Halo 4 Legendary Edition Contents

What would you want to see be packaged in the Legendary Edition?

I would like a high quality item. I have been frustrated with the Helmet, and to a much more severe degree the Noble Team statue because they advertise high quality materials, and deliver plastic. I really liked what was done with Skyrim and Gears (though I didn’t buy either) and would like to see Halo get the same quality treatment. I am at a loss for picking a singular item that would be cool to be included, so perhaps something brand new to the series, like if there is a main character forerunner, or a new monitor etc.

I also would appreciate an artbook. I liked the high quality, leather bound Skyrim book, and if there is something relevant to be done with Halo 4, or even just as a concept art book, I think it would be well received. Overall the non-standard editions have been fairly sub-par. I think the best item itself was Chief’s helmet/stand, but I think the Heroic Edition of Reach was the best whole package for the money. I hope that in 343i’s hands we get some high quality collectibles this fall with our pricey editions. :slight_smile:

So what you would like to see in the Legendary Edition?

Hmm…I’d like too see some exclusive dlc (like the legendary flames in Reach) that only legendary players have, an artbook like you said, maybe something forerunner…like a scale oracle or something. It’d be neat if it lit up lol (the eye).

Yeah I wanted to originally suggest Spark but since he is gone and we can’t be sure another monitor will have the same presence in the game I am doubtful. I like the light-up idea. I’d use him as a lamp, lol.

They better have a “Making of” disc. Halo 2 and 3 had one, but Reach failed on that one.

Metal cover, more durable disk with special label, special legendary difficulty ending, and arbiter elite armor; Halo 3 RECON armor model (multiplayer)- legendary
bandanna skull - heroic/legendary
blue flames - pre-order

I will pre-order legendary edition when it becomes available, so I hope it will be worth it.

@Bob - Reach failed in more ways than just a making of disc, lol.

@Jack - I like the idea of special skulls, but I don’t think there would be limited endings to different editions. Also, what do you mean by “more durable disc”?

> Metal cover, more durable disk with special label, special legendary difficulty ending, and arbiter elite armor; Halo 3 RECON armor model (multiplayer)- legendary
> bandanna skull - heroic/legendary
> blue flames - pre-order
>
>
> I will pre-order legendary edition when it becomes available, so I hope it will be worth it.

Based on your ideas,

Normal = Case, Disc, manual, misc.
Pre-order = Everything above, blue flames
Heroic = Everything above, bandanna skull, (art book, “making of”, metal case)
Legendary = Everything above, Recon/Arbiter armor, (Season pass, Oracle lamp, Special packaging, Nameplate)

I like it!

P.S. Anything in parenthesis I added.
P.S.S. It seems I misspelled “metal” as “meal”, no lulz were ensued.

> @Bob - Reach failed in more ways than just a making of disc, lol.

Truth. Reach was pretty much a failure in general.

I have no idea what I would want the statue to be. I’ll be getting Legendary no matter what.

I love the title of “Oracle Lamp”. I just had to say it again.

Season pass is a VERY good idea too. Considering how many people stay true to the game for the 2-3+ years post release, Legendary Edition including season pass could be enough to push some Heroic Edition buyers over the edge.

> @Bob - Reach failed in more ways than just a making of disc, lol.
>
> @Jack - I like the idea of special skulls, but I don’t think there would be limited endings to different editions. Also, what do you mean by “more durable disc”?

did your disk crack? a lot of my friends complained about that, and mine broke a few months ago. I won’t get a new one. it literally cracks the inner ring of the disk in the older Xbox’s (not slims) out of spinning.

Wiiwillrockyoup, that sound boss. lets go with that.

Huh, mine have been scratched by previous Xboxes but never cracked like you’re describing. I don’t deny its true but never had it happen, and I have played through the discs like no other, haha. But I do install them all on Day 1 to prevent as much disc wear as possible.

Sadly that is not in 343s control, as the manufacturing is regulated elsewhere. Best suggestion is to install any disc you are using whenever you can, but I know I am likely preaching to the choir here.

No exclusive digital content.

Halo Legendary Limited Collectors Edition: A 20" Master Chief Action Figure with Cortana Standing By his side or A full Scale Monitor A Complete Concept Art Book that includes The very first ideas for Halo 4 and up to the release ideas… The Halo Book Series.
Special DLC:
Skulls: Bandanna Skull:Infinite Ammo/Never reload weapon.
Rocket Boots Skull:Jump Higher then usual.
Hard Skin Skull:Take much more damage then usual.
Infasprint Skull:Infinite Sprint.
Le Fireworks Skull:When you get a Head shot on an enemy fireworks shoot from their heads.

Armor Modifications (same category as special DLC)(this stuff is just an example i’m sure this would not be in it): Little metal Wings on the sides of The Master Chiefs Boots Like The flash (1940’s.) Different Armor Colours. Fun easter eggs to play with on the master chief… stuff like that…

Special Gun DLC: I am not sure what type of guns but how about like a crossbow that shoots like the needle rifle or a home made spud gun that shoots out grenades (Like the one that 343 used to record sounds)just an example… i have a few more but yeah…

And if 343i is feeling generous or creative just throw in heaps of little extras like the making of silly commentaries added extras and info little bits and bobs stuff like that i am a collector of this kind of stuff hahaha i love preorder goodies!!! :smiley:
OH AND A SEASON PASS!!!

I all would want is a awesome making of DVD (I’m looking at you Halo 2 Collector edition) And a Special Case. In all honesty though, I would pay $100 just for a making of DVD =).

MAKING OF!

Thank you. :slight_smile:

A Halo 2-style Limited Edition case would be cool. That thing is awesome. So is the Halo Wars one. Apart from that, the main attraction would depend entirely upon where the storyline goes. And we have no idea where that is.

It should be like MW3s hardened edition.

Halo 4 Legendary should consist of…

All future Halo 4 DLC content.
2-day early access to all DLC.
A Special full downsized Forerunner armor only obtainable through LE.
A 12’ by 12’ replica of 343 guilty spark with built in motion sensor. Walk past spark and hear him say some of his more famous quotes.

A life-sized Master Chief cardboard cutout!
EXCLUSIVE in-game armor!
A hat!
A ham sandwich!

I posted a thread like this a while go, surprised this hasn’t been moved: http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_postst51565_Halo-4-Edition-Ideas.aspx Different Title same thing though

> MAKING OF!
>
> Thank you. :slight_smile:

So much this. It has to involve lots of goofing around as well!

Plus, an exclusive canon book that explains some hidden secrets. And a proper quality model of the Didact.