Halo 4 Legendary Campaign.

Legendary Campaign.
In Halo 4, I was thinking maybe we should change exactly the way Legendary works.

In Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST, Wars, REACH.

Anyway, instead of Legendary working like that, (All games in general) They work on how smart the AI’s are. I mean of course the Health and Damage will be more balanced to the AI. Not the same as the Legendary Health and Damage. It would be more like 100%-100%.

For example, you come encounter with an Elite and a big rock. You go up to the Elite, shoot at it, it crouches and goes behind the rock. You yell random words in anger.

The AI’s IQ differs by the change of difficulty.

Another Example, (I’m full of these.) There’s a whole Team of Elites and Grunts. They all hide. It seems you can run across. Wrong. A Screaming grunt goes kamikaze directly at you. You scream. Then you die. Then all the hidden enemies come to shoot at you and -Yoink!- you.

The AI tends to hide more to gain the element of surprise.

An Additional Example, (I’m just going to explain how this works in examples…) Your walking. Check your radar, nothing. You walk past a rock. You get randomly assassinated by an Elite who was crouching. Elite shoots and teabags you.

The AI can now get you when you think it’s very unexpected.

The 4th Example, Your outside. You see a Banshee in the distance. You shoot/lock on/cry/run. You miss horribly, because it flipped. It notices you. You shoot at it, nothing. You think it’s highjackable. It’s close, You then notice it’s way to fast to highjack and if you do you’ll die before you can move. The Banshee crashes in a fiery explosion. Your dead.

The AI will be more suicidal. Much more suicidal.

The 5th Example, You have a sniper. You aim drastically. You shoot, miss. A whole militia of Enemies notices your location. They shoot and they run to your location. You try to snipe the enemies that you can, they evade. They get into your face while your Sniper is zoomed in, You zoom out. The Elite Kung Fu kicks you. All the enemies -Yoink!- and shoot at you.

AI will be able to get a your location if you fail at element of surprise, And evade when you try to fix your failure.

The 6th Example, You see an Elite with a plasma pistol. Very far though. You try to shoot at it, you miss, because of the distance. The Elite rapidly fires plasma bullets at you with perfect aim. You die in a matter of 9.777 seconds, after 3 minutes he comes to -Yoink!- you and shoot at you. Maybe not this ridiculous but around the same page.

The AI has a very, very sharp accuracy and can rapidly fire at you.

**The 7th Example,**Your crouch-walking to avoid getting seen. An Elite gets close to you, but hasn’t seen you. You stay still, praying you won’t get seen. You move slightly to get a better view of the Elite, making a grass/cement/whatever noise. Your face get’s filled with a Kung Fu Kick, followed by teabaging and shooting.

The AI can hear you, hear you well too.

The 8th Example, An Elite comes after you. You run like hell. You see a an enclosed spot where you can hide, you go in this enclosed spot. You get Kung Fu’d a second before you make it in there.

The AI will increase there speed by a very, very small amount if they have to.

There is more, but I can’t think of anything. Please post some of your ideas too!

Oh! The Teabagging was a humorous method to get you reading. I tend to joke because people read the whole thing.

Thanks,
BadassFlint.

Sounds too hard for me only

> Sounds too hard for me only

That’s legendary isn’t it?

If they have the same health and damage boost that they have had from heroic to legendary in previous games, it would simply be too difficult. If the health and damage boost were a bit more tame, that would make the campaign much more enjoyable (for me at least) and would increase the replay value massively.

> If they have the same health and damage boost that they have had from heroic to legendary in previous games, it would simply be too difficult. If the <mark>health and damage boost were a bit more tame</mark>, that would make the campaign much more enjoyable (for me at least) and would increase the replay value massively.

Yes of course it will. I’m not crazy. :wink:

Damage, and Shied strength. Just becasue you’re playing on a higher difficultly doesn’t mean the the enemies have to be gods compared to you.

Player:
-Your shield strength would remain the same for all the difficulties.
-You would do the same amount of dame as the enemy does to you.

Friendly A.I.:
-They would have the same amount of health, and damage resistance for all difficulties. ODST would have a higher damage resistance then regular Marines.
-They would do the same amount of damage as you, and the enemies.

Enemies:
Damage: Lets say I’m playing on Legendary the enemies will be doing more damage to me, then I will do to them. Even though we are both using the same weapon. We should be doing the same amount of damage to each other.
Health:
-Enemies would have the same amount of health for all the difficulties. So an Elite will have the same HP for easy, as he does for Legendary.
Damage resistance:
-Elites: A minor Elite will have a lower resistance then an Major Elite do to better armor. The resistance will stay the same for all difficulties.
Shield Strength
-Elites: The higher up they the stronger their shields are. But the shield strength would remain the same fore all difficulties.

