Halo 4 Marines/Allies

So this is more of an idea for 343, quite a simple one.

There is nothing more satisfying then giving a marine a rocket launcher and then getting him in the passengers seat of a warthog and watching him demolish everything along with the gunner in back. It makes you feel like your driving a vehicle of pure destruction and mayhem. HOWEVER, it ends there, once the guy takes to many shots he dies, just like the rest of your allies.

So my idea, introduce a ‘leveling’ scheme for the marines that help you out, nothing drastic, afterall it’s an FPS not a RPG. But within ‘Reach’ we were introduced to the idea of being able to have marines on our team. Not many noticed the effects of this because…well like all other marines within the game they are limited and on legendary they die as soon as it heats up. Don’t get me wrong, I understand they are simply mortals and you are a uber trained and geared super warrior.

Just would be cool if that little team that you recruited actually improved, so when you do get a guy in the side of your warthog, or hauling -Yoink- up behind you, he gets slightly more accurate or faster or even better at evading incoming fire, making it that little more interesting to try to keep them alive. Just to see just how helpful they can become.

Anyway that’s my idea, I don’t know if any one has mentioned it before, but I welcome any ideas from everyone on this idea, and I hope 343 take it into consideration, would be awesome

But they are trained marines, they don’t need to level up or improve. That’s what combat drills and basic training is for. I dunno, i won’t dismiss your idea but that’s my thoughts.

Sounds like an RTS kind of thing your aiming for. The more kills they get, the better they do at their jobs. The problem is though that the AI can die fast on higher difficulties, making leveling impossible. Unless was something like Ghost Recon where you have specific squad mates that you can give orders to and have the game revolve around that. Just throwing that out there.

lol

once again

who says theres gonna be UNSC/marines in halo 4, same with covenant.

there might not be which i think is the correct answer

> lol
>
> once again
>
> who says theres gonna be UNSC/marines in halo 4, same with covenant.
>
> there might not be which i think is the correct answer

There has to be UNSC if 343 aren’t a bunch of drooling people.

He might have a point about there not being any marines, after all, the master chief is in an unknown location. Blind jumps where made and it was never stated that they new the actual whereabouts that the gate on earth took them, they simply knew it took them to the ark. So UNSC may never arrive…Only 343 knows the truth on that matter

But yeah I get where your coming from on the marines not surviving on legendary, they in fact never seem to make it past the first encounter of enemies on that setting.

I just like the idea of a following marine with three shiny stars besides his name, able to take and deal more damage. Making them for once, a truly useful asset which will drive you to protect them and in return have them help you kick -Yoink-

I think it’s a great idea.

I am good if the marines are similar to how they were in Halo 1, they actually seemed weaker than the player and they were somewhat intelligent.

Your idea is interesting but it wouldn’t be that realistic at all. I reckon it would be better if the marines had a preferred weapon and a hated weapon. Similar to you as a player, for instance you might prefer the needler so therefore you are really good with the weapon and you may hate the AR so therefore you are almost useless with it. The same should apply to the marines.

It should be random to as which weapons they prefer/hate. However, I reckon the chance of a certain weapon being picked should be based how much you use certain weapons in multiplayer. I currently use the Magnum 22% of the time, so therefore the Magnum has a 22% chance of being the preferred weapon for a marine.

Its possibly been a few years after the Cheif went into Cryo… so maybe the UNSC have picked up the beacon, and will arrive near the end of the game? OR in a legendary ending? Or they arrive shortly after the Cheif “lands” and helps him out cause their ship gets destroyed or something? We just won’t know until its revealed and Halo 4 is out.

> Its possibly been a few years after the Cheif went into Cryo… so maybe the UNSC have picked up the beacon, and will arrive near the end of the game? OR in a legendary ending? Or they arrive shortly after the Cheif “lands” and helps him out cause their ship gets destroyed or something? We just won’t know until its revealed and Halo 4 is out.

thier near the edge of the galaxy, and the UNSC is pretty much on the other side of the galaxy and by the time the beacon travels to the UNSC, master chief would be dead by old age.