Halo 4 is...

The best game I have ever played, period.

It is the most stunning, amazing, smooth, graphically-pleasurable, game I’ve ever seen. (Talking mainly about the campaign here).

I just played the first level, a bit into the second.

I’m sorry Bungie, but from what I’ve played, its trumped your Halos. (no offence).

Guys, get out there and buy this game immediately. Just from the first level, hell, from the first cutscene, it’s worth triple the money you pay for it.

343, I am yours, faithfully, forever.

99% of us have bought it, we’re just waiting on it to arrive, it is good to know it’s not all complaints from day 1 though.

I still think bungie will be the king of halo.

@ OP Agreed!

Though im thinking of toning down the difficulty as im on legendary on mission 3 and Getting my -Yoink- handed to me!!

Minor Mission 3 Spoiler question

How the hell am i meant to take on 4 Promethean knights at once?!?!? Do they have weaknesses?

> @ OP Agreed!
>
> Though im thinking of toning down the difficulty as im on legendary on mission 3 and Getting my -Yoink!- handed to me!!
>
> Minor Mission 3 Spoiler question
> How the hell am i meant to take on 4 Promethean knights at once?!?!? Do they have weaknesses?

In the words of Johnson " Get tactical marine!! "

> @ OP Agreed!
>
> <mark>Though im thinking of toning down the difficulty as im on legendary on mission 3 and Getting my -Yoink!- handed to me!!</mark>
>
> How the hell am i meant to take on 4 Promethean knights at once?!?!? Do they have weaknesses?

Excelllent…

Sorry man, I’m not gonna read that spoiler haha. Don’t want to ruin anything!

But the emotional tone in this is amazing. Especially after -

SPOILERS SORTA

The first mission, with Chief and Cortana. The music, everything, it was amazing.

> > @ OP Agreed!
> >
> > Though im thinking of toning down the difficulty as im on legendary on mission 3 and Getting my -Yoink!- handed to me!!
> >
> > Minor Mission 3 Spoiler question
> > How the hell am i meant to take on 4 Promethean knights at once?!?!? Do they have weaknesses?
>
> In the words of Johnson " Get tactical marine!! "

Thankyou for quoting Johnson! your right lol i wont be turning it down from legendary but turning up my agression! The new enemies are definitely harder than the Covvie i need to figure out how to destroy them easily.

> The best game I have ever played, period.
>
> It is the most stunning, amazing, smooth, graphically-pleasurable, game I’ve ever seen. (Talking mainly about the campaign here).
>
> I just played the first level, a bit into the second.
>
> I’m sorry Bungie, but from what I’ve played, its trumped your Halos. (no offence).
>
> Guys, get out there and buy this game immediately. Just from the first level, hell, from the first cutscene, it’s worth triple the money you pay for it.
>
> 343, I am yours, faithfully, forever.

While I don’t disagree that Halo is awesome,

as far as graphics and sounds go I have plenty on my PC that trump it.

Now if Halo 4 was to come to PC with higher resolution textures, native 1080p+ support?

That would be amazing.

> > The best game I have ever played, period.
> >
> > It is the most stunning, amazing, smooth, graphically-pleasurable, game I’ve ever seen. (Talking mainly about the campaign here).
> >
> > I just played the first level, a bit into the second.
> >
> > I’m sorry Bungie, but from what I’ve played, its trumped your Halos. (no offence).
> >
> > Guys, get out there and buy this game immediately. Just from the first level, hell, from the first cutscene, it’s worth triple the money you pay for it.
> >
> > 343, I am yours, faithfully, forever.
>
> While I don’t disagree that Halo is awesome,
>
> as far as graphics and sounds go I have plenty on my PC that trump it.
>
> Now if Halo 4 was to come to PC with higher resolution textures, native 1080p+ support?
>
> That would be amazing.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i thought that pc grapics were usually lower quality that the consoles.

> > > The best game I have ever played, period.
> > >
> > > It is the most stunning, amazing, smooth, graphically-pleasurable, game I’ve ever seen. (Talking mainly about the campaign here).
> > >
> > > I just played the first level, a bit into the second.
> > >
> > > I’m sorry Bungie, but from what I’ve played, its trumped your Halos. (no offence).
> > >
> > > Guys, get out there and buy this game immediately. Just from the first level, hell, from the first cutscene, it’s worth triple the money you pay for it.
> > >
> > > 343, I am yours, faithfully, forever.
> >
> > While I don’t disagree that Halo is awesome,
> >
> > as far as graphics and sounds go I have plenty on my PC that trump it.
> >
> > Now if Halo 4 was to come to PC with higher resolution textures, native 1080p+ support?
> >
> > That would be amazing.
>
> Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i thought that pc grapics were usually lower quality that the consoles.

PC far surpasses console in all ways, and probably will with the next gen of consoles.

> > > The best game I have ever played, period.
> > >
> > > It is the most stunning, amazing, smooth, graphically-pleasurable, game I’ve ever seen. (Talking mainly about the campaign here).
> > >
> > > I just played the first level, a bit into the second.
> > >
> > > I’m sorry Bungie, but from what I’ve played, its trumped your Halos. (no offence).
> > >
> > > Guys, get out there and buy this game immediately. Just from the first level, hell, from the first cutscene, it’s worth triple the money you pay for it.
> > >
> > > 343, I am yours, faithfully, forever.
> >
> > While I don’t disagree that Halo is awesome,
> >
> > as far as graphics and sounds go I have plenty on my PC that trump it.
> >
> > Now if Halo 4 was to come to PC with higher resolution textures, native 1080p+ support?
> >
> > That would be amazing.
>
> Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i thought that pc grapics were usually lower quality that the consoles.