A.I.: It will be the same for all difficulties.
-The Friendly A.I. should be as smart as the enemy A.I.
-The A.I. would remain the same smarts for all difficulties. The only thing that would matter are their ranks, and enemy type.
Elites: A Major Elite will have better tactics then a Minor elite. Do to experience on the battlefield, and training.
Enemy types: An Elite will have better tactics then a Grunt. Do to the chain of command.

sounds good and all but I don’t want to have to play legendary for a smart AI

> Damage, and Shied strength. Just becasue you’re playing on a higher difficultly doesn’t mean the the enemies have to be gods compared to you.
>
> Player:
> -Your shield strength would remain the same for all the difficulties.
> -You would do the same amount of dame as the enemy does to you.
>
> Friendly A.I.:
> -They would have the same amount of health, and damage resistance for all difficulties. ODST would have a higher damage resistance then regular Marines.
> -They would do the same amount of damage as you, and the enemies.
>
>
> Enemies:
> Damage: Lets say I’m playing on Legendary the enemies will be doing more damage to me, then I will do to them. Even though we are both using the same weapon. We should be doing the same amount of damage to each other.
> Health:
> -Enemies would have the same amount of health for all the difficulties. So an Elite will have the same HP for easy, as he does for Legendary.
> Damage resistance:
> -Elites: A minor Elite will have a lower resistance then an Major Elite do to better armor. The resistance will stay the same for all difficulties.
> Shield Strength
> -Elites: The higher up they the stronger their shields are. But the shield strength would remain the same fore all difficulties.

If there had to be a pre set health for all difficulties it should be the heroic health because that’s the difficulty Halo is supposed to be played at

and shields

> Damage, and Shied strength. Just becasue you’re playing on a higher difficultly doesn’t mean the the enemies have to be gods compared to you.
>
> Player:
> -Your shield strength would remain the same for all the difficulties.
> -You would do the same amount of dame as the enemy does to you.
>
> Friendly A.I.:
> -They would have the same amount of health, and damage resistance for all difficulties. ODST would have a higher damage resistance then regular Marines.
> -They would do the same amount of damage as you, and the enemies.
>
>
> Enemies:
> Damage: Lets say I’m playing on Legendary the enemies will be doing more damage to me, then I will do to them. Even though we are both using the same weapon. We should be doing the same amount of damage to each other.
> Health:
> -Enemies would have the same amount of health for all the difficulties. So an Elite will have the same HP for easy, as he does for Legendary.
> Damage resistance:
> -Elites: A minor Elite will have a lower resistance then an Major Elite do to better armor. The resistance will stay the same for all difficulties.
> Shield Strength
> -Elites: The higher up they the stronger their shields are. But the shield strength would remain the same fore all difficulties.
>
> A.I.: It will be the same for all difficulties.
> -The Friendly A.I. should be as smart as the enemy A.I.
> -The A.I. would remain the same smarts for all difficulties. The only thing that would matter are their ranks, and enemy type.
> Elites: A Major Elite will have better tactics then a Minor elite. Do to experience on the battlefield, and training.
> Enemy types: An Elite will have better tactics then a Grunt. Do to the chain of command.

So your saying, that all difficulties should be equal? No. I’m saying that how smart the Enemy AI (no relation to Ally AI) differs between the difficulties. Like the examples in the original post. Yes all the damage, sheild, Ally AI, will all be the same as normal.

> sounds good and all but I don’t want to have to play legendary for a smart AI

Only Enemy AI will change. That is all. Nothing changes except how smart the enemies are. The higher the difficulty, the smarter they are.

> > Damage, and Shied strength. Just becasue you’re playing on a higher difficultly doesn’t mean the the enemies have to be gods compared to you.
> >
> > Player:
> > -Your shield strength would remain the same for all the difficulties.
> > -You would do the same amount of dame as the enemy does to you.
> >
> > Friendly A.I.:
> > -They would have the same amount of health, and damage resistance for all difficulties. ODST would have a higher damage resistance then regular Marines.
> > -They would do the same amount of damage as you, and the enemies.
> >
> >
> > Enemies:
> > Damage: Lets say I’m playing on Legendary the enemies will be doing more damage to me, then I will do to them. Even though we are both using the same weapon. We should be doing the same amount of damage to each other.
> > Health:
> > -Enemies would have the same amount of health for all the difficulties. So an Elite will have the same HP for easy, as he does for Legendary.
> > Damage resistance:
> > -Elites: A minor Elite will have a lower resistance then an Major Elite do to better armor. The resistance will stay the same for all difficulties.
> > Shield Strength
> > -Elites: The higher up they the stronger their shields are. But the shield strength would remain the same fore all difficulties.
>
> If there had to be a pre set health for all difficulties it should be the heroic health because that’s the difficulty Halo is supposed to be played at
>
> and shields

Maybe, only if Heroic means 100% health and damage. Just like in a regular game of Slayer.

