Halo 4 - maps maps maps

The title says it all. Well, in a broad sense.

The question I’m asking you guys is what kind of maps you hope to see in Halo 4. These are any cool or not so cool, -__- ideas that you can think of. Now, fall back into the recesses of your imagination (or heart) and tell us what you want.

Map Categories (to name a few)

Remakes: You know what these are yais

Spin-Offs: Maybe you liked the idea if a particular map in a previous Halo game but would enjoy seeing it grow into something greater.

New to Halo: Like for instance a trip to good ole futuristic Alaska, high up in the mountains where the wind always whistles and the wolves always howl… brrrr!

Other parts of the Universe: You want a vacation to the Planet Harvest? Be my guest.

Environments: You know, frozen tundras, foggy MOIST forests, parched deserts, wet and rainy mountain side? Idk, let us know.

For me, I think a big ole forest similar to where the Ewoks live would be pretty cool… but of course it’s in Halo form.

Whatchu guys thinkn?

Remakes: Obviously some new version of Blood Gulch (this could be in spin offs, but maybe a remake of containment instead?), A sandtrap remake, a water works remake, or a
Relic remake.

Spin-Offs: New Guardian/ Lockout type of map, new Midship type of map, new Beaver Creek type.

New: Anything really, preferably more generic/basic scenery with less focus on “what looks cool”

Other: Idk

Environments: Maybe a map with a theme like the Delta Halo level from Halo 2, i.e. Old broken structures and jungle/plantlife. I think this would work really well with a Sandtrap, Waterworks, or Relic remake.

> Remakes: Obviously some new version of Blood Gulch (this could be in spin offs, but maybe a remake of containment instead?), A sandtrap remake, a water works remake, or a
> Relic remake.
>
> Spin-Offs: New Guardian/ Lockout type of map, new Midship type of map, new Beaver Creek type.
>
> New: Anything really, preferably more generic/basic scenery with less focus on “what looks cool”
>
> Other: Idk
>
> Environments: Maybe a map with a theme like the Delta Halo level from Halo 2, i.e. Old broken structures and jungle/plantlife. I think this would work really well with a Sandtrap, Waterworks, or Relic remake.

No Blood Gulch remake. That map is tired and boring. I love the sound of a Relic remake though. <3

I definitely want to see varied environments. That always keeps things fresh.

As long as there NOT JUST GRAY LAGGY MAPS …

I donthave much in put but from the looks of the few we have seen im pumped…

> No Blood Gulch remake. That map is tired and boring.

Blasphemy! Blood Gulch is an iconic map and has always been a fan favourite. probably the only balanced and even BTB map in halo.

> > No Blood Gulch remake. That map is tired and boring.
>
> Blasphemy! Blood Gulch is an iconic map and has always been a fan favourite. probably the only balanced and even BTB map in halo.

I’m sure 343 will have their own spiritual successor or remake of it. It’s so classic.

I want 3 remakes from Halo 2 and a map editor so I can remake the rest. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont want any more remakes. However, a blood gulch esque map would have to be in the map.

All I want are maps that work well with the mechanics of the game. A lot of maps in Reach were terrible because they didn’t play well, not that they were bad maps. I will be happy if the maps play well in H4.

I would have to say that it would be a good idea to make most of the default maps new with maybe 1 or 2 remakes. Some of the remakes from previous Halo games that I would LOVE to see are:

From Halo 2:
-Relic
-Terminal
-Gemini
-Colossus
-Burial Mounds
-Lockout
-Ascension
-Zanzibar
-Coagulation (Not Blood Gulch or Valhalla)

From Halo 3:
-Guardian
-Construct
-The Pit
-Citadel
-High Ground
-Standoff

I am fully aware that most of these will not be in Halo 4, but to see some of them return would be a HUGE plus to the game. Please feel free to post your favorite maps that you would like to return for Halo 4 below.

> > No Blood Gulch remake. That map is tired and boring.
>
> Blasphemy! Blood Gulch is an iconic map and has always been a fan favourite. probably the only balanced and even BTB map in halo.

valhalla says hi

I hope 343 go easy on the grey space platforms.

More lively or varied environmental ideas. Some jungle, desert and snow, night time map or one that starts at dusk, ends at dawn during the multi player match, causing weird plant life to light the way at dawn, changing tactics as people lurk in the shadows or get mistaken for the disturbed bright plant life or obscured by the sun or suns rays going down on the horizon. There is so many things you could do to make maps different instead of being so bland and static. Not like it would be game breaking either. Subtle.

We’ve had enough all grey forerunner and military bases. You can’t escape it being Halo but when the whole map is just one thing, it’s pretty tiresome after five games!

The two maps they unveiled recently couldn’t have been more dull. We’ve seen it all before. Got to mix it up a little but as long as the other maps are varied then it will lessen my disappointment in the map design.

New Halo game after all. Surprise us with your skills rather than more of the same.