Halo 4 L.E. Gamestop preorder cost?

I just preordered my L.E. copy of Halo 4 at my local Gamestop. Since when did their $5 preorder change to $25 now? I asked why, and the clerk said that a lot of people in the past would preorder different editions, but never come back to pick them up. He said this new $25 deposit is a better guarantee that most people will be more likely to come back in and pick up the game now. Anyone else experienced this?

It’s always been like that at GameStop. The bigger your addition, the money it will cost to pre-order. It was like that with Reach, Gears of War, etc. However, the amount it costs is indeed different. $25 dollars for Limited is a significant increase in pre-order amount. It’s probably done to make sure people are serious about buying the limited editions. They probably don’t want another Halo 3/Reach Legendary edition on their hands, where they have a lot of Legendary’s sitting on their shelves, un-bought.

> I just preordered my L.E. copy of Halo 4 at my local Gamestop. Since when did their $5 preorder change to $25 now? I asked why, and the clerk said that a lot of people in the past would preorder different editions, but never come back to pick them up. He said this new $25 deposit is a better guarantee that most people will be more likely to come back in and pick up the game now. Anyone else experienced this?

Really? $25.00 I payed the normal $5.00 but that was bestbuy. I would need to ask friends. That’s interesting though. Are saying my Assassins creed 3 pre order would be $25.00 also?

It’s the limited Edition, it’s $99, I rarely just put down $5, I put down either $25, or the full amount.

They changed it. If it was a $60 game, its $5. If its around $100, its $10. If it was around $150, its $25. For consoles and other stuff, $50. It doesn’t make sense when explaining it like “It increased so the customers will come back” because if they don’t come back to pick it up, they keep the preorder fee and resell the game at full price to who ever wants it. But does it really matter? Your going to get the game when it launches, hence the reason you preorder, to ensure you get a copy.

EDIT: I preordered the console at Gamestop and the Limited Edition at Best Buy. I get both preorder bonuses and all the Halo 4.

> It’s always been like that at GameStop. The bigger your addition, the money it will cost to pre-order. It was like that with Reach, Gears of War, etc.

No it hasn’t. When I preordered my Halo 3 legendary edition, Halo 3 ODST limited edition, Halo Wars limited edition, and Halo Reach legendary edition - they all cost me only $5 to preorder.

> > It’s always been like that at GameStop. The bigger your addition, the money it will cost to pre-order. It was like that with Reach, Gears of War, etc.
>
> No it hasn’t. When I preordered my Halo 3 legendary edition, Halo 3 ODST limited edition, Halo Wars limited edition, and Halo Reach legendary edition - they all cost me only $5 to preorder.

Well maybe your Game Stop was lax on that, some are, and some aren’t.

for preordering:

$5 minimum for Standard Edition of Halo 4 game

$25 minimum for Limited Edition of Halo 4 game

$50 minimum for Limited Edition Halo 4 Xbox 360 Console Bundle

> I just preordered my L.E. copy of Halo 4 at my local Gamestop. Since when did their $5 preorder change to $25 now? I asked why, and the clerk said that a lot of people in the past would preorder different editions, but never come back to pick them up. He said this new $25 deposit is a better guarantee that most people will be more likely to come back in and pick up the game now. Anyone else experienced this?

aye, i did, it was worth it, but by luck i paid it off before i lost my job, but the $110+ was totaly worth… they have to order it themselves, bring it to the specific store, and it would most likely have your name on a peice of paper … therefore classifying that its yours and yours alone …

> They changed it. If it was a $60 game, its $5. If its around $100, its $10. If it was around $150, its $25. For consoles and other stuff, $50. It doesn’t make sense when explaining it like “It increased so the customers will come back” because if they don’t come back to pick it up, they keep the preorder fee and resell the game at full price to who ever wants it. But does it really matter? Your going to get the game when it launches, hence the reason you preorder, to ensure you get a copy.

Yes he told me they had changed it, but it must have been very recently, or since Reach came out because that’s the last game I remember preordering.

I never said it was a “big deal,” I was just wondering if it was happening everywhere else or the guy was telling me a fib.

Your comment says if its $99 then a preorder is $10. Well the L.E. edition IS $99, but it cost me $25 to preorder instead. I don’t think you know exactly either…

> > It’s always been like that at GameStop. The bigger your addition, the money it will cost to pre-order. It was like that with Reach, Gears of War, etc.
>
> No it hasn’t. When I preordered my Halo 3 legendary edition, Halo 3 ODST limited edition, Halo Wars limited edition, and Halo Reach legendary edition - they all cost me only $5 to preorder.

