Halo 4 "Making of a Hero" Vidoc is a lie.

Check this out. 343 likes to lie to us and make their game look better in Vidocs and then REMOVE things or replace them with something worse.
Bungie did this as well in the, “Et tu, brute?” Vidoc

MAKING OF A HERO VIDOC

You hear voice segments in this video that never made it to the game! I cannot describe how much I hate this.
Remember in the first level of Halo 4 when you press RB to kill that elite, your very first kill of the game, you punch him and throw him into the depths of the Foward unto Dawn? I never hear Cortana say, “You know you don’t have to wait till the last minute just to impress me, right?”. THAT WAS NEVER IN THE GAME
Watch this video

Go to 9:55 and she says that. It’s like false advertising to make a game look better in videos and then take things out. Not cool at all.

Oh, another voice segment I noticed that never made it to the Final game. THIS REALLY MAKES ME HATE 343.
GO to this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swo9l8OcWCQ
Now at 2:26, you hear Cortana say, " I’m not doing this for mankind" in a really dark, almost scary voice.
Ok, now hear the video of the ending of the game(SPOILERS). When cortana grabs the Didact she says, “I’m not doing this for mankind” at 3:46. BUT IT SOUNDS HORRIBLE COMPARED TO THE OTHER AUDIO LOG. I DON’T GET IT AT ALL. She says it like some stupid little girl in the actual ending, but in the vidoc she sounds angry, with so much more emotion. I really hate you for that 343. I do.

You liars 343. I am so disappointed.

Really? please tell me you are joking.

If not then you must get annoyed at such small things.

They were probably cut from the game. Loads of games do this.

You’ve never seen a movie trailer before either, have you?

> Really? please tell me you are joking.
>
> If not then you must get annoyed at such small things.
>
> They were probably cut from the game. Loads of games do this.

Every game does this.
I don’t know a single game that hasn’t cut something out at one point or another.

What?

EVERY game and movie does this.

Did you cry when you first got on Earth in Halo 2 and realized it wasn’t the same as the E3 demo?

Its not 343i’s fault, more of Microsoft. Budget cuts and general cuts always happen. The Elites in Halo CE never had shield gauntlets like they did in the trailer. There were supposed to be entire other missions in Halo 2 that were cut. Weapons, abilities, levels, characters, everything. Why are you whining about something as subtle as this, when it happens every time?

The developers and producers aren’t trying to screw you over. In fact when some people talk about the development stage, a lot of them will tapk about something they wish wasn’t cut. “That level was so fun” “that gun was so awesome to use, too bad it was cut”.

Some people… this is pathetic. Seriously, now you’re just trying to find a way to bash 343i?

Arsentic you so cray cray!!

> What?
>
> Its not 343i’s fault, more of Microsoft. Budget cuts and general cuts always happen.

“We got a blank cheque from Microsoft”
-343industries

I remember my first movie/game trailer.

It’s their game, things change. You can’t expect a pre-release video to reflect the final product.

Hmmm, didn’t your parents teach you not to believe everything you see/read on the net.
Something could be true, or a lie… then again it could look like one or the other but be the opposite…
Some ppl will just believe what they want to, either to get their hopes up, or to put something to shame.

The one thing that does annoy me about the “Making of Halo 4” videos is that they had such good music that never showed up in the game or on the soundtrack… I mean, why go through that effort for stuff that won’t ever show up? Honestly… The “Return of the Forerunners” ViDoc had some really Halo-esque music at the end that never appeared, which is a real shame.

Want to watch something funny. Watch the very first teaser trailer for Reach when Carter looked like a balding Math teacher. Thing change when they are still working on it.

> > What?
> >
> > Its not 343i’s fault, more of Microsoft. Budget cuts and general cuts always happen.
>
> “We got a blank cheque from Microsoft”
> -343industries

They also had a time schedule to release a game in holiday 2012.

Your point?

> > > What?
> > >
> > > Its not 343i’s fault, more of Microsoft. Budget cuts and general cuts always happen.
> >
> > “We got a blank cheque from Microsoft”
> > -343industries
>
> They also had a time schedule to release a game in holiday 2012.
>
> Your point?

Okay firstly. They DID release a game in the holiday 2012 so not sure why you thought that was relevent when my quote was directed at something else.

My point was that arguing that most of Halo 4’s shortcomings were due to Microsoft would be a tad dishonest considering that from everything that 343i have said (From the Rod to Halo 4 vidoc to the ten minute making of vidocs) was that Microsoft have actually been suprisingly supportive of 343i in terms of resources and funding.

> > > > What?
> > > >
> > > > Its not 343i’s fault, more of Microsoft. Budget cuts and general cuts always happen.
> > >
> > > “We got a blank cheque from Microsoft”
> > > -343industries
> >
> > They also had a time schedule to release a game in holiday 2012.
> >
> > Your point?
>
> Okay firstly. They DID release a game in the holiday 2012 so not sure why you thought that was relevent when my quote was directed at something else.
>
> My point was that arguing that most of Halo 4’s shortcomings were due to Microsoft would be a tad dishonest considering that from everything that 343i have said (From the Rod to Halo 4 vidoc to the ten minute making of vidocs) was that Microsoft have actually been suprisingly supportive of 343i in terms of resources and funding.

You can have all the money you could have. But if you do not have the time and people to , money won’t do you any good.

Throwing a lot of money at the problem won’t fix it. You need time and people as well. 343 got people and money. To fix the problems, they need time, which is something many forum goers forget.

Remember the very first Halo 3 trailer with Chief watching from the cliffside as the portal to the Ark opens up? Yeah that was pretty epic.

It was pretty good in the final game but the sense of epicness was lacking from that trailer. Cortana gave that “This is the way the world ends” line but that epic " I am your shield, i am your sword. I know you, your past, your future" was missing from the final game. By your logic, that trailer was a lie because the content was not there.

Or in Halo Reach. Carter looks much different in the final game and the introduction cutscene is less epic and memorable compared to the reveal trailer shown on Spike. No looming invasion or thunderstorms, no Jorge making a reference to Pegasi, or the Noble Team theme playing. That too must be a lie because how dare Bungie lie to us by giving us different content than what was seen in the trailer!

I can play this game too OP. I can be that nit-picky, overly whiny fanboy as well. God forbid that developers and movie/televsion makers cut content from whatever they produce without some opinionated fan holding them at gun point for doing so. This has happened for years, so why nit-pick now?

> You can have all the money you could have. But if you do not have the time and people to , money won’t do you any good.
>
> Throwing a lot of money at the problem won’t fix it. You need time and people as well. 343 got people and money. To fix the problems, they need time, which is something many forum goers forget.

True money isnt always a garuntee of quality .

However I would remind you that according to 343i themselves Halo 4 has been in developement for 4 year plus most the content that we actually see was outsourced to 2 or 3 ccompanies,with most of the assserts from Halo Reach being air lifted into Halo 4 and with Halo 4 only running on a modified version of the reach engine.

So as much as I would like to give 343i the benefit of the doubt and give Microsoft the blame I really cant logically speaking.

I can’t believe the length of some of the replies here. You honestly think the OP is serious?

When something is the making of…its the making of. Part of this making is also cutting/changing things.

Also, the halo 2 trailers/vids all show a MUCH different game than halo 2 was.

Dude, Halo 2 had to get several MISSIONS cut from the game to make it to release day. Calm it down, bro. Just because some lines didn’t make it doesn’t mean you have to fuss about it. Now, I really would’ve liked seeing some of the stuff that got cut from Halo 2, like the missions that got cut, and the Dreadnaught flood.