HALO 4 IS SUPER COMPETITIVE AND FUN!

This is mainly to everyone that is in the competitive community. Watch this video and honestly give me a reason, not a -Yoink- reason, an actual debatable reason why this games settings won’t be competitive out of the box. I am super excited at how this game is turning out. I also want to hear from the non competitive community members. Would you guys actually watch this at an MLG event or any other event? I really hope this game brings everyone together. I think 343i got it down that they can’t cater to one side of the community. If you don’t get what I’m saying. They’re adding new vehicles and amazing huge maps for the less competitive players. They’re making everything balanced and making good medium/small maps for us competitive players. They’re adding spartan ops for people that are passionate about Halo’s story. They’re improving forge not only in a way that helps people forge better maps, but also improve the way the map looks for of course forgers and machinima directors/producers. They really looked at all aspects of the game and listened to everyone. 343 I just wanted to say thank you. This game is going to be amazing. :slight_smile:

PLEASE LEAVE RANKING OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION

I’m talking about the setting and LAN/Tournament play. Also, viewing experience.

If we get rid of perks, and make AAs map pickups, while removing personal ordinance, Halo 4 will be fine.

> honestly give me a reason, not a Yoink! reason, an actual debatable reason why this game won’t be competitive out of the box.

No competitive ranking system.

> > honestly give me a reason, not a Yoink! reason, an actual debatable reason why this game won’t be competitive out of the box.
>
> No competitive ranking system.

Okay, so you are complaining because there is not a number next to your name? Funny…

> > > honestly give me a reason, not a Yoink! reason, an actual debatable reason why this game won’t be competitive out of the box.
> >
> > No competitive ranking system.
>
> Okay, so you won’t buy it because there is not a number next to your name? Funny…

Please tell me where I claimed I would not buy the game?

Nice edit bro.

> > honestly give me a reason, not a Yoink! reason, an actual debatable reason why this game won’t be competitive out of the box.
>
> No competitive ranking system.

I meant settings. Ill re write what I meant.

> > honestly give me a reason, not a Yoink! reason, an actual debatable reason why this game won’t be competitive out of the box.
>
> No competitive ranking system.

There is one but only you can see it. The progression system seems to reward you heavily for winning too.

A game doesn’t really need a ranking system to be competitive anyway.

Every game needs to reward the winner. Not with a CoD styled XP or in-game currency. You need a reason to win and it needs to be a good reason. Because if you don’t, the only thing that matters at the end of the day is your KDR. The only people who care about that is you and your mom. That’s what made Halo and CoD different. Everyone is rewarded for winning in Halo, and in CoD the only thing that matters is your game ending nuke, and your KDR.

I’m indifferent about AAs as none of them seem to be over powered at the moment, and I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a stealth package for people who want to stay away from promethian vision. It lets me play the way I want to.

> > > honestly give me a reason, not a Yoink! reason, an actual debatable reason why this game won’t be competitive out of the box.
> >
> > No competitive ranking system.
>
> I meant settings. Ill re write what I meant.

A good ranking system is essential for competitive matches to even matter.

Didn’t they already confirm there will be a competitive system? Either that or they haven’t said anything at all yet.

He said no -Yoink!- reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Goes to show what’chu know

> No competitive ranking system.

There is one you yoink.

> > > > honestly give me a reason, not a Yoink! reason, an actual debatable reason why this game won’t be competitive out of the box.
> > >
> > > No competitive ranking system.
> >
> > Okay, so you won’t buy it because there is not a number next to your name? Funny…
>
> Please tell me where I claimed I would not buy the game?
>
> Nice edit bro.

Actually, I was trying to edit it before I even read your post. You didn’t say you wouldn’t buy it, I don’t know why I put that. I guess because the other thread said “Is anyone not going to buy Halo 4?”

But still, a number is not that big of a deal.

> If we get rid of perks, and make AAs map pickups, while removing personal ordinance, Halo 4 will be fine.

  1. Specializations aren’t hugely gameplay altering like CoDs perks. They are minor bonuses.
  2. AAs look MUCH more balanced than Reach and I have seen nothing so far to suggest other wise.
    3 Plants face in desk PODs are in only on game type, you have zero reason to complain about them.

> If we get rid of perks, and make AAs map pickups, while removing personal ordinance, Halo 4 will be fine.

Those are not reasons. Make a valid point or please don’t reply.

> > If we get rid of perks, and make AAs map pickups, while removing personal ordinance, Halo 4 will be fine.
>
> 1. Specializations aren’t hugely gameplay altering like CoDs perks. They are minor bonuses.
> 2. AAs look MUCH more balanced than Reach and I have seen nothing so far to suggest other wise.
> 3 Plants face in desk PODs are in only on game type, you have zero reason to complain about them.

  1. Maybe not all the perks are bad. Things like Awareness and the Sensor Upgrade may have to be removed, since MLG doesn’t use radar anyway.

  2. We haven’t seen Regeneration Field, Camo, or Jetpack yet.

  3. They are only in certain gametypes, yes, but they do not need to be in competitive gametypes.

> > If we get rid of perks, and make AAs map pickups, while removing personal ordinance, Halo 4 will be fine.
>
> Those are not reasons. Make a valid point or please don’t reply.

Asymmetrical spawning. That is why. Choosing between a BR or Carbine is fine, but the rest should be map pickups.

“PLEASE LEAVE RANKING OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION”

So leave out the biggest and most legitimate reason?

You claim to be talking about the competitiveness in-game, as in in the middle of a match and actually playing. Well no -Yoink- that’s competitive, there’s a winner and a loser, that right there makes it competitive.

Doesn’t mean the overall game can be defined as “competitive”.

Double post.

> > > If we get rid of perks, and make AAs map pickups, while removing personal ordinance, Halo 4 will be fine.
> >
> > Those are not reasons. Make a valid point or please don’t reply.
>
> Asymmetrical spawning. That is why. Choosing between a BR or Carbine is fine, but the rest should be map pickups.

And yet you still don’t give me a REASON why it should be like that. I get what you want to happen. Now back it up with a valid reason. I’m all ears and I am not saying it shouldn’t. I’m just saying give me a reason why it should.

> “PLEASE LEAVE RANKING OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION”
>
> So leave out the biggest and most legitimate reason?
>
> You claim to be talking about the competitiveness in-game, as in in the middle of a match and actually playing. Well no Yoink! that’s competitive, there’s a winner and a loser, that right there makes it competitive.
>
> Doesn’t mean the overall game can be defined as “competitive”.

Face palm Not even going to reply.