Halo 4 Magnum/Grenade Luncher

First of all, I do not speak English so sorry for some mistakes.

Well, I was thinking the other day About the Magnum / Grenade Launcher that appeared in the Trailer of Halo 4 and came to my mind some of leaked information about Halo 4 from a user of Bungie.

There said that we can customize our weapons in middle of a combat.

If this is true, the magnum we saw in the trailer is the proof, so we can use it as a normal Magnum but pressing a button maybe we will be able to convert it into a grenade launcher.

What do you think?

Again sorry if you found some mistakes xD

if there is customization of weapons i am done with halo.

Wow that sounds cool to me. I know I can’t wait to see what they do and how they change things. In my opinion change is good, even if a little unsettling at first.

Oh and by the way, no worries your post was fine. Hope to see you posting more. :slight_smile:

<4

Hearsay is not the best proof…
The pistol does not really look like a Magnum.

> if there is customization of weapons i am done with halo.

Oh really…why? That’s too bad. If it does happen I hope you change your mind.

<4

It looked similar to the pistol, but also different. If anything I think it’s going to be the replacement for the grenade launcher, or, instead of using grenades by themselves you can attach them onto the front of the pistol instead of just throwing them?

I don’t really know, but I don’t think there is going to be customization in the middle of gameplay other than the latter possibility that I listed.

> if there is customization of weapons i am done with halo.

Then you might as well say good bye now. With your attitude, I’m pretty sure there’s something you won’t like.

> Wow that sounds cool to me. I know I can’t wait to see what they do and how they change things. In my opinion change is good, even if a little unsettling at first.
>
> Oh and by the way, no worries your post was fine. Hope to see you posting more. :slight_smile:
>
> <4

IMO, change can be good, even if unsettling at first, but only if it works. If it’s done sloppily, just for the sake of change, or doesn’t work with the formula, it’s a bad change and shouldn’t have been made in the first place.

NO way thats a pistol attachment. If you go frame by frame in the trailer. When the thing releases the attachment. The back end stands up and chief pushes it down. Also I’m starting to think its not a grenade, but almost like it shoots liquid nitrogen when it explodes or some kind ice like matierial and it dissolves the door.

Do we still get the old grenade launcher? Greatest weapon ever. of all time.

> NO way thats a pistol attachment. If you go frame by frame in the trailer. When the thing releases the attachment. The back end stands up and chief pushes it down. Also I’m starting to think its not a grenade, but almost like it shoots liquid nitrogen when it explodes or some kind ice like matierial and it dissolves the door.

Ice weapon!

> > if there is customization of weapons i am done with halo.
>
> Oh really…why? That’s too bad. If it does happen I hope you change your mind.
>
> <4

Its not a bad thing but it shows that they are trying to copy from other games ie Crysis 2, CoD, which really pisses me off. Halo has never had attachments, why would it now?

> > NO way thats a pistol attachment. If you go frame by frame in the trailer. When the thing releases the attachment. The back end stands up and chief pushes it down. Also I’m starting to think its not a grenade, but almost like it shoots liquid nitrogen when it explodes or some kind ice like matierial and it dissolves the door.
>
> Ice weapon!

It would be kinda cool.

> > > if there is customization of weapons i am done with halo.
> >
> > Oh really…why? That’s too bad. If it does happen I hope you change your mind.
> >
> > <4
>
> Its not a bad thing but it shows that they are trying to copy from other games ie Crysis 2, CoD, which really pisses me off. Halo has never had attachments, why would it now?

I really sort of doubt 343 would do such a thing. They really are big fans of halo, and I don’t think they’d do something as drastic as that on the game that’s going to help many to decide on whether to trust them or claim halo is dead and never buy it again, or at least I hope they don’t.

> NO way thats a pistol attachment. If you go frame by frame in the trailer. When the thing releases the attachment. The back end stands up and chief pushes it down. Also I’m starting to think its not a grenade, but almost like it shoots liquid nitrogen when it explodes or some kind ice like matierial and it dissolves the door.

Right, I forgot about that back part. Maybe it’s an alternate firing mode on an all new pistol though? I don’t know. I just threw the idea out there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also I found video on youtube a little while back and the guy does a wonderful job of trying to remake the gun. With what he can see in the trailer. Take a look :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkwyEmd2Vo0

The only thing I dont like about the design is the handle I think is really off.

> > > > if there is customization of weapons i am done with halo.
> > >
> > > Oh really…why? That’s too bad. If it does happen I hope you change your mind.
> > >
> > > <4
> >
> > Its not a bad thing but it shows that they are trying to copy from other games ie Crysis 2, CoD, which really pisses me off. Halo has never had attachments, why would it now?
>
> I really sort of doubt 343 would do such a thing. They really are big fans of halo, and I don’t think they’d do something as drastic as that on the game that’s going to help many to decide on whether to trust them or claim halo is dead and never buy it again, or at least I hope they don’t.

Remember that is an idea from the leaked information that maybe isnt real.

So dont worry until we have official information.

> > > > > if there is customization of weapons i am done with halo.
> > > >
> > > > Oh really…why? That’s too bad. If it does happen I hope you change your mind.
> > > >
> > > > <4
> > >
> > > Its not a bad thing but it shows that they are trying to copy from other games ie Crysis 2, CoD, which really pisses me off. Halo has never had attachments, why would it now?
> >
> > I really sort of doubt 343 would do such a thing. They really are big fans of halo, and I don’t think they’d do something as drastic as that on the game that’s going to help many to decide on whether to trust them or claim halo is dead and never buy it again, or at least I hope they don’t.
>
> Remember that is an idea from the leaked information that maybe isnt real.
>
> So dont worry until we have official information.

To be fair though, the Tom Morello pics and info that were leaked early on turned out real, and while I don’t think this is real, we can’t be too sure either way I guess.

> IMO, change can be good, even if unsettling at first, but only if it works. If it’s done sloppily, just for the sake of change, or doesn’t work with the formula, it’s a bad change and shouldn’t have been made in the first place.

I agree, but I don’t think that will be an issue with 343i in any way.

> Its not a bad thing but it shows that they are trying to copy from other games ie Crysis 2, CoD, which really pisses me off. Halo has never had attachments, why would it now?

I see where your’re coming from, but it seems to me that the industry would influence each other as a whole. Yes, Halo has never had attachments before, but it’s a new and ancient enemy that Master Chief will be dealing with so why wouldn’t there be different style of weapons to accompany them.

@everyday math: Thanks for the link. I went ahead and subscribed. It looks like he knows a lot about Halo weapons.

<4

Overall i think in game attachments should be implemented into halo 4 like crysis 2 only less ‘CoDish’

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/gunammo.png/
This is a close up I did of the gun before it fires

&

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/gunshoots.png/
This is the gun close up after it shoots.

Just for discussion :slight_smile: