Halo 4 is the most frustrating halo yet

the game is too fast, i get killed by 3 people at once and every time i get a kill more people come from behind every single time it’s like i never get a break between kills if i fight up front. i just outright suck bad at this game and thats saying something because i suck at fps in general and this is no exception but this is by far the most frustrating halo experience yet for me.

I am a 11 year Halo veteran and suck at H4. It is gonna take time to get good. Plus 343 needs to make a few changes or the future of their studio will be in trouble.

For me, it’s because the game is so glitchy along with the DMR being so overpowered.

Slayer is fine. Big team battle needs a delay on respawn. The maps for big team battle are to small.

Guys I have been playing Halo for like 10 years H4 is the best by far it incorporates lots more stuff and is more similar to COD which yeah some people may find bad but tbh I think its better

Even though I am having an immense amount of fun with this game, I will admit that some matches can be quite frustrating, especially Slayer matches on Haven. The map is too small, fast-paced, and hectic for instant respawns. Several times I couldn’t find reprieve from firefights due to enemy players instantly respawning close to me and flanking me. Hopefully, some Slayer playlists will be added in the future that will implement delayed spawning to slow down the action a tad bit.

This game (except) FFA is about team work. Being a CoD lone wold wolf doesn’t work in this game because of shields, and the minimap. You battle it out I by yourself, and the person your fighting take your shield down and his buddy takes you out. Stick with teamates and work together taking people out. If you get the kill great, if you get the assist that’s good to. Also watch your shield and seek cover when you need to. These small things will improve your game. Oh yeah, strafe, move, jump, melee, and keep moving in a firefight, never stay still.

> Guys I have been playing Halo for like 10 years H4 is the best by far it incorporates lots more stuff and is more similar to COD which yeah some people may find bad but tbh I think its better

Thank you for saying it. The reason It’s bad, is because it has stuff from CoD. If you didn’t play Halo before, you’re still not playing it with Halo 4.

> This game (except) FFA is about team work. Being a CoD lone wold wolf doesn’t work in this game because of shields, and the minimap. You battle it out I by yourself, and the person your fighting take your shield down and his buddy takes you out. Stick with teamates and work together taking people out. If you get the kill great, if you get the assist that’s good to. Also watch your shield and seek cover when you need to. These small things will improve your game. Oh yeah, strafe, move, jump, melee, and keep moving in a firefight, never stay still.

thanks for telling us how to play Halo

Honestly I’m having more fun with this halo (at least in matchmaking) than I have with any other and I’ve played all of them.

I had the same problem at first, but after a while I managed to learn how to play and adapt my playstyle so Now I rank in the top three of most games.

You just need to learn what guns to use when. My go-to loadout when I play Slayer consists of A DMR, AR, Dexterity, Firepower and Promethian vision.

When playing vehicle maps DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE PLASMA PISTOL. And Rocket-pack/evade is great for avoiding splatters.

Game on bro!

> > This game (except) FFA is about team work. Being a CoD lone wold wolf doesn’t work in this game because of shields, and the minimap. You battle it out I by yourself, and the person your fighting take your shield down and his buddy takes you out. Stick with teamates and work together taking people out. If you get the kill great, if you get the assist that’s good to. Also watch your shield and seek cover when you need to. These small things will improve your game. Oh yeah, strafe, move, jump, melee, and keep moving in a firefight, never stay still.
>
> thanks for telling us how to play Halo

They need to be told. There’s a lot of people on here who could use this advice.

> > Guys I have been playing Halo for like 10 years H4 is the best by far it incorporates lots more stuff and is more similar to COD which yeah some people may find bad but tbh I think its better
>
> Thank you for saying it. The reason It’s bad, is because it has stuff from CoD. If you didn’t play Halo before, you’re still not playing it with Halo 4.

Uh, yes you are. These new features do not totally override the core Halo gameplay, not even close. The game is still largely reliant on guns, grenades, melee, jumping, strafing, map position, quick reactions, map tactics, and headshots. Play Slayer Pro is this is very clear.

LOL Same, I was out right Amazing at reach but in halo 4 man. I play like -Yoink-

I suck too, but whining about it won’t help and it just makes you look pathetic. That said, I’m doing at least as well in Halo 4 as I did in Halo 3 or Reach. I think it helps that I can tweak my loadouts to accommodate the way I play.

> This game (except) FFA is about team work. Being a CoD lone wold wolf doesn’t work in this game because of shields, and the minimap. You battle it out I by yourself, and the person your fighting take your shield down and his buddy takes you out. Stick with teamates and work together taking people out. If you get the kill great, if you get the assist that’s good to. Also watch your shield and seek cover when you need to. These small things will improve your game. Oh yeah, strafe, move, jump, melee, and keep moving in a firefight, never stay still.

this is exactly what i try to do but it doesn’t work every time i strafe i miss the last hit for some reason, happens every time team games are unplayable because only 1 or 2 people move away from the base everyone else camps. i’ve played all the other halo’s and halo 3’s steady pace was perfect but this game is way too fast it’s no fun, i have to switch myself to tryhard mode to win a game and i hate doing that. plus the shield regen is ridiculously slow even with the perk it’s still way too slow i’m basicly wasting a perk that does absolutely nothing

> I suck too, but whining about it won’t help and it just makes you look pathetic. That said, I’m doing at least as well in Halo 4 as I did in Halo 3 or Reach. I think it helps that I can tweak my loadouts to accommodate the way I play.

whining about it helps you get better, there are loads of people who know more about the game than me here and can give me information on how to play.

> LOL Same, I was out right Amazing at reach but in halo 4 man. I play like -Yoink-

same and then there is the fact that warthogs/mongooses/ghosts last seconds on a game of BTB to many power weapons/plasma grenades and the mantis just destroy’s them in seconds.

i miss the good old times when i actually cruised round and maybe got a splatter. now i’m just nervous in them knowing that i’m properly in the sights of a railgun/spartan laser/rocket launcher/mantis/banshee hell even the DMR or BR now.

> > LOL Same, I was out right Amazing at reach but in halo 4 man. I play like -Yoink-
>
> same and then there is the fact that warthogs/mongooses/ghosts last seconds on a game of BTB to many power weapons/plasma grenades and the mantis just destroy’s them in seconds.
>
> i miss the good old times when i actually cruised round and maybe got a splatter. now i’m just nervous in them knowing that i’m properly in the sights of a railgun/spartan laser/rocket launcher/mantis/banshee hell even the DMR or BR now.

btb is unplayable now

> Honestly I’m having more fun with this halo (at least in matchmaking) than I have with any other and I’ve played all of them.

You must be a CoD fan then.