Halo 4 Is More Than Just A Game

It’s a pass time, it’s a hobby, it’s an activity, it’s a way to relax, a way to let out some anger, show some people up or just have some fun.

When it comes down to it though, don’t we all like to have a goal, something to strive for? Something to bring us back? Something to work towards?

I am glad that CSR is going to be added, but I feel this isn’t enough. I appreciate 343i trying, but I feel, that it will be so out of the way, it won’t even make to big of a difference.

I and many others want something more than just SR130 to look towards.

A Halo Game without visible ranks in game is a like a game of chess where you just get your pawns back, it’s never ending and lacks purpose.

For some people Halo is the only place or thing they can shine or show skill in, and if that’s stripped away, what’s left?

I and many others are going and are willing to give CSR a chance. I just feel that their should be a fine line between Player A who plays all the easy playlists, and Player B who plays all the harder playlists. Given that there even is harder playlists and both players do well in their playlists. All people like showing off what they have earned over time. Sure it may be virtual, but it’s something, and when it comes down to it, it adds to overall substance of life.

Just my opinion, feel free to bag, and flame. That’s how I see it, and I’m pretty stead-fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6dIwb_OBl8

This

I think being able to see someones k/d ratio is just as good as seeing a rank beside their name.

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6dIwb_OBl8
>
> This

I quite enjoyed this. :slight_smile:

> I think being able to see someones k/d ratio is just as good as seeing a rank beside their name.

Sure, you can say that, and I won’t argue. But what about Player A who plays mainly BTB or Let’s say Infection, compared to Player B who soley plays MLG. They can both have the same K/D, but who would you say is better at the game? What is to draw the line, if there is no visible difference. I think there is a difference between an overkill exterm in BTB, compared to MLG.

Your title reminded me of this quote by the awesome Liam Neeson:

“Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely.”

> I think being able to see someones k/d ratio is just as good as seeing a rank beside their name.

Then I’d also like to see a list of secondary slayer AND objective stats alongside that :wink:

You know like percentage of games as host, total flags capped, total kill assists, bases captured, win/loss records, total time in hill, power weapons/vehicles given to teammates, total killjoys etc.

If you’re going to just look at statistics you need to be better informed than just KDR.

> > I think being able to see someones k/d ratio is just as good as seeing a rank beside their name.
>
> Then I’d also like to see a list of secondary slayer AND objective stats alongside that :wink:
>
> You know like percentage of games as host, total flags capped, total kill assists, bases captured, win/loss records, total time in hill, power weapons/vehicles given to teammates, total killjoys etc.
>
> If you’re going to just look at statistics you need to be better informed than just KDR.

I would gladly take this as a substitute.

Halo is my favorite pass time/hobby :stuck_out_tongue:

Great to hang out with friends.

> Your title reminded me of this quote by the awesome Liam Neeson:
>
> “Your training is nothing. The will is everything. If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely.”

I’m glad I could strike some nostalgia up. :slight_smile:

> It’s a pass time, it’s a hobby, it’s an activity, it’s a way to relax, a way to let out some anger, show some people up or just have some fun.
>
> When it comes down to it though, don’t we all like to have a goal, something to strive for? Something to bring us back? Something to work towards?
>
> I am glad that CSR is going to be added, but I feel this isn’t enough. I appreciate 343i trying, but I feel, that it will be so out of the way, it won’t even make to big of a difference.
>
> I and many others want something more than just SR130 to look towards.
>
> A Halo Game without visible ranks in game is a like a game of chess where you just get your pawns back, it’s never ending and lacks purpose.
>
> For some people Halo is the only place or thing they can shine or show skill in, and if that’s stripped away, what’s left?
>
> I and many others are going and are willing to give CSR a chance. I just feel that their should be a fine line between Player A who plays all the easy playlists, and Player B who plays all the harder playlists. Given that there even is harder playlists and both players do well in their playlists. All people like showing off what they have earned over time. Sure it may be virtual, but it’s something, and when it comes down to it, it adds to overall substance of life.
>
> Just my opinion, feel free to bag, and flame. That’s how I see it, and I’m pretty stead-fast.

Post game carnage report is all I need. So long as everyone who played eachother know the deal I could care less. The system is still set up to match players of similar skill.

At least CSR is a step in the right direction, but we have a couple months to convince them that we need it to be visible. Right now I’m drooling over the -Yoink!- new Waypoint and the fact that I will have Halo 4 in my grubby hands soon. :smiley: