Halo 4 Magnum Discussion

I have been wondering what Magnum will surface(Or if there will be something new) in halo 4. There have been screen shots, but nothing conclusive. I hope that we will be getting the (Epic)M6G Magnum from reach back, to me it seemed like the most balanced and powerful magnum to date. Thats just what i think though, What Magnum would you like to see return?

(Note: The CE Mag isn’t included because The Likeliness of it coming back is 0. Reach Mag takes its place.)

Really liked the Reach one, actually.
Powerful, and totally not overused by people. Win-win.

The M6G from Reach work’s best in both multiplayer and Campaign, so that’d be my choice! :smiley:

From all accounts it looks like the Reach magnum is returning which is incredibly disappointing. The slow firing 8 shot pistols bore me to tears.

It at least looks better than it did in Reach and hopefully it doesn’t have the magnums ridiculous spread it had originally.

I would much rather have 12 round high rof pistols. I wish we could have an unsuppressed Automag :frowning:

I think they are making the magnum somewhat more powerful but with a slower fire rate. So it doesn’t go as fast as you can make it go.

> From all accounts it looks like the Reach magnum is returning which is incredibly disappointing. <mark>The slow firing 8 shot pistols</mark> bore me to tears.
>
> It at least looks better than it did in Reach and hopefully it doesn’t have the magnums ridiculous spread it had originally.
>
> I would much rather have 12 round high rof pistols. I wish we could have an unsuppressed Automag :frowning:

The reach magnum had a very high rate of fire and it had the fastest kill time in halo reach(in terms of precision weapons).

Halo 2’s

> > From all accounts it looks like the Reach magnum is returning which is incredibly disappointing. <mark>The slow firing 8 shot pistols</mark> bore me to tears.
> >
> > It at least looks better than it did in Reach and hopefully it doesn’t have the magnums ridiculous spread it had originally.
> >
> > I would much rather have 12 round high rof pistols. I wish we could have an unsuppressed Automag :frowning:
>
> The reach magnum had a very high rate of fire and it had the fastest kill time in halo reach(in terms of precision weapons).

Its ideal rof that it was “balanced” with the other weapons was still slow, the terrible spread even before bloom didn’t help with the overall speed you could fire aimed shots.

In terms of pistol ideal rof
Automag/M6C/M6D/M6G Reach/M6G H3. Still second slowest. There were reasons to pick the first 3 the only reason to hang on to a magnum in Reach was to give SOME range before grabbing a DMR campaign or otherwise.

i want the odst pistol back, but with a slight damage buff, so that you can kill with one mag. it would of been fun to use, but not over powerd

Probably the Reach one, which is also my favourite. Powerful, easy to use, and a fast fire rate.

> > > From all accounts it looks like the Reach magnum is returning which is incredibly disappointing. <mark>The slow firing 8 shot pistols</mark> bore me to tears.
> > >
> > > It at least looks better than it did in Reach and hopefully it doesn’t have the magnums ridiculous spread it had originally.
> > >
> > > I would much rather have 12 round high rof pistols. I wish we could have an unsuppressed Automag :frowning:
> >
> > The reach magnum had a very high rate of fire and it had the fastest kill time in halo reach(in terms of precision weapons).
>
> Its ideal rof that it was “balanced” with the other weapons was still slow, the terrible spread even before bloom didn’t help with the overall speed you could fire aimed shots.
>
> In terms of pistol ideal rof
> Automag/M6C/M6D/M6G Reach/M6G H3. Still second slowest. There were reasons to pick the first 3 the only reason to hang on to a magnum in Reach was to give SOME range before grabbing a DMR campaign or otherwise.

RoF really depends on range though. Yes, at mid range you have to pace your shots (every magnum is like that though not just the reach mag). At close you can spam as much as you want. Close range is the ideal range for the magnum. This is were the reach magnum shines, it will kill in a about 1.2 seconds, it makes up for the DMR’s lack of close range effectiveness. So, compared to the close range ROF of it’s predecessors, the reach mag has the second fastest kill time(H2 pistol dual wielded before patch is maybe a little faster).

I thought the Reach magnum was the best, I’d be glad to see it back.

> > > > From all accounts it looks like the Reach magnum is returning which is incredibly disappointing. <mark>The slow firing 8 shot pistols</mark> bore me to tears.
> > > >
> > > > It at least looks better than it did in Reach and hopefully it doesn’t have the magnums ridiculous spread it had originally.
> > > >
> > > > I would much rather have 12 round high rof pistols. I wish we could have an unsuppressed Automag :frowning:
> > >
> > > The reach magnum had a very high rate of fire and it had the fastest kill time in halo reach(in terms of precision weapons).
> >
> > Its ideal rof that it was “balanced” with the other weapons was still slow, the terrible spread even before bloom didn’t help with the overall speed you could fire aimed shots.
> >
> > In terms of pistol ideal rof
> > Automag/M6C/M6D/M6G Reach/M6G H3. Still second slowest. There were reasons to pick the first 3 the only reason to hang on to a magnum in Reach was to give SOME range before grabbing a DMR campaign or otherwise.
>
> RoF really depends on range though. Yes, at mid range you have to pace your shots (every magnum is like that though not just the reach mag). At close you can spam as much as you want. Close range is the ideal range for the magnum. This is were the reach magnum shines, it will kill in a about 1.2 seconds, it makes up for the DMR’s lack of close range effectiveness. So, compared to the close range ROF of it’s predecessors, the reach mag has the second fastest kill time(H2 pistol dual wielded before patch is maybe a little faster).

Damn post deleting tablet strikes again. I’ll get straight to the point. The M6G in both Halo 3 and Reach have been little more than worse versions of the DMR/BR with little to no distinguishing features. The Reach magnums quick kill time is pretty much only applicable at point blank range unless you are incredibly lucky with.

8 rounds in a mag is not enough to do anything interesting or unique

Someone who already played the game said that the pistol was a 6 shot weapon with 8 round clip. In my mind, the clip needs to be twelve again.

> Someone who already played the game said that the pistol was a 6 shot weapon with 8 round clip. In my mind, the clip needs to be twelve again.

I dont think that would be balanced with the BR and DMR. To Be honest, the only weapon that should be a 4sk, should be the Magnum, because its of its range primarily.