Halo 4 LE AR Weapon Skin

I just read Mighty Ape’s description ^ of the Halo 4 Limited Edition and the thread about why that guy is cancelling his LE preorder, and I came across a very… eh… interesting bit of information.

The Halo 4 Limited Edition comes with an exclusive weapon skin for the Assault Rifle. Seriously, who even uses that weapon anyway? Equipping the AR plus the skin is pretty much the same thing as waving a giant flag that has the words “I’m A Nooblet” on it.

This has been known for a while.

I use the AR all the time.

Woah… i haven’t seen that pic yet for some reason op! thanks for sharing.

> I use the AR all the time.

You probably haven’t played against anyone skilled with the BR/Carbine.

> > I use the AR all the time.
>
> You probably haven’t played against anyone skilled with the BR/Carbine.

Stop making such ignorant assumptions. Just because you call it a “n00b” weapon doesn’t mean it actually is and you haven’t actually seen me playing the game to get a good idea of my play style to evaluate my performance.

The AR isn’t my favorite weapon but hey more gear=a happy Number X3 aka a completionalist

> > > I use the AR all the time.
> >
> > You probably haven’t played against anyone skilled with the BR/Carbine.
>
> Stop making such ignorant assumptions. Just because you call it a “n00b” weapon doesn’t mean it actually is and you haven’t actually seen me playing the game to get a good idea of my play style to evaluate my performance.

Apologies if I offended you. I wasn’t trying to imply that you were a noob. It’s just the fact that precision weapons like the BR have significantly faster kill times than the AR, there’s a reason that it, and not the Assault Rifle, is widely regarded as the competitive weapon of Halo.

Depends if the gun is actually worth a crap to use. The only reason why people call it a noob weapon is because only noobs think the gun is useful when the BR can do the same thing. Even MLG wouldn’t want it in because the BR and DMR just performs better than the AR. It has nothing to do with how the gun functions. It is just a flat out poorly made gun in those 2 games.

Hopefully, 343 actually makes it good. They got the stuff to do it while making spray and pray a bad method outside close range. They got no reason at this point. :confused:

> Depends if the gun is actually worth a crap to use. The only reason why people call it a noob weapon is because only noobs think the gun is useful when the BR can do the same thing. Even MLG wouldn’t want it in because the BR and DMR just performs better than the AR. It has nothing to do with how the gun functions. It is just a flat out poorly made gun in those 2 games.
>
> Hopefully, 343 actually makes it good. They got the stuff to do it while making spray and pray a bad method outside close range. They got no reason at this point. :confused:

Exactly, thanks. Imagine 2 people playing a 1v1. Player A has a precision weapon. Player B has an assault rifle.

If this were CE, A would win because Magnum kills in 3 headshots while AR takes like half the clip.

If this were Halo 3, A would win because BR kills in 4 head-bursts while AR takes a little more than half the clip.

If this were Reach, A would win because DMR kills in 5 well-timed headshots while AR has massive bloom and still takes half the clip.

The point is, if this is the limited edition, why not give an exclusive skin for a weapon that’s actually competitive?

> > Depends if the gun is actually worth a crap to use. The only reason why people call it a noob weapon is because only noobs think the gun is useful when the BR can do the same thing. Even MLG wouldn’t want it in because the BR and DMR just performs better than the AR. It has nothing to do with how the gun functions. It is just a flat out poorly made gun in those 2 games.
> >
> > Hopefully, 343 actually makes it good. They got the stuff to do it while making spray and pray a bad method outside close range. They got no reason at this point. :confused:
>
> Exactly, thanks. Imagine 2 people playing a 1v1. Player A has a precision weapon. Player B has an assault rifle.
>
> If this were CE, A would win because Magnum kills in 3 headshots while AR takes like half the clip.
>
> If this were Halo 3, A would win because BR kills in 4 head-bursts while AR takes a little more than half the clip.
>
> If this were Reach, A would win because DMR kills in 5 well-timed headshots while AR has massive bloom and still takes half the clip.
>
> The point is, if this is the limited edition, why not give an exclusive skin for a weapon that’s actually competitive?

I’m hoping it’s a sign that the gun’s performance is actually being addressed in this game, instead of just sounding and looking cool. Hopefully by looking at the stats in their tests, in regards of distance, they can find out what actually is “close range” and adjust from there.

If movement is great, and the bloom is done right, and the damage is better as the BR and DMR at its intended range, the gun could actually have a place in competetive so long as they make an emphasis on precision timing for the gun.

