Halo 4 Known Features Thread

1. Halo 4 will continue Master Chief’s story. [Trailer]

2. Halo 4 comes out Holiday 2012. [Trailer]

3. The main enemy in Halo 4 is an “ancient evil”. [Waypoint Description]

4. Terminals in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary will hint towards the story of Halo 4, but not with writing. The terminals will be much more visual and will be narrated by the voice actor of 343 guilty spark. [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/309556/343s-guide-to-halo-ce-anniversary/]

5. More of Halo 4 will be revealed in Halo Fest. [Halo: CEA Exclusive Video Documentary]

6. Chief will have a personality change. We might see emotions. Lots of sources for this but this one goes somewhat in depth: http://gamerant.com/halo-4-master-chief-changed-man-dyce-92935/ [Thanks to Sliding Ghost]

7. If it follows orgins as canon( which it most likely will considering 343 made that story) it can’t take place any earlier than 2556 [Thanks to unip8]

8. Halo: Glasslands will be the beginning of a new trilogy of books that will follow the events of Halo 3 and bridge between Halo 3 and Halo 4.

9. The weapon in the teaser trailer will be part of the game. [still searching for the interview in which he said that]

1. Chief will have a personality/behavior change. Lots of sources for this but this one has commentary: http://gamerant.com/halo-4-master-chief-changed-man-dyce-92935/

Thanks, I forgot this one.

1. If it follows orgins as canon( which it most likely will considering 343 made that story) it can’t take place any earlier than 2556

Thank you!

Unip8: It’s alreayd confirmed Halo 4 Is RIGHT after Halo 3 so of course it will be canon to the last 3 Main Halo games.

He meant if it follows the “Origins” chapter of Halo Legends.

Personality change? Hell no! Look at what happened to Metroid and how many fans were disappointed to see their once fearless heroine become some emotional girl in Metroid: Other M. Master Chief needs to stay how he was from H-H3 and there needs to be no emotional thing or so.

I hope they don’t show Master Chief’s face because I don’t want to see what he looks. That’s what makes Master Chief a mystery and people won’t be disappointed about seeing his face.

They won’t show his face. And I don’t think they will make him into a whimp either. Master Chief is a character thats supposed to depict the gamer, they will never give him a strong personality.

When you’re in Cheif’s boots, the philosophy has always been that YOU ARE HIM in gameplay.

But as for more talk and character from him in cutscenes, that’d be great. He may be a Spartan II but he isn’t anywhere near invincible, by the end of ‘The Flood’ sheer exhaustion nearly killed him. The first time he met a Brute he nearly died.

Oh but what the hell am I talking about? Games>books canon wise alwaayyysss. So as far as we’re concerned he is green mean killing machine with no emotions and is invincible.

I don’t know how he will change his personality. I Just want tofreakign know How did he change his armor in Croygenic sleep.

I didn’t get that either… :expressionless:

What I think they mean by personality change is making him more like he is in the books, confident, hates losing, etc. I don’t see the whole Samus thing happening, I just think 343 will follow cannon a little more closely.

1. New weapons. [Teaser]

We can’t be sure of that. There will obviously be new weapons but that thing may not be one.

> We can’t be sure of that. There will obviously be new weapons but that thing may not be one.

That’s very true. It would be odd, however, for 343 to put a weapon in their teaser and not put it in the game. Only time will tell I guess.

what new weapon? it’s just a magnum isn’t it?

Hello again, everyone. Is there something I missed? I want to keep updating this every once in a while.

> > We can’t be sure of that. There will obviously be new weapons but that thing may not be one.
>
> That’s very true. It would be odd, however, for 343 to put a weapon in their teaser and not put it in the game. Only time will tell I guess.

Actually the weapon has been confirmed in a interview with i think frankie.

Yes I know, NOW its been confirmed. And NOW its on the list.