halo 4 legenday difficulty ideas

In halo 4, instead of the legendary difficulty being the exact same campaign just harder, legendary can have longer/extended cut-scenes, exclusive side-objectives for missions to be longer and unique from their easy, normal, & heroic counter-parts. Also it should ofcourse have an extended legendary (after-credits) ending, just like halo 3, and ODST.
Those are some of my ideas 343i

I agree with adding more cut-scenes and optional side-missions for a legendary playthrough.

One thing I don’t agree with for legendary is the “Make enemies stronger and make the player weaker” method of programming. Getting killed in 3 shots or less is not fun, it’s frustrating. Make the game challenging without being cheap.

I hope the campaign for Halo 4 doesn’t have any stupid short cuts like in Reach’s (Nightfall for example). They make legendary runs too easy.

As for extended cut-scenes, I’m guessing as its a numbered Halo game they’re bound to be in there.

> I agree with adding more cut-scenes and optional side-missions for a legendary playthrough.
>
> One thing I don’t agree with for legendary is the “Make enemies stronger and make the player weaker” method of programming. Getting killed in 3 shots or less is not fun, it’s frustrating. Make the game challenging without being cheap.

I agree, I’d rather like to see Legendary be like it was in Halo CE. The enemies still kill you faster, but your shields also recharge faster. But what makes the game difficult on Legendary is that the amount of enemies is doubled from all other difficulties.

I also really do like the extended level idea for Legendary, it would be good addition to the difficulty aspect without making it annoying.

> > I agree with adding more cut-scenes and optional side-missions for a legendary playthrough.
> >
> > One thing I don’t agree with for legendary is the “Make enemies stronger and make the player weaker” method of programming. Getting killed in 3 shots or less is not fun, it’s frustrating. Make the game challenging without being cheap.
>
> I agree, I’d rather like to see Legendary be like it was in Halo CE. The enemies still kill you faster, but your shields also recharge faster. But what makes the game difficult on Legendary is that the amount of enemies is doubled from all other difficulties.
>
> I also really do like the extended level idea for Legendary, it would be good addition to the difficulty aspect without making it annoying.

Although I personally disagree on branching out the levels making them longer in legendary, I do like the idea of doubled enemies. Enemies being doubled or tripled was what made the games more difficult.

Recently I just beat Halo CEA on legendary, I had no idea that once you got on the TaR you would have to deal with four zealots while in that small room…friggin’ zealots.

> I agree with adding more cut-scenes and optional side-missions for a legendary playthrough.
>
> One thing I don’t agree with for legendary is the “Make enemies stronger and make the player weaker” method of programming. Getting killed in 3 shots or less is not fun, it’s frustrating. Make the game challenging without being cheap.

I couldn’t agree more with that!! If they can keep an equilibrium ofchallenge and entertainment/ fun in the legendary levels, thats when they nailed the whole experience together.

> Legendary can have longer/extended cut-scenes

Disagree

> exclusive side-objectives for missions to be longer and unique from their easy, normal, & heroic counter-parts.

Agree

> Also it should ofcourse have an extended legendary (after-credits) ending, just like halo 3, and ODST.

Agree.