Halo 4 just about secured GOTY

So Halo 4 has probably been one of the top contenders for Game of the year for 2012.

The other game that can probably match it and have a chance to win would have been Assassins Creed 3.

And now that we know the AC3 ending, we can assume that Halo 4 has secured the GOTY award.

going to go out on a limb and say AC3 Pulled a ME3 with its ending?

EDIT: or we talking leaked H4 ending? I swear to Odin you post any spoiler…

[deleted]

Definitely game of the year :}

Definitely game of the year :}

highly unlikely

I want halo to succeed just as much as the next guy but if we`re being honest halo 4 would be lucky to win any award this year.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> highly unlikely
>
> I want halo to succeed just as much as the next guy but if we`re being honest halo 4 would be lucky to win any award this year.

When you open your presents at christmas this year, I hope you get an mri scan cause there’s something seriously wrong with your head… like, as if it were completely filled full, to the brim, with -Yoink-

Halo 4 will win GOTY.

> > highly unlikely
> >
> > I want halo to succeed just as much as the next guy but if we`re being honest halo 4 would be lucky to win any award this year.
>
> When you open your presents at christmas this year, I hope you get an mri scan cause there’s something seriously wrong with your head… like, as if it were completely filled full, to the brim, with -Yoink!-

He doesnt need just one he needs two!

Halo 4 for sure will be a big game for any video game awards.

Games that will probably get nominated for GOTY are;
-Halo 4
-Assassin’s Creed III
-Mass Effect 3
-Diablo 3
-Black Ops 2
Maybe a Pokemon game or a WiiU title just to give Nintendo some hope

Halo 4 for sure will win Best Xbox 360 game.

Other categories it’ll probably compete for are;
-Best Multi-player
-Best Shooter
-Best Musical Score
-Best Graphics
And depending how far Spartan-Ops goes - Best DLC

While I’d love to Halo 4 to win the GOTY I just don’t think the 6th or 7th Sequel deserves to win a GOTY of the year.
Dishonoured for my liking will/should win honestly. Although it’s entirely unoriginal in what makes it (Combine Bioshock and Assassins creed and place in the city from Half Life 2) It is a fantastic game overall.

Well woopdy diddly -Yoinking!- doo! From what I can garner, you’re pretty much saying AC3s ending blows! Thanks man.

Jk I’m not mad. That game still looks -Yoinking!- boss.(2 days can’t go any slower)

OT: I would love to see either win GOTY. I just have a little tickling feeling that it is going to go to COD. Money goes a long way, Activision D-Bags.

> Well woopdy diddly -Yoinking!- doo! From what I can garner, you’re pretty much saying AC3s ending blows! Thanks man.
>
> Jk I’m not mad. That game still looks -Yoinking!- boss.(2 days can’t go any slower)
>
> OT: I would love to see either win GOTY. I just have a little tickling feeling that it is going to go to COD. Money goes a long way, Activision D-Bags.

so does a ranking system…

> so does a ranking system…

Please don’t bring that ranking system BS here man. I don’t want to see this topic go up in flames.

> Well woopdy diddly -Yoinking!- doo! From what I can garner, you’re pretty much saying AC3s ending blows! Thanks man.
>
> Jk I’m not mad. That game still looks -Yoinking!- boss.(2 days can’t go any slower)
>
> OT: I would love to see either win GOTY. I just have a little tickling feeling that it is going to go to COD. Money goes a long way, Activision D-Bags.

CoD, actually hasn’t won and GOTY Awards since 2009 with Modern Warfare 2, to my knowledge.

If anything it will probably go to AC3, if people approve of the ending. Or, ME 3 due to the huge number of fanboys despite the ending. Personally, I found the ending to be satisfying. Then, of course there is Diablo III.

I believe it’ll come down to:

Halo 4
Diablo 3
Assassin’s Creed 3
Mass Effect 3
Borderlands 2
Hitman: Absolution (Underdog)

> And now that we know the AC3 ending, we can assume that Halo 4 has secured the GOTY award.

(No-spoilers)
So I just watched the ending of AC3. Not a big fan of AC.

But I don’t think is a bad ending. Is just the typicall AC ending…
Unless you think the previous endings were bad…

> Halo 4 for sure will be a big game for any video game awards.
>
> Games that will probably get nominated for GOTY are;
> -Halo 4
> -Assassin’s Creed III
> -Mass Effect 3
> -Diablo 3
> -Black Ops 2
> Maybe a Pokemon game or a WiiU title just to give Nintendo some hope
>
> Halo 4 for sure will win Best Xbox 360 game.
>
> Other categories it’ll probably compete for are;
> -Best Multi-player
> -Best Shooter
> -Best Musical Score
> -Best Graphics
> And depending how far Spartan-Ops goes - Best DLC

Dont forget Borderlands 2 or Dishonored. Any sellout site will give Ac3 goty. On the other sites, I think it will be between Halo 4, Borderlands 2, maybe Blops 2

> Halo 4
> Assassin’s Creed 3
> Mass Effect 3
> Borderlands 2

These would be the 4 games I would love to see. I’m a little iffy about ME3 though. A lot of people seemed to be affected by the ending, and subsequent DLC(both of which I had absolutely no problem with). It pisses me off, ya know. I have friends who blatantly bash ME3 without ever touching the series. All because of what they read about the ending.

But I digress. These are the Waypoint forums afterall. Not Bioware.

There is no such thing as a single “GOTY”. Every video game publication and news source will have their own GOTY. I am sure at least one place will award it to Halo 4 though.

I still stand with this list of GOTY candidates, of which each of them has about equal chances to actually win:

Halo 4
Mass Effect 3
Assassins Creed 3
Diablo 3
Borderlands 2
Dishonored

Only one that might have an advantage is easy to spot in that list…just look no further than the one without a number. Its new, its original and it does some refreshing things.
GOTY’s tend to go to original/new games, and not to shooters (because no matter how good/how well they sell, shooters still are “just” a mass product aimed at masses that rarely do anything new).

H4 certainly has a big chance, more than BO2, but I really don’t think we should think 343i can already make some room for those awards in their awards cabinets…