Halo 4 maps: Please do not make Kthulu angry

Let’s be honest- 90% of the community just wants re-skinned Lockout and Zanzibar. But then again, 90% of the community play Halo part-time. And not for excessive hours and days like the Halo -Yoinks!- we (I) am. So- I suggest that with the new Halo 4 maps, you add new topography elements not seen before. An example of would be a Quake map. On quake, every map utilizes rocket jumping and Accelerating. I thnink some Halo maps should utilize simple tricks like Quake does- crouch jumping, grenade jumps (PLEASE MAKE THEM EASIER THAN CE, THEY WERE GOD AWFULLY UN-PREDICTABLE), and anything else a simple Halo player would know. Also, bring back grav lifts for gods sakes. Make Halo more of an arcade shooter with realistic elements and you have a gem in your hands. Oh and one more thing, theme maps a little better (Like this map, Japanese Castles.

“Accelerating” is called strafe jumping, brew. It’s not so much that maps utilise rjs and strafe jumping as it is players rj and strafe jump in 'em. Also -Yoink!- is hardly a well themed map <>, but I digress.

Lockout was loved so much because it did embrace (though accidentally) Halo’s little movement “tricks”. I too would like a larger emphasis on this for H4’s maps, it just adds that much more depth and re-playability to the map.

> “Accelerating” is called strafe jumping, brew. It’s not so much that maps utilise rjs and strafe jumping as it is players rj and strafe jump in 'em. Also -Yoink!- is hardly a well themed map <>, but I digress.
>
> Lockout was loved so much because it did embrace (though accidentally) Halo’s little movement “tricks”. I too would like a larger emphasis on this for H4’s maps, it just adds that much more depth and re-playability to the map.

I hardly ever play quake, and am not used to it’s terms, so I just copy/pasta the training words for it :wink: thanks for the correction. I like JapCastle, and by theme I mean relative feel of the map. The more Alien it is to the player, the better the theme usually. I think this is where Reach’s maps got boring. They didn’t have the umph that the rest had; I get it.

> “Accelerating” is called strafe jumping, brew. It’s not so much that maps utilise rjs and strafe jumping as it is players rj and strafe jump in 'em. Also -Yoink!- is hardly a well themed map <>, but I digress.
>
> Lockout was loved so much because it did embrace (though accidentally) Halo’s little movement “tricks”. I too would like a larger emphasis on this for H4’s maps, it just adds that much more depth and re-playability to the map.

Map movement definitely needs more emphasis in Halo 4. It’s the most underutilized gameplay element of Halo this far. Lockout was the best map to utilize movement, but could have done it much better. I want Halo 4 maps to have true three dimensionality in them, jumps that when known give the player a huge movement advantages to the player.

While the movement itself in Halo has never been the best out of FPS games (Quake for example does it much better) Halo still has its own unique style that can be used creatively. For example, I have forged a map in Reach that supports quite a few jumps and routes that aren’t exactly evident but allow a player who knows the routes have an advantage when playing against otherwise as skilled player. I’m quite happy with the movement on the map, far more happy than with most other Halo maps. And if I can pull it off, 343i should be able to do it much better.