Halo 4 isn't going to be like the classics...

…and it shouldn’t be. It’s not supposed to be.

Halo 1-3 are fun, but Halo needs change. It needs improvement. Some people say “Halo is fine the way it is! Why is 343i changing everything?”

Well that’s what Infinity Ward/Treyarch has been doing with Call of Duty. They think it’s fine the way it is, and they don’t need to drastically change anything. So they come out with a new game every year, almost exactly the same gameplay wise. Black Ops 2 will probably be almost exactly the same as the original Black Ops. This is why they fail to deliver new experiences for their fans. CoD is a fun, casual game. But that’s all it will ever be.

As for Halo 4, 343i is trying to evolve the Halo franchise, while still keeping the original Halo feel. Custom Loadouts, Specializations, Insta-Spawn, Perks, ect., are very minor to the core gameplay experience of Halo. They are IMPROVING the Halo franchise, NOT turning it in to something it’s not. This is why 343i succeeds in making a faithful yet new Halo game.

So please don’t complain about “how specializations are ruining Halo” and “how Halo is turning into CoD”. It’s kind of annoying, and it’s not respectful to 343i.

I appreciate 343i for working their butts off for the past 4 years to make the best Halo 4 they could ever make.

true dat

Then don’t put Halo in the title.

How is it that, by following the path laid down by the juggernaut that is CoD, 343 is “evolving Halo”?

Wouldn’t it be more evolutionary, and revolutionary, to forge their own path?

> …and it shouldn’t be. It’s not supposed to be.
>
> Halo 1-3 are fun, but Halo needs change. It needs improvement. Some people say “Halo is fine the way it is! Why is 343i changing everything?”
>
> Well that’s what Infinity Ward/Treyarch has been doing with Call of Duty. They think it’s fine the way it is, and they don’t need to drastically change anything. So they come out with a new game every year, almost exactly the same gameplay wise. Black Ops 2 will probably be almost exactly the same as the original Black Ops. This is why they fail to deliver new experiences for their fans. CoD is a fun, casual game. But that’s all it will ever be.
>
> As for Halo 4, 343i is trying to evolve the Halo franchise, while still keeping the original Halo feel. Custom Loadouts, Specializations, Insta-Spawn, Perks, ect., are very minor to the core gameplay experience of Halo. They are IMPROVING the Halo franchise, NOT turning it in to something it’s not. This is why 343i succeeds in making a faithful yet new Halo game.
>
> So please don’t complain about “how specializations are ruining Halo” and “how Halo is turning into CoD”. It’s kind of annoying, and it’s not respectful to 343i.
>
> <mark>I appreciate 343i for working their butts off for the past 4 years to make the best Halo 4 they could ever make on the 360.</mark>

Minor fix lol and agree with post for the most part.

> Then don’t put Halo in the title.

And you tell me my logic is unsound…

> > Then don’t put Halo in the title.
>
> And you tell me my logic is unsound…

Explain what is illogical about that.

> > …and it shouldn’t be. It’s not supposed to be.
> >
> > Halo 1-3 are fun, but Halo needs change. It needs improvement. Some people say “Halo is fine the way it is! Why is 343i changing everything?”
> >
> > Well that’s what Infinity Ward/Treyarch has been doing with Call of Duty. They think it’s fine the way it is, and they don’t need to drastically change anything. So they come out with a new game every year, almost exactly the same gameplay wise. Black Ops 2 will probably be almost exactly the same as the original Black Ops. This is why they fail to deliver new experiences for their fans. CoD is a fun, casual game. But that’s all it will ever be.
> >
> > As for Halo 4, 343i is trying to evolve the Halo franchise, while still keeping the original Halo feel. Custom Loadouts, Specializations, Insta-Spawn, Perks, ect., are very minor to the core gameplay experience of Halo. They are IMPROVING the Halo franchise, NOT turning it in to something it’s not. This is why 343i succeeds in making a faithful yet new Halo game.
> >
> > So please don’t complain about “how specializations are ruining Halo” and “how Halo is turning into CoD”. It’s kind of annoying, and it’s not respectful to 343i.
> >
> > <mark>I appreciate 343i for working their butts off for the past 4 years to make the best Halo 4 they could ever make on the 360.</mark>
>
> Minor fix lol and agree with post for the most part.

