Halo 4 Lag Issues

I don’t know if this is the right place to post this but is anyone else having problems with the Halo 4 servers? It got so bad for be I tried out other Halo games like Reach or Halo Wars and it was fine.

[deleted]

yes, it has always been lag to some extent or another, other posts will complain of black screens, stop start motion and so on, I have read in another post that this is caused by the net code in Halo 4 and that it also has to do with where matchmaking draws the players from (i.e. australia, europe, mexico , canada, etc) depending on the type of connections this causes a lot of lag

Well that is just wonderful, I mean it just started for me to. I tried messaging admin and stuff about it and still waiting on a reply :confused:

> Well that is just wonderful, I mean it just started for me to. I tried messaging admin and stuff about it and still waiting on a reply :confused:

I’m not sure that an admin would be fully able to help you. Some issues can only be investigated by the people having them. :\

There are four basic reasons why you might experience lag:

a. International connections. I’m generalizing here, but if you’re in North America or Europe, you usually won’t have an issue with this.

b. Bad host selection. Your connection might be fine, but the game may sometimes assign host to a player with an irredeemably awful connection. This is generally only an occasional issue, and in any case it probably can’t be fixed without an extensive and difficult TU.

c. An issue on your end. Only you and your ISP would be able to investigate or fix this. If you want to try to rule out issues on your end, I’d recommend consulting the community-made Connection/NAT thread, and perhaps also contacting your ISP for assistance.

d. Occasional problems or maintenance tasks that affect Xbox LIVE as a whole. I think you can check LIVE’s status on Xbox.com.

> > Well that is just wonderful, I mean it just started for me to. I tried messaging admin and stuff about it and still waiting on a reply :confused:
>
> I’m not sure that an admin would be fully able to help you. Some issues can only be investigated by the people having them. :
>
> There are four basic reasons why you might experience lag:
>
> a. International connections. I’m generalizing here, but if you’re in North America or Europe, you usually won’t have an issue with this.
>
> b. Bad host selection. Your connection might be fine, but the game may sometimes assign host to a player with an irredeemably awful connection. This is generally only an occasional issue, and in any case it probably can’t be fixed without an extensive and difficult TU.
>
> c. An issue on your end. Only you and your ISP would be able to investigate or fix this. If you want to try to rule out issues on your end, I’d recommend consulting the community-made Connection/NAT thread, and perhaps also contacting your ISP for assistance.
>
> d. Occasional problems or maintenance tasks that affect Xbox LIVE as a whole. I think you can check LIVE’s status on Xbox.com.

Okay, I will try seeing what I can do. I have played a few matches this past couple of hours and it seems to be doing a little better which makes me happy ^^. I just wish 343 can vert back to dedicated servers or really fix the one they have now. I mean I really enjoy playing Halo 4 but I really don’t want this to be not just a problem for me but for others who have the same issue I am having :confused:

> yes, it has always been lag to some extent or another, other posts will complain of black screens, stop start motion and so on, I have read in another post that this is caused by the net code in Halo 4 and that it also has to do with where matchmaking draws the players from (i.e. australia, europe, mexico , canada, etc) depending on the type of connections this causes a lot of lag

I have ran into these problem alot lately, i even made a topic on it as well a few days ago, i think i named it: " i keep getting lagged out of games :frowning: "

I’ll be honest, i do have -Yoink!- connections lol, but i also honestly think its 343’s server problems too, i just hope they’ll look into it and fix it if possible.

And i hope i wont have that problem when the weapon tuning gets release cuz that would suck for me :stuck_out_tongue: