Halo 4 Loadouts

This post is to address the confusion surrounding the inclusion of loadouts in the Halo franchise.

Despite the fact that both Halo 4 and the Call of Duty franchise have loadouts, it does not mean they will both play the same. The main difference between the two is that in Halo 4, you can spawn with basic weapon sets. While in Call of Duty, you can spawn with EVERYTHING. Yes, from shotguns to rocket launchers and grenade launcher attachments. So, in a sense Halo 4’s loadout system is “balanced” compared to CoD’s system. Power weapons in Halo 4 will remain as traditional pick-ups.

Don’t fret just yet, people. We have yet to see these new additions in action.

thats not what they are upset over bro. most of us like the part your talking about, we hate leveling up and unlocking better stuff for your loadouts, thats whats unfair and is getting such backlash, now you see in what way we say its too much like cod?

> thats not what they are upset over bro. most of us like the part your talking about, we hate leveling up and unlocking better stuff for your loadouts, thats whats unfair and is getting such backlash, now you see in what way we say its too much like cod?

actually, you cannot unlock weapons. they are all immediately available, confirmed by frankie on neogaf.

linky link

i made a thread about this, but here is the gist of it.

> All weapons can and will be available “normally” in the sandbox in Campaign and or MP - depending on game mode. “Unlock” and loadout info will come in the weeks and months ahead. But I wouldn’t worry about it. Be like freaking out because you start with Snipers in Team Snipers.
>
> Obviously we have a lot of features and content to explain - some stuff we haven’t even touched on. But the main band aid has already been ripped off. I suspect that most news from hereon out (with occasional rage diversions) will be good news for the vast majority of players and styles of players.

Power weapons don’t exist in CoD, because everyone dies so quickly. Therefore your argument isn’t that solid.

What was wrong with the good old formula of Halo 1, 2 and 3, were everyone started equally? This isn’t an evolution (at least not a good one). That’s like humans somehow becoming 10 times more vulnerable to cancer, and then calling it an evolution.

So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.

> Power weapons don’t exist in CoD, because everyone dies so quickly. Therefore your argument isn’t that solid.
>
> What was wrong with the good old formula of Halo 1, 2 and 3, were everyone started equally? This isn’t an evolution (at least not a good one). That’s like humans somehow becoming 10 times more vulnerable to cancer, and then calling it an evolution.

Think of it this way. If Halo 4 used CoD’s system in loadouts, that means every spartan would be spawning with shotty and snipes. What I am simply stating is that is not the case in Halo 4. Instead of doing that, 343 have decided to only allow the basic weapon sets.

> So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.

It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.

> Think of it this way. If Halo 4 used CoD’s system in loadouts, that means every spartan would be spawning with shotty and snipes. What I am simply stating is that is not the case in Halo 4. Instead of doing that, 343 have decided to only allow the basic weapon sets.

Yeah, but it could still into a mess. What’s wrong with BR being the starting weapon and AR being the secondary? That keeps everyone happy, no need for anyone to be upset.

Also, what was wrong with Halo 1-3, why were those games so good without loadouts? What’s the point in trying to change something that was so perfect?

> Power weapons don’t exist in CoD, because everyone dies so quickly. Therefore your argument isn’t that solid.
>
> What was wrong with the good old formula of Halo 1, 2 and 3, were everyone started equally? This isn’t an evolution (at least not a good one). That’s like humans somehow becoming 10 times more vulnerable to cancer, and then calling it an evolution.

Equaly and fustrated by ar starts on random bad map. Il take my br loadout ty

> > Think of it this way. If Halo 4 used CoD’s system in loadouts, that means every spartan would be spawning with shotty and snipes. What I am simply stating is that is not the case in Halo 4. Instead of doing that, 343 have decided to only allow the basic weapon sets.
>
> Yeah, but it could still into a mess. What’s wrong with BR being the starting weapon and AR being the secondary? That keeps everyone happy, no need for anyone to be upset.
>
> Also, what was wrong with Halo 1-3, why were those games so good without loadouts? What’s the point in trying to change something that was so perfect?

Well, what’s the problem if the other guys wanted a Magnum for secondary instead of an Assault Rifle? Games these days are becoming more successful because developers are giving players choice. Some people have preference. What’s it matter to you if your opponent has a DMR? If you chose the BR and are truly confident you can do well with it, then stick with it.

> > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
>
> It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.

So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?

> > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> >
> > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
>
> So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?

Some people prefer to start with another weapon. Think Halo 3, Guardian, there’s only one BR in that map. Now everyone can have that gun because of loadouts.

> > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> >
> > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
>
> So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?

Its.just giving you choices lol

> > > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> > >
> > > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
> >
> > So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?
>
> Some people prefer to start with another weapon. Think Halo 3, Guardian, there’s only one BR in that map. Now everyone can have that gun because of loadouts.

Or they can just make a Slayer BRs game type, that would be a lot simpler.

> > > > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> > > >
> > > > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
> > >
> > > So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?
> >
> > Some people prefer to start with another weapon. Think Halo 3, Guardian, there’s only one BR in that map. Now everyone can have that gun because of loadouts.
>
> Or they can just make a Slayer BRs game type, that would be a lot simpler.

Then what if I wanted a DMR instead? See, that’s the whole point of this.

> > > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> > >
> > > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
> >
> > So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?
>
> Its.just giving you choices lol

But all the weapons are on the map already. They’re mixing Arcade mode FF into Matchmaking, I don’t think it’s gonna work.

> > > > > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> > > > >
> > > > > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
> > > >
> > > > So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?
> > >
> > > Some people prefer to start with another weapon. Think Halo 3, Guardian, there’s only one BR in that map. Now everyone can have that gun because of loadouts.
> >
> > Or they can just make a Slayer BRs game type, that would be a lot simpler.
>
> Then what if I wanted a DMR instead? See, that’s the whole point of this.

How do you change your loadout if you don’t like the one you have, kill yourself?

> > > > > > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
> > > > >
> > > > > So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?
> > > >
> > > > Some people prefer to start with another weapon. Think Halo 3, Guardian, there’s only one BR in that map. Now everyone can have that gun because of loadouts.
> > >
> > > Or they can just make a Slayer BRs game type, that would be a lot simpler.
> >
> > Then what if I wanted a DMR instead? See, that’s the whole point of this.
>
> How do you change your loadout if you don’t like the one you have, kill yourself?

You choose it before the game. So if you want to start with a BR you can. If I want a DMR then I can have that too.

> > > > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> > > >
> > > > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
> > >
> > > So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?
> >
> > Its.just giving you choices lol
>
> But all the weapons are on the map already. They’re mixing Arcade mode FF into Matchmaking, I don’t think it’s gonna work.

The main point of this is to get rid of the whole ar vs br/dmr starts…

> > > > > > So I can start with an AR while someone else can starts with a Rocket Launcher? Tell me it’s not true.
> > > > >
> > > > > It isn’t. Did you even read my post? You’re not allowed to choose power weapons. You may only choose from the Assault Rifle, DMR, Battle Rifle, Magnum and Assault Carbine. These are not all the weapons because as of now, the list of weapons for Halo 4 is currently unknown.
> > > >
> > > > So If I pick the Assault Rifle I can still pick up a BR on the map right?. So what the hell is the difference from just spawning with the same weapons?
> > >
> > > Its.just giving you choices lol
> >
> > But all the weapons are on the map already. They’re mixing Arcade mode FF into Matchmaking, I don’t think it’s gonna work.
>
>
>
> The main point of this is to get rid of the whole ar vs br/dmr starts…

Who the hell is gonna pick an AR?