Why ‘on the 360’? Aren’t they only making it for Xbox 360?

> true dat

That is exactly what I thought.

> > > Then don’t put Halo in the title.
> >
> > And you tell me my logic is unsound…
>
> Explain what is illogical about that.

You appear to think that if it isn’t a revamped Halo 2 or Halo 3, it isn’t Halo anymore, when it obviously is.

I agree

But others disagree

Looks like Halo, check.
Feels like Halo, check.
Sounds like Halo, check.
Tastes like Halo, check.
Smells like Halo, eh.

All kidding aside, it is Halo. So what if they make a few changes that let the player customize their play style. There will still be a classic playlist. Although, I doubt anyone will play it because Infinity Slayer will probably end up far superior.

> > > > Then don’t put Halo in the title.
> > >
> > > And you tell me my logic is unsound…
> >
> > Explain what is illogical about that.
>
> You appear to think that if it isn’t a revamped Halo 2 or Halo 3, it isn’t Halo anymore, when it obviously is.

Lol, no. You have no idea what I think, but the simple fact of the matter is the Halo 4 multiplayer is no where close to the classic Halo multiplayer. That can not be argued, it is a new game in terms of multiplayer.

Now, considering the story line will most likely not take place on a Halo ring, is the title “Halo” really so fitting? No.

> > > …and it shouldn’t be. It’s not supposed to be.
> > >
> > > Halo 1-3 are fun, but Halo needs change. It needs improvement. Some people say “Halo is fine the way it is! Why is 343i changing everything?”
> > >
> > > Well that’s what Infinity Ward/Treyarch has been doing with Call of Duty. They think it’s fine the way it is, and they don’t need to drastically change anything. So they come out with a new game every year, almost exactly the same gameplay wise. Black Ops 2 will probably be almost exactly the same as the original Black Ops. This is why they fail to deliver new experiences for their fans. CoD is a fun, casual game. But that’s all it will ever be.
> > >
> > > As for Halo 4, 343i is trying to evolve the Halo franchise, while still keeping the original Halo feel. Custom Loadouts, Specializations, Insta-Spawn, Perks, ect., are very minor to the core gameplay experience of Halo. They are IMPROVING the Halo franchise, NOT turning it in to something it’s not. This is why 343i succeeds in making a faithful yet new Halo game.
> > >
> > > So please don’t complain about “how specializations are ruining Halo” and “how Halo is turning into CoD”. It’s kind of annoying, and it’s not respectful to 343i.
> > >
> > > <mark>I appreciate 343i for working their butts off for the past 4 years to make the best Halo 4 they could ever make on the 360.</mark>
> >
> > Minor fix lol and agree with post for the most part.
>
> Why ‘on the 360’? Aren’t they only making it for Xbox 360?

Yeah, but Reach was said to push the 360 to its limits. That was a lie imo, halo 4 looks like it is straining the 360, but in a good way lol.

> > > > …and it shouldn’t be. It’s not supposed to be.
> > > >
> > > > Halo 1-3 are fun, but Halo needs change. It needs improvement. Some people say “Halo is fine the way it is! Why is 343i changing everything?”
> > > >
> > > > Well that’s what Infinity Ward/Treyarch has been doing with Call of Duty. They think it’s fine the way it is, and they don’t need to drastically change anything. So they come out with a new game every year, almost exactly the same gameplay wise. Black Ops 2 will probably be almost exactly the same as the original Black Ops. This is why they fail to deliver new experiences for their fans. CoD is a fun, casual game. But that’s all it will ever be.
> > > >
> > > > As for Halo 4, 343i is trying to evolve the Halo franchise, while still keeping the original Halo feel. Custom Loadouts, Specializations, Insta-Spawn, Perks, ect., are very minor to the core gameplay experience of Halo. They are IMPROVING the Halo franchise, NOT turning it in to something it’s not. This is why 343i succeeds in making a faithful yet new Halo game.
> > > >
> > > > So please don’t complain about “how specializations are ruining Halo” and “how Halo is turning into CoD”. It’s kind of annoying, and it’s not respectful to 343i.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>I appreciate 343i for working their butts off for the past 4 years to make the best Halo 4 they could ever make on the 360.</mark>
> > >
> > > Minor fix lol and agree with post for the most part.
> >
> > Why ‘on the 360’? Aren’t they only making it for Xbox 360?
>
> Yeah, but Reach was said to push the 360 to its limits. That was a lie imo, halo 4 looks like it is straining the 360, but in a good way lol.

