Halo 4: Killcams are Optional

I have seen it in videos posted from Eurogamer. Gameplays show that the killcams were started, but suddenly halted. This is possibly due to a button that you can press to turn off the killcams and return to the regular death screen from classic Halos.

If this is the case, then I, for one am happy. Not just for me, but for everybody. This allows killcams to be able to be played for those that are willing to watch them, while allowing them to be turned off while you respawn for those that despise them.

Death cam should be the default cam you go into, as any good player will be switching out of kill cams every single death.

> Death cam should be the default cam you go into, as any good player will be switching out of kill cams every single death.

Are you sure about that? There are plenty of people here who really diddn’t seem to mind the killcams and were willing to watch them as default. So, not everybody would automatically switch to deathcam upon death, just those that hate it, like you apparently.

> > Death cam should be the default cam you go into, as any good player will be switching out of kill cams every single death.
>
> Are you sure about that? There are plenty of people here who really diddn’t seem to mind the killcams and were willing to watch them as default. So, not everybody would automatically switch to deathcam upon death, just those that hate it, like you apparently.

I put the qualifier “good” in there for a reason. And I don’t hate kill cams at all, they are just useless, especially compared to a cam that you can pivot and feeds you information several seconds after your death.

Meh, I am indifferent about the whole thing.

> > > Death cam should be the default cam you go into, as any good player will be switching out of kill cams every single death.
> >
> > Are you sure about that? There are plenty of people here who really diddn’t seem to mind the killcams and were willing to watch them as default. So, not everybody would automatically switch to deathcam upon death, just those that hate it, like you apparently.
>
> I put the qualifier “good” in there for a reason. And I don’t hate kill cams at all, they are just useless, especially compared to a cam that you can pivot and feeds you information several seconds after your death.

Sorry, I guess I read your post in the wrong context.

Proof?

I’m going to keep them on so I can see who killed me, and come back and kill them.

> > > Death cam should be the default cam you go into, as any good player will be switching out of kill cams every single death.
> >
> > Are you sure about that? There are plenty of people here who really diddn’t seem to mind the killcams and were willing to watch them as default. So, not everybody would automatically switch to deathcam upon death, just those that hate it, like you apparently.
>
> I put the qualifier “good” in there for a reason. And I don’t hate kill cams at all, <mark>they are just useless, especially compared to a cam that you can pivot and feeds you information several seconds after your death.</mark>

I second this…

> Proof?

Here you go. I hope my thread doesn’t get locked and/or this doesn’t count as leaked content.

> I have seen it in videos posted from Eurogamer. Gameplays show that the killcams were started, but suddenly halted. This is possibly due to a button that you can press to turn off the killcams and return to the regular death screen from classic Halos.
>
> If this is the case, then I, for one am happy. Not just for me, but for everybody. This allows killcams to be able to be played for those that are willing to watch them, while allowing them to be turned off while you respawn for those that despise them.

So by your logic, you’re not willing to see where an enemy sniper has killed you, but an enemy sniper can see how you killed him.

Awesome.

> I’m going to keep them on so I can see who killed me, and come back and kill them.

Just don’t let them kill you again. You’ll have egg on your face. :wink:

> > I have seen it in videos posted from Eurogamer. Gameplays show that the killcams were started, but suddenly halted. This is possibly due to a button that you can press to turn off the killcams and return to the regular death screen from classic Halos.
> >
> > If this is the case, then I, for one am happy. Not just for me, but for everybody. This allows killcams to be able to be played for those that are willing to watch them, while allowing them to be turned off while you respawn for those that despise them.
>
> So by your logic, you’re not willing to see where an enemy sniper has killed you, but an enemy sniper can see how you killed him.
>
> Awesome.

When in my post did I state that I diddn’t want killcams? I’m for them, I just am happy that they aren’t like CoD where you are forced to watch them until you respawn. It adds variety.

> > I’m going to keep them on so I can see who killed me, and come back and kill them.
>
> Just don’t let them kill you again. You’ll have egg on your face. :wink:

Haha that’s happened so many times. But I learn and adapt and I’ve become a better player because of it. One thing I learned first, is never charge back to get revenge because you’ll be hot headed, make mistakes and die.

> >
>
> I put the qualifier “good” in there for a reason. And I don’t hate kill cams at all, they are just useless, especially compared to a cam that you can pivot and feeds you information several seconds after your death.

This guy is right on the money. I find it funny how they added a kill cam to “assist” newer players but in all actuality it is much less useful than the death cam in previous games. Kill cams are so pointless compared to the death cam. Who would rather watch them self die again rather than seeing what their opponent is going to do next?

Any critical thinking on behalf of 343 would’ve revealed this.

I understand your intentions 343 but your actions are counter intuitive.

> This guy is right on the money. I find it funny how they added a kill cam to “assist” newer players but in all actuality it is much less useful than the death cam in previous games. Kill cams are so pointless compared to the death cam. Who would rather watch them self die again rather than seeing what their opponent is going to do next?
>
> Any critical thinking on behalf of 343 would’ve revealed this.
>
> I understand your intentions 343 but your actions are counter intuitive.

This. I don’t mind if they’re in certain game modes but they don’t add anything to Halo, as it’s almost always clear how and who you’re getting killed by.

The 4 seconds after your death are much more important so you can call out where your enemy is going and what weapon he’s picking up.

> > This guy is right on the money. I find it funny how they added a kill cam to “assist” newer players but in all actuality it is much less useful than the death cam in previous games. Kill cams are so pointless compared to the death cam. Who would rather watch them self die again rather than seeing what their opponent is going to do next?
> >
> > Any critical thinking on behalf of 343 would’ve revealed this.
> >
> > I understand your intentions 343 but your actions are counter intuitive.
>
> This. I don’t mind if they’re in certain game modes but they don’t add anything to Halo, as it’s almost always always how and who you’re getting killed by.
>
> The 4 seconds after your death are much more important so you can call out where your enemy is going and what weapon he’s picking up.

Agreed. The death cam is much better for competitive gameplay. However, that’s why I’m glad we have the option, so we aren’t being forced to watch the killcams if we don’t want to.

> > Proof?
>
> Here you go. I hope my thread doesn’t get locked and/or this doesn’t count as leaked content.

No, that doesn’t count as leaked.

Also, Thank God those are optional and thank you for letting us know and for bringing us some new gameplay.

Now I can see how I died, and the ‘Victory Crouching’ =D
Seriously though, this is good, if I get sniped I can call out the sniper’s position, and if I’m meleed can say where the enemy is going.

> > > Proof?
> >
> > Here you go. I hope my thread doesn’t get locked and/or this doesn’t count as leaked content.
>
> No, that doesn’t count as leaked.
>
> Also, Thank God those are optional and thank you for letting us know and for bringing us some new gameplay.

Your welcome. Anytime for anyone who is willing to get the details right in a non biased way (with my own opinion in it afterward).