Halo 4 is too fast paced

The essence of Halo is small arena style maps with short range weapons that take skill to aim with. The DMR is just easy to use and has so much range and a high rate of fire. For the future of Halo, I would recommend slowing it down. Return to the classic experience without loadouts, fast kill times, ranged weapons, and huge maps.
Have a nice day!
-Jbay

Fast kill times were the classic experience for any player who began playing Halo before Halo 3. The Halo 2 BR and CE Pistol kill much faster than the Halo 4 DMR.

Both of these weapons were also super accurate. Really, Halo 3 was the only weapon with a really inconsistent primary weapon.

That video was awesome. I totally agree!

I also think what you said about Longbow was spot on.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8NPixKCxk
>
> The essence of Halo is small arena style maps with short range weapons that take skill to aim with. The DMR is just easy to use and has so much range and a high rate of fire. For the future of Halo, I would recommend slowing it down. <mark>Return to the classic experience without</mark> loadouts, <mark>fast kill times</mark>, ranged weapons, and <mark>huge maps</mark>.
> Have a nice day!
> -Jbay

According to this picture, Halo 2/3’s BR’s had fast kill times (faster than the DMR!). So, that’s classic Halo; Fast kill times. So what you should be saying is “Return to the classic experience, without slow kill times”.

As for big maps, well, Halo 2 had huge maps. As well as Halo 3.
Just look at what Halo 2 had:
Containment
Relic
Coagulation
Waterworks
Headlong
Burial Mounds
Colussus
Terminal
Zanzibar
That’s a lot if you ask me. Halo 4 has too little.

And I love Personal Loadouts. I feel they could be more balanced, but I do really love them. But I do understand people just one the one locked Loadout. I believe we should have both.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE8NPixKCxk
>
> The essence of Halo is small arena style maps with short range weapons that take skill to aim with. The DMR is just easy to use and has so much range and a high rate of fire. For the future of Halo, I would recommend slowing it down. Return to the classic experience without loadouts, fast kill times, ranged weapons, and huge maps.
> Have a nice day!
> -Jbay

I am so afriod of this game becoming like every other game out there … With the increase of weapon kill times, you can increase the loadouts power to keep the kill time the same.

Essentialy. It is really the loadouts that is the problem, not the weapons kill times.

Wouldn’t ordinance also have an affect in over all speed? You have more people walking around with power weapons than before. Not to mention the generally flimsy vehicles.

I don’t play online due to network issues though, so I could be totally off in this thinking.

Halo 4 is a bit faster paced than recent Halo games. I guess that’s a good and a bad thing though.

okay. you want fast(er) killtimes, we get it. but stop acting like the BR in halo 3 was worthless. it did its job perfectly. you might not like it, but it did. i have shown you why this is true with the bungie update article.

also, you NEED to stop acting like it was as easy to the H1 Pistol and the H2 BR as it is the H4 DMR.

> Fast kill times were the classic experience for any player who began playing Halo before Halo 3. The Halo 2 BR and CE Pistol kill much faster than the Halo 4 DMR.
>
> Both of these weapons were also super accurate. Really, Halo 3 was the only weapon with a really inconsistent primary weapon.

> okay. you want fast(er) killtimes, we get it. but stop acting like the BR in halo 3 was worthless. it did its job perfectly. you might not like it, but it did. i have shown you why this is true with the bungie update article.
>
> also, you NEED to stop acting like it was as easy to the H1 Pistol and the H2 BR as it is the H4 DMR.

I understand that the Halo 3 BR did its job for what it was meant to do. But it was not a very good job for it to be doing in the first place.

what does this MEAN? seriously. it was meant to be a “precision” weapon that was accurate up to 30 world units and able to ping snipers out of scope further then that but NOT kill fast at any further, how is this NOT a “very good job”?

> I understand that the Halo 3 BR did its job for what it was meant to do. But it was not a very good job for it to be doing in the first place.

Only in Regicide.

Kill-No Shields-Instant Respawn-Death

I agree, they try to turn this a run and gun game like the other game they try to copy…

Halo 1 pistol worked great over LAN, and you had to lead those shots, and in my opinion was still not as accurate as the DMR, also not nearly as forgiving. Unless you were playing on blood gulch, the pistol wasnt always the best weapon for the job, but damn it killed WAY fast. Most people I know now joke about how overpowered the pistol was. It was great gameplay compared to Goldeneye at the time, but really in hindsight, thats not that crazy. Grenades were long distance, and large radius, but the fuse was HUGE.

Halo 2’s BR was great, provided you were host. Otherwise, it was spotty at best a lot of times. No red reticle meant no hits. so you could move out of cover between cover and not die from 4 dudes teamshooting you unless they were within range. Also grenade throwing was short as hell.

Halo 3’s gameplay made the most sense, and while I loved 1 and 2, and still do, I think 3 had the most polished core mechanics. Had they used hitscan and a slightly tighter spread, I think thats all that would have needed to be done to make the game great, spare perhaps marginally higher movement and acceleration.

To me, the thing that made Halo 2’s gameplay great were the maps were fun to traverse and the fighting complimented the map design. halo 3’s maps are amazing compared to what we have now, but they never touched halo 2.

Halo 1 was nice, and addictive because the pistol was fun but difficult to master, Halo 2 was more about overall gameplay. It too was fast, but was rounded out on most maps by not allowing a stranglehold of one team or another.

