there was a whole visor that covered the face.

The thing is, every Marine is wearing completely random sets of armour from the looks of it (just look at the Marines at the beginning of Shutdown). The only time I’ve seen all the Marines wearing matching armour is the first time you fight alongside them on the mission Infinity and on
Composer, where they all wear black armour.

I like the Green one with the facemask. I heard you get them every time with the Thunderstorm skull.

EDIT: Thunderstorm didn’t seem to make all of the Marines on Shutdown the Green fully armored ones.

Also, I just assume the ones with different armor are from different branches:

Green with the facemask and the white armored ones: Marines

Green-ish and tan-ish ones with the little gold visor but still exposed face (They also have a backpack): Army

The ones with the Black armor (Mostly on Composer): Security Guards

For looks sure the new marines looks good.
But when i think of marines in halo i think of all the fun cool things they say.

In halo 3, when your in the tank and the you hear the marine shout
" tank beats ghost, tank beats hunter, tank beats everything" yeh its things like that , that make you remember cool moments and smile while playing halo.
So many cool marine lines in halo 1-3 , even more with the right skulls on. Also they spoke loud enough so you could hear them while fireing your weapons.

Thats the biggest problem in h4, the weapon audio is so loud that you cant hear maries say stuff half the time and when they do its more kinda normal lines than funny , or hell yeh lines of old. This started with reach when they tried to make halo more serious.
Thats fine and all but when you go back to replay levels over and over you want to hear marines say fun cool new things. There are so many lines of diolog for marines in h3 that you can still go back now and hear somthing new and funny.

I really hope halo 5 brings back more diolog for marines. So because of this id have to say halo 3 marines are the best for the amout of diolog and funny lines they come up with.

Halo 3 quote from marines http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sws9r9i2v38

I like them.

I noticed on Infinity that when their dead bodies are hit, the splatter biofoam. Nice touch.

I like their driving for the most part.

> I don’t like the plain Marines but I do like the Green ones with facemasks.

+1

The green face mask one sort of resemble the old style, but the white guys just look silly. They dont look like marines, they look like pilots from some old sci-fi movie.

The old halo marines look very starship trooperish, but I dug them.

They are just not as memorable as past Marines, Like Chips Dubbo…

No. The marines in Halo 4 and Reach looked horrible.

> No. The marines in Halo 4 and Reach looked horrible.

At least in Reach they looked like ACTUAL soldiers.

In Halo 4, they look like they came right out of a low-budget sci-fi flick. Seriously, its the 26th century and all the UNSC has to protect their servicemen and woman is a Kevlar Vest and a custodian’s jumpsuit?