> > > Damage, and Shied strength. Just becasue you’re playing on a higher difficultly doesn’t mean the the enemies have to be gods compared to you.
> > >
> > > Player:
> > > -Your shield strength would remain the same for all the difficulties.
> > > -You would do the same amount of dame as the enemy does to you.
> > >
> > > Friendly A.I.:
> > > -They would have the same amount of health, and damage resistance for all difficulties. ODST would have a higher damage resistance then regular Marines.
> > > -They would do the same amount of damage as you, and the enemies.
> > >
> > >
> > > Enemies:
> > > Damage: Lets say I’m playing on Legendary the enemies will be doing more damage to me, then I will do to them. Even though we are both using the same weapon. We should be doing the same amount of damage to each other.
> > > Health:
> > > -Enemies would have the same amount of health for all the difficulties. So an Elite will have the same HP for easy, as he does for Legendary.
> > > Damage resistance:
> > > -Elites: A minor Elite will have a lower resistance then an Major Elite do to better armor. The resistance will stay the same for all difficulties.
> > > Shield Strength
> > > -Elites: The higher up they the stronger their shields are. But the shield strength would remain the same fore all difficulties.
> >
> > If there had to be a pre set health for all difficulties it should be the heroic health because that’s the difficulty Halo is supposed to be played at
> >
> > and shields
>
> Maybe, only if Heroic means 100% health and damage. Just like in a regular game of Slayer.

I didn’t know Halo was supposed to be played as Heroic…

That would be -Yoink- crazy.

I just play Heroic, after all that’s the way it’s meant to be played.

Halo 4 Legendary is perfect.

OMG

YES!

> Halo 4 Legendary is perfect.
>
> OMG
>
>
>
>
> YES!

I have never read a post that you have to move to the right to read it. lol

SO, you basically want us to break the disc in half?

I hate to say it (and this is typically uncharacteristic of me, being a good sportsman and all… attacking the game, not the player), but lmao. You basically just restated Legendary difficulty’s modus operandi.

> The AI’s IQ differs by the change of difficulty.

Agreed.

> The AI tends to hide more to gain the element of surprise.

Only if they have received news/observed or heard signs of the player’s presence beforehand.

> The AI can now get you when you think it’s very unexpected.

They can’t read our minds. What you’re suggesting is that they base it on chance. That means randomness will ensue… I disagree completely. They should still be predictable. That is what makes AI fun. Watching them make mistakes (but not stupid ones like sticking each other or themselves. That’s pitiful) is entertaining and adds to the realism and immersion.

> The 4th Example, Your outside. You see a Banshee in the distance. You shoot/lock on/cry/run. You miss horribly, because it flipped. It notices you. You shoot at it, nothing. You think it’s highjackable. It’s close, You then notice it’s way to fast to highjack and if you do you’ll die before you can move. The Banshee crashes in a fiery explosion. Your dead.

I am sick and tired of some Banshees being hijackable and some Banshees being un-hijackable. Haven’t Bungie ever heard of putting invisible barriers for the Banshee? It was like that on Metropolis.

> The AI will be more suicidal. Much more suicidal.

Ok but it should depend on the rank.

> The 5th Example, You have a sniper. You aim drastically. You shoot, miss. A whole militia of Enemies notices your location. They shoot and they run to your location. You try to snipe the enemies that you can, they evade. They get into your face while your Sniper is zoomed in, You zoom out. The Elite Kung Fu kicks you. All the enemies -Yoink!- and shoot at you.
>
> AI will be able to get a your location if you fail at element of surprise, And evade when you try to fix your failure.

No.

> The 6th Example, You see an Elite with a plasma pistol. Very far though. You try to shoot at it, you miss, because of the distance. The Elite rapidly fires plasma bullets at you with perfect aim. You die in a matter of 9.777 seconds, after 3 minutes he comes to -Yoink!- you and shoot at you.
>
> The AI has a very, very sharp accuracy and can rapidly fire at you.

Those effects should be skulls. If Legendary was like that, I’d tear up the disc and play CE, H2 with Armory and Angry on, and H3 for the rest of my life.

> **The 7th Example,**Your crouch-walking to avoid getting seen. An Elite gets close to you, but hasn’t seen you. You stay still, praying you won’t get seen. You move slightly to get a better view of the Elite, making a grass/cement/whatever noise. Your face get’s filled with a Kung Fu Kick, followed by teabaging and shooting.
>
> The AI can hear you, hear you well too.