H3 did this also. Halo 4 has almost none of the good traits that the previous halos had, and while fast is, nothing more than a fast chaotic mess. Never before in any halo did I feel like I was dying too fast. I could ALWAYS if I played correctly turn a battle around. halo 4 is purely on even skill, who sees who first wins. Thats not Halo, and its not why I fell in love with the series.

> Halo 1 pistol worked great over LAN, and you had to lead those shots, and in my opinion was still not as accurate as the DMR, also not nearly as forgiving. Unless you were playing on blood gulch, the pistol wasnt always the best weapon for the job, but damn it killed WAY fast. Most people I know now joke about how overpowered the pistol was. It was great gameplay compared to Goldeneye at the time, but really in hindsight, thats not that crazy. Grenades were long distance, and large radius, but the fuse was HUGE.
>
> Halo 2’s BR was great, provided you were host. Otherwise, it was spotty at best a lot of times. No red reticle meant no hits. so you could move out of cover between cover and not die from 4 dudes teamshooting you unless they were within range. Also grenade throwing was short as hell.
>
> Halo 3’s gameplay made the most sense, and while I loved 1 and 2, and still do, I think 3 had the most polished core mechanics. Had they used hitscan and a slightly tighter spread, I think thats all that would have needed to be done to make the game great, spare perhaps marginally higher movement and acceleration.
>
> To me, the thing that made Halo 2’s gameplay great were the maps were fun to traverse and the fighting complimented the map design. halo 3’s maps are amazing compared to what we have now, but they never touched halo 2.
>
> Halo 1 was nice, and addictive because the pistol was fun but difficult to master, Halo 2 was more about overall gameplay. It too was fast, but was rounded out on most maps by not allowing a stranglehold of one team or another.
>
> H3 did this also. Halo 4 has almost none of the good traits that the previous halos had, and while fast is, nothing more than a fast chaotic mess. Never before in any halo did I feel like I was dying too fast. I could ALWAYS if I played correctly turn a battle around. halo 4 is purely on even skill, who sees who first wins. Thats not Halo, and its not why I fell in love with the series.

um what you said about how whoever shoots first at the end there… I just want to go out and say right now that’s a load of crap.

> The essence of Halo is small arena style maps with short range weapons that take skill to aim with.

> “Halo 4 is too fast paced”

INCOHERENCE DETECTED: Arena games are usually fast paced.

Halo 4 is definitely not too fast. Halo 3 and Reach were way too slow. CE, 2 and 4 are a good pace (4 will be even better when the precision weapons are buffed).

There is a reason almost all Halo 3 montages were snipers where Halo 2 montages had a lot of BR and sniper and other things because BR gameplay in Halo 3 was boring compared to two.

The guy who said “I understand that the Halo 3 BR did its job for what it was meant to do. But it was not a very good job for it to be doing in the first place.” I agree. Halo 2 BR was absolutely flawless and a fan favorite so what possessed Bungie to ruin it in 3 I’ll never know.

Also the guy who said “also, you NEED to stop acting like it was as easy to the H1 Pistol and the H2 BR as it is the H4 DMR.” I agree about the Halo CE pistol but I have to disagree about the BR. The only thing that made Halo 2 BR harder was mastering Double Shots, Quad Shots, and BXR.

> Halo 4 is definitely not too fast. Halo 3 and Reach were way too slow. CE, 2 and 4 are a good pace (4 will be even better when the precision weapons are buffed).
>
> There is a reason almost all Halo 3 montages were snipers where Halo 2 montages had a lot of BR and sniper and other things because BR gameplay in Halo 3 was boring compared to two.
>
> The guy who said “I understand that the Halo 3 BR did its job for what it was meant to do. But it was not a very good job for it to be doing in the first place.” I agree. Halo 2 BR was absolutely flawless and a fan favorite so what possessed Bungie to ruin it in 3 I’ll never know.
>
> Also the guy who said “also, you NEED to stop acting like it was as easy to the H1 Pistol and the H2 BR as it is the H4 DMR.” I agree about the Halo CE pistol but I have to disagree about the BR. The only thing that made Halo 2 BR harder was mastering Double Shots, Quad Shots, and BXR.

Do you really think it is a good idea to increase the kill times in this game with it’s huge aim assist and magnetism? (I agree if they choose to reduce that, but it’s unlikely). If you leave the armor abilities the game will already be miles faster. No more camo camping, no more hardlight shield, no more thruster pack … No more anything that can help you escape death or survive a few seconds longer.

The only reason you could easily get BR Halo 2 montage clips was because of the various glitches the games contained.

40ms is not MUCH faster than. CE’s M6 at 870ms is much faster, but 40ms (the H2BR) is not much faster in killing than the H4DMR at a baseline of 1470ms (at current). Especially with trade windows over live.

But yes Halo is not a slow game when played “right.” Halo4 is very close to the pace of H2 and is a bit faster than H3, much more than Reach. None are at the potential of CE :slight_smile:

> okay. you want fast(er) killtimes, we get it. but stop acting like the BR in halo 3 was worthless. it did its job perfectly. you might not like it, but it did. i have shown you why this is true with the bungie update article.
>
> also, you NEED to stop acting like it was as easy to the H1 Pistol and the H2 BR as it is the H4 DMR.

Not as easy, but not too difficult either. The PC version of Halo CE actually added tons of large maps, including the largest map still to this date, Infinity.

Yet those maps played fine because the magnum was capable of shooting at such extreme distances.

It’s a strawman regardless. None of us are calling for an easy to use DMR.

@OP
I did enjoy the video. It proves you don’t need to entirely remove everything new for an enjoyable and classic experience. I would love to have a playlist that contains those map and gametype variants.

Can’t handle it?