The gun is buffed in the in halo 4. I hope it’s enough, I like going close range but the assault rifle can be very underpowered in past halo games.

> > > Depends if the gun is actually worth a crap to use. The only reason why people call it a noob weapon is because only noobs think the gun is useful when the BR can do the same thing. Even MLG wouldn’t want it in because the BR and DMR just performs better than the AR. It has nothing to do with how the gun functions. It is just a flat out poorly made gun in those 2 games.
> > >
> > > Hopefully, 343 actually makes it good. They got the stuff to do it while making spray and pray a bad method outside close range. They got no reason at this point. :confused:
> >
> > Exactly, thanks. Imagine 2 people playing a 1v1. Player A has a precision weapon. Player B has an assault rifle.
> >
> > If this were CE, A would win because Magnum kills in 3 headshots while AR takes like half the clip.
> >
> > If this were Halo 3, A would win because BR kills in 4 head-bursts while AR takes a little more than half the clip.
> >
> > If this were Reach, A would win because DMR kills in 5 well-timed headshots while AR has massive bloom and still takes half the clip.
> >
> > The point is, if this is the limited edition, why not give an exclusive skin for a weapon that’s actually competitive?
>
> I’m hoping it’s a sign that the gun’s performance is actually being addressed in this game, instead of just sounding and looking cool. Hopefully by looking at the stats in their tests, in regards of distance, they can find out what actually is “close range” and adjust from there.
>
> If movement is great, and the bloom is done right, and the damage is better as the BR and DMR at its intended range, the gun could actually have a place in competetive so long as they make an emphasis on precision timing for the gun.

From what I’ve seen, bloom was removed from the BR and DMR while the Assault Rifle still retains it alongside a faster fire rate. That alone is a good reason to completely avoid the weapon altogether.

> I use the AR all the time.

Thats proberbly because all you play is Team slayer and barley come across to DMR.

> > > > I use the AR all the time.
> > >
> > > You probably haven’t played against anyone skilled with the BR/Carbine.
> >
> > Stop making such ignorant assumptions. Just because you call it a “n00b” weapon doesn’t mean it actually is and you haven’t actually seen me playing the game to get a good idea of my play style to evaluate my performance.
>
> Apologies if I offended you. I wasn’t trying to imply that you were a noob. It’s just the fact that precision weapons like the BR have significantly faster kill times than the AR, there’s a reason that it, and not the Assault Rifle, is widely regarded as the competitive weapon of Halo.

He has a 1.7 KD. If you really do use the AR most the time and you have a 1.7, I commend you, sir. lol.

Did anyone notice two discs in that pictue??

OT: I will be using the AR in Halo 4…so…YEAH!!!

> From what I’ve seen, bloom was removed from the BR and DMR while the Assault Rifle still retains it alongside a faster fire rate. That alone is a good reason to completely avoid the weapon altogether.

Not necessarily. Bloom is actually needed for automatic weapons for a few reasons:

1. Keeps Spray and Pray a tactic reserve for close range.

2. Keeps the damage balanced to allow the BR/DMR/longer range precision guns to have a spot in the game.

Since the gun still have a 32 bullet magazine, I’m hoping the gun actually hurts. We could see the possibility of the gun killing in 16 bullets or less, allowing it to actually be a viable gun, so long as its adjusted to actually compete.

Hopefully, Reach is adjusting the BR and DMR on a set timer in between shots(BR slower than the AR, while DMR is slower than BR), while using the AR’s bloom as a disadvantage when it comes to ranged targets. At the same time, the slower pace of the guns actually causes their demise as they get closer to the AR, which allows it to shoot faster as they fill up the reticle.

Like I said, they got all the tools to make a good AR at this point. They could do it and maybe see the AR in the competitive spots with a well balanced damage and bloom. Or the gun could just completely suck again, and shows that even 343 can’t seem to wrap their heads around an issue, while other studios don’t have a problem with it. I’m just hoping for the best and expecting the worse.

Oh hey, I read So Much Clutch’s thread again. Turns out that the regular edition gives you a weapon skin for the BR. Ironic isn’t it?

I just want the BR skin

Looking to trade AR skin for BR at midnight

> Oh hey, I read So Much Clutch’s thread again. Turns out that the regular edition gives you a weapon skin for the BR. Ironic isn’t it?

Some retailers give a unique BR skin as a preorder bonus. Don’t confuse that with just picking up the game. Some retailers will also give the same bonus for the limited edition as well.

Also, we can assume that because there are unique weapon skins as bonuses that there will be plenty of other skins by default in the game. So there will be skins regardless of what edition you get or where/when you buy.