Halo 4 - Loadouts and Specializations Missing

I used to love Halo 4 but a few months ago I hopped online to play. I went to Big Team Battle and noticed that my custom loadouts were set to default. Also at the beginning of the round I have NO specializations. I’m SR76 now and not being able to use the weapons and specializations I unlocked really sucks. I can only play with default weapons. Gets boring fast.

A few months later I get back on (today) and the problem STILL exists. Is 343 going to fix this or is it time to trade in Halo 4?

Do your loadouts show up as default in the main menu, or just during matches?

Just during matches…regardless of playlist. Some of my friends have stopped playing as a result of this issue as it’s happening to them as well.

> Just during matches…regardless of playlist. Some of my friends have stopped playing as a result of this issue as it’s happening to them as well.

Very strange.

We know that Halo 4 stores loadouts locally because loadouts can be wiped by a random bug that affects hard-drive-based data. Since your loadouts are still in the main menu, we know they’re intact and available to the game, so the problem shouldn’t be any difficulty to do with retrieving the data from your hard drive. This would all imply a connection issue of some sort. My guess, then – admittedly a shot in the dark – is that something is preventing your console from sending your loadout data to the hosts of the matches you’ve been playing.

Are you aware of any issues with your Internet connection that might cause minor problems? Non-open NAT, for example? Have you noticed an increase in lag at around the same time that this bug began to occur?

If you’re not aware of anything wrong with your connection, then it may be a good idea to delete and reinstall Halo 4, to ensure that this problem isn’t being caused by some weird kind of data corruption.

> Just during matches…regardless of playlist. Some of my friends have stopped playing as a result of this issue as it’s happening to them as well.

I used to have an issue that would not allow me to use any of the Specializations, but it had turned out that I hadn’t redeemed the codes for them… Facepalm

Either way, you have a very strange issue indeed! Hopefully there’s is a fix for it.

Its going to take forever but I’ll delete all of my Halo 4 stuff and reinstall/re-download the DLC and see if that fixes it. I got busy with school/work so I went a long time without playing. When I came back to play my friends and I just played a few matches and noticed all loadouts were set to default but in the main menu it was fine.

BTW the internet connection is alright.

I miss being able to run around like a beast with a turret. Playing with JUST default weapons is boring. No more weapon drops either. Big Team is my favorite. I used to play it all the time. I guess it doesn’t matter. Semester starts soon. Won’t have time to play.

Btw: by not having specializations I meant they are in the main menu BUT not in game. I bought the Limited Edition and have the map pass. I’ve redeemed all the codes. Come to think of it, I downloaded the first map pack and everything was fine. After that this started. I think the download got corrupted now that I think about it.

Wait… I fail. I fail very, very hard.

Certain game variants in Matchmaking only allow the use of preset loadouts. These variants are typically labeled “Slayer Pro”. If one of these variants gets voted for the match, then you’ll only have access to a limited set of loadouts.

I’d recommend playing the Infinity Slayer playlist and trying to get an Infinity Slayer (not Slayer Pro) match. If your custom loadouts show up there, then your installation is fine – you were just playing Pro game variants.

I can’t believe I forgot about this. Sorry if a reinstallation ends up wasting your time. :frowning:

No worries. I didn’t delete anything. I went back on there and saw the playlist. You are right. I really wish they didn’t change it to be like this. My friends and I used to play Big Team all the time but now being a high level or unlocking weapons,specializations doesn’t matter because 343 changed the playlist.

Thanks for the assistance everyone. I’ll keep Halo 4 for the story since I have the collection. My friends won’t even play anymore because of this update to the playlist.