Halo 4, map creator

If you’ve ever played more than one games’ map creator/editor like Far Cry 2’s (ubisoft games), or perhaps Halo Custom Edition’s or even Reach’s Forge mode, you notice each system has a step-by-step map creating system which greatly varies between games.

I believe if 343i puts the time and effort into it, they can create a revolutionary map making system which any gamer would be able to use. I have created an outline of a system that might be just what the map making community is looking for.

Step 1. Choose a Planet in which you create your map on. This would mainly cause changes in the skybox, day, night, etc.

Example of step 1

Step 2. Choose your terrain to build on. Choose from such things as grasslands, ice-lands, desertscape, etc.

Step 3. A simple step, rain (on or off). We saw rain in ODST and it really added a new element of the gaming environment in the Halo 'verse.

Examples for steps 2 and 3

Step 4. You can’t just have a flat map, you need hills and valleys. But we don’t always want the same hills, like in Forge World, so why can’t we just create our own?

Example for step 4

Step 5. After the core map is created, the classic style of forging would be used for spawning, bases, weapons, etc.

Example for step 5

That’s about it, but if this was implemented into an upcoming Halo game I am sure the majority of the community would be very pleased.

Let me know what you guys think!

I approve of this message.

343, lease listen to your community. You know that this is a great idea. Even if forge has to be on another disc, do it, as long as you make it awesome.

You are in charge of the Halo Universe. Go beyond Forge!

I replied to you on the flood. But still this is a GREAT idea.
I approve

Yeah that would be cool

/bnet

Thanks for the support of the idea

> I replied to you on the flood. But still this is a GREAT idea.
> I approve

Greatly appreciate the post

> Yeah that would be cool
>
> /bnet

YES ! I love FC 2

> YES ! I love FC 2

I think if 343i were to replicate a map-making system like FC’s in the new Halo trilogy, the games would just fly off the shelves.

I highly agree with this post. We need a more hardcore map editor. I would also like it so you can add your own pictures to put on the maps like with stickers in LittleBigPlanet.

Hm, interesting idea. But i’m sure plenty of people would abuse the system with inappropriate images.

> I highly agree with this post. We need a more hardcore map editor. I would also like it so you can add your own pictures to put on the maps like with stickers in LittleBigPlanet.

you should also be able to make the map in space if you wanted to, have different looks of the blocks and buildings such as forunner, UNSC, rusted, covenant, normal, sand ruins etc., and choose the scenery like a repeated building pattern if you were to create a city so it could look better, or endless hills and mountains, etc. add dead bodies for dramatic effect, and most important… NO BUDGET OR CERTAIN AMOUNT OF EACH OBJECT. Great idea btw.