Ah. Thanks for making it clear. :slight_smile:

People continue to argue that the introduction of custom classes to Halo is improving Halo and keeping it from becoming a stale shooter. I’m not saying it is wrong of you to have this opinion, in fact I support you having an opinion because its better for 343 to have a community of people who care about the game.
However, your opinion is just an opinion, which means it isn’t more credible than someone else’s opinion that these changes are unnecessary in Halo.
There are other ways to change Halo while still keeping many of the traditionalists happy. That isn’t to say 343 is making a bad Halo game, I happen to love the majority of what they are doing. I am just not fond of several decisions that have made for the multiplayer aspect of the gameplay.
I am going to end this long post by saying that what you may see as “tiny” changes appear to be much more drastic to traditionalists.In addition, while it may seem disrespectful to question 343 in their motives, most traditionalists argue that its disrespectful to Halo to change it so much. Finally, most developers prefer to have a vocal community with varying negative and positive view rather than a community that shows only fondness for all decisions.

Halo 4 is gonna be awesome. I don’t understand why alot of people are knocking it right now…It is different, that doesn’t mean its a bad thing. I agree with you OP, I’m sure 343 did their part in making it a great game. Bungie gave it up…these guys from 343 are from Bungie who decided they wanted to keep the Halo games going. Its not a bad thing to have NEW in the game. who wants the same copy and paste game…it takes no skill to play CoD… I played MW2 after that it was the exact same game with “new” designs and weapons. Its not a good game at all especially Campaign. Halo offers a great campaign and Multiplayer

> > > > > Then don’t put Halo in the title.
> > > >
> > > > And you tell me my logic is unsound…
> > >
> > > Explain what is illogical about that.
> >
> > You appear to think that if it isn’t a revamped Halo 2 or Halo 3, it isn’t Halo anymore, when it obviously is.
>
> Lol, no. You have no idea what I think, but the simple fact of the matter is the Halo 4 multiplayer is no where close to the classic Halo multiplayer. That can not be argued, it is a new game in terms of multiplayer.
>
>
> Now, considering the story line will most likely not take place on a Halo ring, is the title “Halo” really so fitting? No.

I think a cooler title would be “Halo 4: Requiem”.

> People continue to argue that the introduction of custom classes to Halo is improving Halo and keeping it from becoming a stale shooter. I’m not saying it is wrong of you to have this opinion, in fact I support you having an opinion because its better for 343 to have a community of people who care about the game.
> However, your opinion is just an opinion, which means it isn’t more credible than someone else’s opinion that these changes are unnecessary in Halo.
> There are other ways to change Halo while still keeping many of the traditionalists happy. That isn’t to say 343 is making a bad Halo game, I happen to love the majority of what they are doing. I am just not fond of several decisions that have made for the multiplayer aspect of the gameplay.
> I am going to end this long post by saying that what you may see as “tiny” changes appear to be much more drastic to traditionalists.In addition, while it may seem disrespectful to question 343 in their motives, most traditionalists argue that its disrespectful to Halo to change it so much. Finally, most developers prefer to have a vocal community with varying negative and positive view rather than a community that shows only fondness for all decisions.

I mostly agree with you. As to me (I’m not a traditionalist), these changes seem minor to me. But to some people they may seem bigger, which I can understand. IMO I think it is improving the game, but to some people it may seem like a downgrade. I don’t know if it really will be or not until I actually play the game.

this is a brand new trilogy… It has everything in halo so yes put halo in the title.