Well, that’s changed. GameStop is probably tired of having people drop 5 dollars on limited edition pre-orders, they order them from the publishers, only to have a majority of them being un-bought on shelves, wasting space and money (so many Reach Limited and Legendary editions piled up on shelves months after launch at GameStop and Best Buy, forcing them to drop prices to sell (making them lose money)). Limited Editions are meant for the serious fans, who they know will pay for it. $25 pre-order guarantees that those who want limited, are serious about it. I can understand that. I would have put down that amount, anyway.

They have their reasons for doing it.

> > They changed it. If it was a $60 game, its $5. If its around $100, its $10. If it was around $150, its $25. For consoles and other stuff, $50. It doesn’t make sense when explaining it like “It increased so the customers will come back” because if they don’t come back to pick it up, they keep the preorder fee and resell the game at full price to who ever wants it. But does it really matter? Your going to get the game when it launches, hence the reason you preorder, to ensure you get a copy.
>
> Yes he told me they had changed it, but it must have been very recently, or since Reach came out because that’s the last game I remember preordering.
>
> I never said it was a “big deal,” I was just wondering if it was happening everywhere else or the guy was telling me a fib.
>
> Your comment says if its $99 then a preorder is $10. Well the L.E. edition IS $99, but it cost me $25 to preorder instead. I don’t think you know exactly either…

Im saying thats how it used to be. The system changed to suit their needs/wants. Preorder costs have increased. I guess they increased it so that if people don’t pick up their game, Gamestop makes more money, as opposed to before. It used to be $10 for a limited edition, but your right, it was increased to $25. It’s a numbers game and it COULD be that Gamestop wants to maximize the amount of money they get.

> They changed it. If it was a $60 game, its $5. If its around $100, its $10. If it was around $150, its $25. For consoles and other stuff, $50. It doesn’t make sense when explaining it like “It increased so the customers will come back” because if they don’t come back to pick it up, they keep the preorder fee and resell the game at full price to who ever wants it. But does it really matter? Your going to get the game when it launches, hence the reason you preorder, to ensure you get a copy.
>
> EDIT: I preordered the console at Gamestop and the Limited Edition at Best Buy. I get both preorder bonuses and all the Halo 4.

You’re not getting “everything,” just look around the globe at all the different preorder bonuses for Halo 4, there are lots of skins, etc. that we can’t get here in the U.S., unless you happen to find them pop up on ebay after launch.

Hopefully they will become DLC eventually though…

$59.99 item (game/Halo 4 controller) = $5.00 preorder.
$99.99 item (LE game) = $25.00 preorder.
$399.99 item (Halo 4 console) = $50.00 preorder.

> > They changed it. If it was a $60 game, its $5. If its around $100, its $10. If it was around $150, its $25. For consoles and other stuff, $50. It doesn’t make sense when explaining it like “It increased so the customers will come back” because if they don’t come back to pick it up, they keep the preorder fee and resell the game at full price to who ever wants it. But does it really matter? Your going to get the game when it launches, hence the reason you preorder, to ensure you get a copy.
> >
> > EDIT: I preordered the console at Gamestop and the Limited Edition at Best Buy. I get both preorder bonuses and all the Halo 4.
>
> You’re not getting “everything,” just look around the globe at all the different preorder bonuses for Halo 4, there are lots of skins, etc. that we can’t get here in the U.S., unless you happen to find them pop up on ebay after launch.
>
> Hopefully they will become DLC eventually though…

I didn’t mean EVERYTHING. Besides, I don’t really like the patterns you can put on your armor.

> $59.99 item (game/Halo 4 controller) = $5.00 preorder.
> $99.99 item (LE game) = $25.00 preorder.
> $399.99 item (Halo 4 console) = $50.00 preorder.

Basically what this guy said, regular games cost $5. LE is a special edition so it costs $25.

> > $59.99 item (game/Halo 4 controller) = $5.00 preorder.
> > $99.99 item (LE game) = $25.00 preorder.
> > $399.99 item (Halo 4 console) = $50.00 preorder.
>
> Basically what this guy said, regular games cost $5. LE is a special edition so it costs $25.

Ok, like I said, I didn’t know they had upped the preorder costs since the last time I had preordered a game…

if people are paying $5 for preorder and not picking them up then that person is loosing out so in that case gamestop is getting money for nothing they should keep it that way lol

For regular games it is still $5, and it used to be $5 for pretty much anything. But, like previously stated, there were oodles of collectors edition taking up much needed space. The $25 for a collectors edition isn’t unreasonable in my opinion. The people who are serious about getting a limited/collectors edition of a game will still get it, and the people who aren’t will not and there won’t be a limited amount of limited/collectors edition of games. It’s a win-win situation for the most part. Any collectors/limited edition of a game that will be over $100 will be a $25 down pre-order. Any console/tablet is going to be $50 down