Halo 4 is not.... halo?

Stop! Dont tear me apart yet!

I went back and played Halo: Reach and now i am just confused. Dont get me wrong. I love halo. I have the books. I listen to the podcasts. I own all the games. But there is no “halo feel” to halo 4. I mean, all the past games have been somewhat the same or have shared similar characteristics (i.e. the dashboard, bleed-through system, etc. you get what i’m trying to stay).

Now, not that i wanted a carbon copy of the last halo (i dont think anyone does) but this halo just does not feel like… like halo. Sure it has the MC and the storyline and everything but there is something about it that does not click. the banshee mechanics are off, the way the BR sounds, the scale of the maps, and everything of the sort. the fact that martin o’donnel didnt even make the soundtrack just adds to the mix (dont get me wrong, i still love the soundtrack nonetheless).

I know that the new games arent supposed to be exactly like the previous one, i know this, but still. something always felt like it carried over to the new game. halo 2 to halo 3, and halo 3 to halo reach. but it doesnt feel like something carried from halo reach to halo 4. or even halo 3 to halo 4. granted, they were made by different studios, and this is a new series. but shouldnt there still be something there from the old games to keep the old fans appeased along with a steady population growth? for me, and this is only an opinion of course, halo 4 has NOT saved halo. there is no population increase, no steady flux of new fans, and not a strong fanbase like there was during halo 2,3, and reach. even the forums dont seem the same like they were on bungie.net (granted i didnt even like the forums that much). i mean, CORTANA doesnt even look the same as she did in the previous halos. i’m surprised they didnt change any significant voices as well.

but, i’m just going to leave it at this, is halo 4 really like ‘classic’ halo? like the ‘olden’ days? i mean, i feel like it isnt but can someone persuade me? give stats, opinions, cliches, something, ANYTHING to make me believe that halo still has hope and a future that will some day be like it’s past in halo 2,3, and reach? anyone?

-viscontii

Feels like Halo to me. And that is all that matters.

I agree but I can’t give you anything in regards to the future.

> Feels like Halo to me. And that is all that matters.

Yep. I can still do my Spartany stuff and more.

To answer you Poll
Yes, I enjoy Halo 4

In response to your post
I slightly agree, overall the game just feels a lot different then previous games.
but I still like it, and it’s still a lot more different than other FPS games out there.

yes i do love it and yes it is different but to me if i got one more game with no real change it would get stale…

> yes i do love it and yes it is different but to me if i got one more game with no real change it would get stale…

I may not have liked reach that much but I’ll give them credit for being different than 3. I want something new and things to return with every halo game.

You obviously think halo 4 doens’t look like halo, not that it doesn’t play like halo. I agree that halo 4 doesn’t look like halo, but it sure as hell has more halo mechanics than reach did. Btw there was no strong fanbase in reach, which is why halo 4 didn’t sell as much.

Halo 4 is definitely different than previous Halo games, but I’d have to disagree that it’s not Halo. When I play it, it definitely feels like Halo; the gameplay and overall flow of the game is very similar in both Campaign and MP.

That’s my opinion of course, and you’re welcome to yours. But I would definitely have to disagree.

I agree. Halo4 isnt that fun anymore compared 2 and 3. Its just doesnt feel like im playing halo.

> You obviously think halo 4 doens’t look like halo, not that it doesn’t play like halo. I agree that halo 4 doesn’t look like halo, but it sure as hell has more halo mechanics than reach did. Btw there was no strong fanbase in reach, which is why halo 4 didn’t sell as much.

i said it doesnt feel or look or play like halo…and to me the mechanics dont feel the same or halo-like…even the maps. theyre more like call of duty maps. you can get killed from every angle and every direction. the spawns are different and it just doesnt feel like halo.

take ragnarok for example. it feels so much different to play on when compared to halo 3. same map. slightly different look. yet different feel.

I totally agree it does not feel nor play like a halo game. Past halo games focused on teamwork and map control there is none of this in halo 4. It promotes people being lone wolves. No clue what the future holds for halo but if it continues down this path im done.

how about we talk about this over some one pound fish’s?

Oh no cortana doesnt look the same. sniff

> Oh no cortana doesnt look the same. sniff

not that i put any other reasons…or anything…

I think it’s a lot of fun. It has its problems, but if they fix them, it’ll be an amazing game.

I measure Halo by 3 things: player (Master Chief), AI, vehicles

Player: absolutely sucks. Low jump height, no flashlight, slow reload, slow grenade toss. It’s Halo 2 and Reach combined.

AI: abysmal. Especially with the randomized behavior after each revert.

Vehicles: not enough variety, unpleasant to fight against.

Halo 4 isn’t like any other halo. Maybe a few parts in it is the same, but other than those parts it’s a whole new game to a whole new series. The ranking system isn’t like halo3 which was the best ranking system. It seems like they didn’t even care for this ranking system. All the guns sound like plastic nerf guns. It was fun for like the first 3 weeks then it dropped. This halo isn’t going far and if they don’t step it up for halo 5 then I think the series will die forever…

plays the same… shoots the same. same vehicles. its just a different style… 343 and bungie are different. some concepts in multiplayer aren’t what halo used to be. and maybe more fluidity in the campaign, but other than that it’s good

> I totally agree it does not feel nor play like a halo game. Past halo games focused on teamwork and map control there is none of this in halo 4. It promotes people being lone wolves. No clue what the future holds for halo but if it continues down this path im done.

BINGO…

And its totally the communities fault.

343 saw the writting on the wall and made a huge and drastic change to halo.

personal ordinances, loadouts and join in progress are features you get when your community no longer cares about winning or simply communicating.

Halo 2 and early xbox live games had 90-100 percent of the players using mics. Those games also didnt have achievements, credits and other nonsense to make people feel good if they didnt win.

I remember when people would get mad when they did bad or get mad at you if you did bad. No one seems to be cocerned about winning as long as their getting some credit, achievement or whatever.