Halo 4 Lag problems

Edited by Moderator - Please do not make nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

Seriously when are these 343I armatures going to sort out this mess of a game and bring the standard of the game to AAA?

1 in 3 games (at best) is a laggy mess - ranging from completely unplayable to small hosting issues.

The game quality is pathetic - I cant even play what I paid for.

Instead of working on stupid rebalancing issues - they should concentrate on actually making the game playable first.

Developers?

This is what happens when the population for a game is low especially on player hosted matches aka P2P. Add the fact that the game also tries to match us somewhat on true skill, party matching for some playlists etc(i prefer connection over some true skill crap) and it gets harder to be put on a decent host and with region players.

Also I recommend you to post in the Dedicated Servers for Halo 5 to support that. With Dedicated Servers the game could basically get full blown BTB matches with say up to 64 players, more likely to play on a server with good ping etc. Basically a lot of stuff can be added to the game if it has Dedicated Servers then some cheap p2p crap.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst36861_DEDICATED-SERVERS-H5--SUPPORT-US.aspx

It probably not going to get any better halo has not had its net code overhauled scenes halo 2. So the net code is rather inefficient by to days standards as it was designed for the original xbox (Bunnie helped develop the original Xbox live). It was also designed to handle server lists and not just match making. The sending and receiving of packets is further stretched by the increase of packets being sent because of AA and perks that require sinking to the host and the bullet magnet system calculations that pulls bullets 1 unit away to hit your body that system also has to be sink to host. The drop in and out system I imagine also take up some valuable bandwidth off the host as well looking for new players.
These extra things stretch the net code further than it was designed to be.

It probably does not help that people play halo and not have a good net connection or I have run into a couple of games that people use LAG switches.

I doubt 343 are able to do anything with out giving the game a complete overhaul from the ground up and they have their head so far berried in the sand to listen to anything the community has to say. (The GDC panel was a testament to that, they don’t care they just want your money)

> Seriously when are these 343I armatures going to sort out this mess of a game and bring the standard of the game to AAA?
>
> 1 in 3 games (at best) is a laggy mess - ranging from completely unplayable to small hosting issues.
>
> The game quality is pathetic - I cant even play what I paid for.
>
> Instead of working on stupid rebalancing issues - they should concentrate on actually making the game playable first.
>
> Developers?

Yea it’s always been like this. Your problem is you don’t like Halo 4 so you’re pointing out the flaws as if they’re new but infact have been around since H 2 came out.

Try Spartan Ops in Matchmaking. I find it near-unplayable due to constant lag, sometimes even getting lag-booted from games.

> Try Spartan Ops in Matchmaking. I find it near-unplayable due to constant lag, sometimes even getting lag-booted from games.

SpOps MM lags every time I play it. Only slightly but would be completely unplayable if I was fighting real players. Theres a slight movement delay (as well as every other kind of delay) so it feels like I’m walking on an ice rink…

> > Seriously when are these 343I armatures going to sort out this mess of a game and bring the standard of the game to AAA?
> >
> > 1 in 3 games (at best) is a laggy mess - ranging from completely unplayable to small hosting issues.
> >
> > The game quality is pathetic - I cant even play what I paid for.
> >
> > Instead of working on stupid rebalancing issues - they should concentrate on actually making the game playable first.
> >
> > Developers?
>
> Yea it’s always been like this. Your problem is you don’t like Halo 4 so you’re pointing out the flaws as if they’re new but infact have been around since H 2 came out.

It is not like i hate the game - i wish i could play it without lag so i can form a opinion on it overall.

I know how you feel tonight buddy. I actually got tonight off (graveyard shifter) and decided to open a few beers, sit back & play some Halo 4.

Then after one good game, it went downhill. From BTB, CTF, Slayer, and Flood. Anyways the servers were lagging bad enough that we actually spent more time in the “waiting/reloading” screen. It jumped from host nearly 7 times. Just to get kicked after about half the game went by.

After that happened about 4 to 5 times I got lucky enough to finish a specialization before being issued my very first QUIT BAN in my Halo history!

Nice work punishing the players for having some bad match making going on.
Also how difficult is it to implement a boot system to kick AFK players after more than 3-5 minutes? Trying to play some CTF with lag and AFK players sure makes things that much easier/fun.

-_____-

I can say this is my first real annoyance with this game since launch as I don’t get many nights off. Come on 343, don’t make me a non believer I’ve kept an optimistic outlook on this game so far five months later.

Anyways always another day/week I suppose. . . . . but still.

Got my first matchmaking ban (for an hour) since Bungie accidentally perma-banned me way back in Halo 2. All because I decided that I was going to quit any and every game that was too laggy to even be able to attempt to shoot enemies for the past week. It turned out to be quite a few matches in that span and leads me to wonder why I should be punished for wanting to avoid throwing my Xbox 360 through a wall out of frustration of being dead a full second before getting shot even registers. Although, maybe that’s why it was only a one hour ban. I won’t pretend to know how the servers work and what may or may not be wrong with how 343i went about setting things up for online play in this game but from what I’ve read, they didn’t do their due diligence. I don’t think I’ll be buying Halo 5…

Until you’ve played Crysis 2 on Xbox, do not talk about Halo 4 being a laggy mess as it is far from being one.

The fact that there is a game that is worse doesn’t mean that there are no problems with Halo 4…