Its not stupid, I mean if you don’t play how would you know. But no, PC graphics are able to be much better because hardware can be upgrade as technology improves. The guts of the 360 are about 1/16th as powerful as my gaming PC.

Why do people think the word period at the end of a sentance makes it seem more important? WTF does a womans monthly cycle have to do with anything?

> > > > The best game I have ever played, period.
> > > >
> > > > It is the most stunning, amazing, smooth, graphically-pleasurable, game I’ve ever seen. (Talking mainly about the campaign here).
> > > >
> > > > I just played the first level, a bit into the second.
> > > >
> > > > I’m sorry Bungie, but from what I’ve played, its trumped your Halos. (no offence).
> > > >
> > > > Guys, get out there and buy this game immediately. Just from the first level, hell, from the first cutscene, it’s worth triple the money you pay for it.
> > > >
> > > > 343, I am yours, faithfully, forever.
> > >
> > > While I don’t disagree that Halo is awesome,
> > >
> > > as far as graphics and sounds go I have plenty on my PC that trump it.
> > >
> > > Now if Halo 4 was to come to PC with higher resolution textures, native 1080p+ support?
> > >
> > > That would be amazing.
> >
> > Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i thought that pc grapics were usually lower quality that the consoles.
>
> PC far surpasses console in all ways, and probably will with the next gen of consoles.

oh right i didnt know that, but i have watch gameplay of halo, cod etc on the pc and the graphics aren’t as good as the consoles. Does it just depend on the game, pc etc?

> @ OP Agreed!
>
> Though im thinking of toning down the difficulty as im on legendary on mission 3 and Getting my -Yoink!- handed to me!!
>

Is the campaign as difficult as 343 claimed? Is it the hardest halo campaign?

> > > > > The best game I have ever played, period.
> > > > >
> > > > > It is the most stunning, amazing, smooth, graphically-pleasurable, game I’ve ever seen. (Talking mainly about the campaign here).
> > > > >
> > > > > I just played the first level, a bit into the second.
> > > > >
> > > > > I’m sorry Bungie, but from what I’ve played, its trumped your Halos. (no offence).
> > > > >
> > > > > Guys, get out there and buy this game immediately. Just from the first level, hell, from the first cutscene, it’s worth triple the money you pay for it.
> > > > >
> > > > > 343, I am yours, faithfully, forever.
> > > >
> > > > While I don’t disagree that Halo is awesome,
> > > >
> > > > as far as graphics and sounds go I have plenty on my PC that trump it.
> > > >
> > > > Now if Halo 4 was to come to PC with higher resolution textures, native 1080p+ support?
> > > >
> > > > That would be amazing.
> > >
> > > Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i thought that pc grapics were usually lower quality that the consoles.
> >
> > PC far surpasses console in all ways, and probably will with the next gen of consoles.
>
> oh right i didnt know that, but i have watch gameplay of halo, cod etc on the pc and the graphics aren’t as good as the consoles. Does it just depend on the game, pc etc?

Depends on the game, ports are never good, there is a game called planetside 2 coming out planetside 2 gameplay (dont worry it isn’t a like to spoilers) all be it it’s in beta but it looks much better then any console game could get at its current state.

> > @ OP Agreed!
> >
> > Though im thinking of toning down the difficulty as im on legendary on mission 3 and Getting my -Yoink!- handed to me!!
> >
> > Minor Mission 3 Spoiler question
> > How the hell am i meant to take on 4 Promethean knights at once?!?!? Do they have weaknesses?
>
> Is the campaign as difficult as 343 claimed? Is it the hardest halo campaign?

Ive completed them all legendary (except anniversary as i only got it recently, but did complete CE so same thing). Halo 2 was the hardest but in a cheap way! i dont really remeber it since i completed by xmas when it came out.

Halo 3 wasnt Hard but was a challenge in places, ODST was easy and Reach was easy bar a few checkpoints.

4…now ive only played 2 hours and im on the third mission first rally point. Its harder than 3-Reach imo, the Covvie are just as easy. But its the new enemies which screw me. Ive only had a few scraps with them up to the bit im stuck on but they are scary and confusing. I mean i went dark on campaign so have no idea on their abilities and weaknesses so im just winging it. Its alot of fun though, the awe of facing a new foe.

Now that the game is releasing for real im going to nail the campaign all week on legendary to try and finish it solo by this time next week a mission a day.

TLDR yea its hard alright very hard! but im not sure if its because im trying to cut a steak with a butter knife as i dont understand the enemies yet!

> oh right i didnt know that, but i have watch gameplay of halo, cod etc on the pc and the graphics aren’t as good as the consoles. Does it just depend on the game, pc etc?

It has more to do with the fact pc can downgrade or upgrade graphic as people want/need. I can make halo 1 pc look 10 times better then its xbox version.

Take exemple of games that are multi platform like skyrim, battlefield 3 or even call of duty. On a good machine you can turn up resolution higher then native 1080p and turn up effects like anti aliasing that console cannot handle. There is effects like tesselations that consoles cannot redent. On top of that if you have a good enough machine you can run every game at over 60fps, something cod brags about doing on consoles hehe. I can run MW3 on my pc with 120+ fps lol, it looks much better then on xbox(still pretty outdated look) and it sync with my pc 120hz screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65DwHZp-l4

If you played crysis 2, this video showcase a bit of this, basicly xbox 360 cant do the dx11 effects shown, only the dx9 ones.

Ehhhh I don’t know. I’m through level 3 and I’ve already killed every new enemy and used every new weapon. It just feels like I’m going through the motions.

Good to here it :slight_smile: looks like a busy day ahead of me!