Halo 4 is going to put Reach to shame...

Just look at this

If you’re too lazy to click and find it, allow me to post the specific parts and bold the things that make me the sickest…

Another interesting change to Halo 4 is loadouts. Rather than everyone rolling out with the same weapons online, players bring customized gear into battle. Everyone packs a primary and secondary weapon, armor abilities (including active camo, jetpack, and hologram) grenade type (plasma grenade is still unconfirmed). Weapons still appear around the map, of course, but they appear in random spots via drop pods. In another interesting minor tweak, the respawn in Team Slayer is instantaneous rather than reliant on a clock.

Oh, and since Chief vanished, Spartans have since learned to run; sprinting is an innate ability in everyone. Players can also use Forerunner Vision to peek through walls, Batman style. The X-ray vision upgrade is an armor ability you’ll equip. Other abilities are unlockable via Spartan Points, the currency fueling the in-game economy. Points unlock additional Ops missions, armor abilities, and cosmetic upgrades.

Sounds so… generic. Blah. Way worse than I could have imagined. Arena shooters are now dead, guys.

Most of that is completely out of context.

> Most of that is completely out of context.

Unless the ability to see through walls is a direct lie, I fail to see how it could be taken out of context.

I wish everyone would wait for 343 to put all of this stuff into context before spouting a bunch of crap.

Edited by Moderator - Please do not post spam.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

yep

> > Most of that is completely out of context.
>
> Unless the ability to see through walls is a direct lie, I fail to see how it could be taken out of context.

Frank said on neogaf that you will not be able to see players through objects. “Absolutely not”.

> > > Most of that is completely out of context.
> >
> > Unless the ability to see through walls is a direct lie, I fail to see how it could be taken out of context.
>
> Frank said on neogaf that you will not be able to see players through objects. “Absolutely not”.

So X-Ray vision isn’t really in the game? And if it is it doesn’t let you see through walls?

Or does it only let you see another Spartan’s skeleton as you shoot at him?

Keep in mind, Frankie said the loadouts would be nothing like Call of Duty, and yet, they turned out to be pretty much exactly like them, so I don’t believe Frankie one bit.

> > Most of that is completely out of context.
>
> Unless the ability to see through walls is a direct lie, I fail to see how it could be taken out of context.

The “context” is how these new features will be implemented when you’re actually playing a gametype in a playlist. Y’know, when you’re actually playing halo. Right now it’s just a list of things that are in the game.

You could have talked about how you can control the camera and adopt a first or third person view in halo: reach. People would say “OHNO that’s not halo” like crazy, but it would just be a true statement about something that happens in Theater mode. Halo has fairly diverse modes of play; these features mentioned don’t necessarily have to be implemented the same way through all different ways of playing. That’s the context we are missing - how this stuff will actually work in the game. And it’s important context.

With this Forerunner Vision thing. You can see through walls. Great!. But…Which walls? How many? For how long? What do you see on the other side? Spartans, or just weapons/objectives? Do you see invisible spartans? Can they crouch? Can you look through multiple walls? Do you lose your radar while using it to compensate? Is it an option in objective gametypes, slayer, or everything? Is it, and other abilities, an option that can be overridden on a gametype specific level? Context. It matters.

Arena shooters died with Quake 3.

Spartan Points and Spartan Ops. Worst names ever.

> Most of that is completely out of context.

I really hope so - I REALLY DO

> Spartan Points and Spartan Ops. Worst names ever.

^^^^^^^
True

> Arena shooters died with Quake 3.

Did Quake 3 come out after Halo 3?