No, especially that last part. Fast melees are unpleasant. If anything, only higher ranking enemies should possess fast melees. I want lower ranking ones to do their trademark slow melees.

> The 8th Example, An Elite comes after you. You run like hell. You see a an enclosed spot where you can hide, you go in this enclosed spot. You get Kung Fu’d a second before you make it in there.
>
> The AI will increase there speed by a small amount if they have to.
>
> There is more, but I can’t think of anything. Please post some of your ideas too!
>
> Thanks,
> BadassFlint.

No.

I have to admit, it would be pretty cool to be playing on Legendary and have an elite assassinate me and then tbag my corpse.

> I have to admit, it would be pretty cool to be playing on Legendary and have an elite assassinate me and then tbag my corpse.

I know what the fans like…
I used that mostly for laughs but it would be cool.

> I hate to say it (and this is typically uncharacteristic of me, being a good sportsman and all… attacking the game, not the player), but lmao. You basically just restated Legendary difficulty’s modus operandi.
>
>
>
> > The AI’s IQ differs by the change of difficulty.
>
> Agreed.- Thank you…
>
>
>
> > The AI tends to hide more to gain the element of surprise.
>
> Only if they have received news/observed or heard signs of the player’s presence beforehand.- No, it’s Legendary IT"S SUPPOSE TO BE HARD! They’re programmed to find a rock or whatever and hide. Then you got to pray that they are not crouching. :wink:
>
>
>
> > The AI can now get you when you think it’s very unexpected.
>
> They can’t read our minds. What you’re suggesting is that they base it on chance. That means randomness will ensue… I disagree completely. They should still be predictable. That is what makes AI fun. Watching them make mistakes (but not stupid ones like sticking each other or themselves. That’s pitiful) is entertaining and adds to the realism and immersion.- It’s Legendary, maybe in Heroic but not on Legendary.
>
>
>
> > The 4th Example, Your outside. You see a Banshee in the distance. You shoot/lock on/cry/run. You miss horribly, because it flipped. It notices you. You shoot at it, nothing. You think it’s highjackable. It’s close, You then notice it’s way to fast to highjack and if you do you’ll die before you can move. The Banshee crashes in a fiery explosion. Your dead.
>
> I am sick and tired of some Banshees being hijackable and some Banshees being un-hijackable. Haven’t Bungie ever heard of putting invisible barriers for the Banshee? It was like that on Metropolis.- K.
>
>
>
> > The AI will be more suicidal. Much more suicidal.
>
> Ok but it should depend on the rank.- O.K that is reasonable.
>
>
>
> > The 5th Example, You have a sniper. You aim drastically. You shoot, miss. A whole militia of Enemies notices your location. They shoot and they run to your location. You try to snipe the enemies that you can, they evade. They get into your face while your Sniper is zoomed in, You zoom out. The Elite Kung Fu kicks you. All the enemies -Yoink!- and shoot at you.
> >
> > AI will be able to get a your location if you fail at element of surprise, And evade when you try to fix your failure.
>
> No.- Yes, you screwed yourself, and they screw you.
>
>
>
> > The 6th Example, You see an Elite with a plasma pistol. Very far though. You try to shoot at it, you miss, because of the distance. The Elite rapidly fires plasma bullets at you with perfect aim. You die in a matter of 9.777 seconds, after 3 minutes he comes to -Yoink!- you and shoot at you.
> >
> > The AI has a very, very sharp accuracy and can rapidly fire at you.
>
> Those effects should be skulls. If Legendary was like that, I’d tear up the disc and play CE, H2 with Armory and Angry on, and H3 for the rest of my life.- Legendary’s is suppose to do that. It’s suppose to be be very hard. Maybe tone it down more, but you get the example…
>
>
>
> > **The 7th Example,**Your crouch-walking to avoid getting seen. An Elite gets close to you, but hasn’t seen you. You stay still, praying you won’t get seen. You move slightly to get a better view of the Elite, making a grass/cement/whatever noise. Your face get’s filled with a Kung Fu Kick, followed by teabaging and shooting.
> >
> > The AI can hear you, hear you well too.
>
> No, especially that last part. Fast melees are unpleasant. If anything, only higher ranking enemies should possess fast melees. I want lower ranking ones to do their trademark slow melees.- Of course.
>
>
>
> > The 8th Example, An Elite comes after you. You run like hell. You see a an enclosed spot where you can hide, you go in this enclosed spot. You get Kung Fu’d a second before you make it in there.
> >
> > The AI will increase there speed by a small amount if they have to.
> >
> > There is more, but I can’t think of anything. Please post some of your ideas too!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > BadassFlint.
>
> No.- Just by, 5% I kind of exaggerated on that one…

Obviously, you don’t know that Legendary isn’t suppose to be hardish, It’s suppose to be tedious.